Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

23-10-2009, 22:23   #151
Our man in Havana
Closed Account

Don't you just hate it when that happens.
Advertisement
23-10-2009, 22:39   #152
Davy
Category Moderator

At the end where they look for your feedback, always select the 'very poor' in the "amount of reward for the survey time", if everyone does it they might listen
24-10-2009, 00:11   #153
Ste.phen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy View Post
At the end where they look for your feedback, always select the 'very poor' in the "amount of reward for the survey time", if everyone does it they might listen
Not if they keep doing the surveys
24-10-2009, 14:36   #154
jeckle
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayorleck114 View Post
Yes you are one of the many suckers who have fallen for the survey scam. The only survey I ever got paid for was on Pigsback.com they credited points and I bought mobile topup. All the rest are scams and market researh companies make millions on then and never pay out.
Irish Opinions is NOT a scam. Maybe you have been suckered into paying for a site to do surveys - most of the sites that require that you pay them are scams. You don't really need to be a sucker to work that one out IMO. Irish Opinions do not require people to do this: you do a survey & as soon as you have €10 in your account you can get paid for it, end of. Some people redeem their rewards every time they accumulate €10 & some wait for a larger amount.

Stating your opinion as fact without providing or being able to provide some sort of proof is a bit pointless, as your opinion is simply that: your opinion!

I don't do half the surveys they send, but get paid for each & every one that I do.

Click here for proof

As for Pigsback surveys they are few & far between. The last one they sent me was for 50 piggypoints. Considering it would have taken at least 25minutes to do & that in reward terms it would have paid less than 50cent I wouldn't bother.

So far this year I have received vouchers to the value of €50 from Irish Opinions which I have gladly spent. I have about €16 in my account yet to be redeemed. If that makes me a sucker in your book, so be it
Thanks from:
24-10-2009, 16:27   #155
alie

In fairness it does take ages for them to send out payment and sometimes the surveys are very boring and repetitive and i also dont agree with the ones where you fill out a load of answers only to be told you are not suitable!
Advertisement
01-11-2009, 12:42   #156
chasm

I did the one on Food today, took me about 15 minutes, loads of specific questions related to the answers that i gave, then the usual "reached target number" rubbish.

I am fuming as i had answer loads and i no longer believe that they do not use the answers given after it supposedly closes-especially after the detailled answers i had to give today.
01-11-2009, 12:59   #157
Our man in Havana
Closed Account

There was a survey the other day all about your sexual habbits. All this very personal information, like how often do you have sex, do you cheat on your spouse, how often do you mastrubate etc all for a measly 50 cent.

Like anyone will give truthful info for 50 cent.
01-11-2009, 13:04   #158
thebman
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond-007 View Post
There was a survey the other day all about your sexual habbits. All this very personal information, like how often do you have sex, do you cheat on your spouse, how often do you mastrubate etc all for a measly 50 cent.

Like anyone will give truthful info for 50 cent.
The recession has hit condom companies hard

I've given up on doing the survey's TBH because so many of the surveys are crap. I fill in the rating on them after I do a crap one and it comes up again a few months later.

The target number thing is bollocks IMO too. If you start the survey, you should get to finish it otherwise it looks bad for the website.
03-11-2009, 20:03   #159
chasm

Got an email today, they are rewarding me E1.50 for my "efforts"!
Advertisement
06-11-2009, 14:43   #160
calex71

Got this today in the email
Eh no thanks

Quote:
Dear Mr X,

At Irish Opinions we are continually finding ways to offer you more relevant surveys and increased opportunities to earn rewards by providing our clients with your valued opinions. We have developed an exciting new technology which does just that. It simply enhances the value you can take from your membership of the Irish Opinions Panel.

From today we will be using an advanced cookie (alphanumeric identifier) which enables us to provide you with surveys specifically tailored to your interests. The alphanumeric identifier will update us when you interact with these ads so we can send you relevant surveys for you to complete. Please rest assured we guarantee to protect your private data in accordance with our Privacy Policy.

The next time you log on to the Irish Opinions website, the alphanumeric identifier will be transferred to your computer through the web browser. This will not affect the performance of your computer but simply provide you with additional opportunities to receive more surveys relevant to your interests.

We encourage you to visit our Privacy Policy and read more about the cookie, its benefits as well as our ongoing commitment to protect your personal data. Our Privacy Policy also details how to delete the cookie at any time by following the instructions in your internet browser. However, if you wish to ensure that this cookie is not sent to your computer again, please write to our Panel Manger at the address specified in the Privacy Policy.

We are excited about this enhanced feature and look forward to providing you with more opportunities to share your valued opinions.

Kind regards,
Isabel
Irish Opinions Team
06-11-2009, 14:49   #161
Our man in Havana
Closed Account

How can you cash out and leave their site?

The cookie thing is very instusive. I don't want IO knowing what sites I visit.
Thanks from:
06-11-2009, 15:55   #162
calex71

i've got a 7 euro balance , with them at the minute but I think you cant get anything for less than €10, I know you can block the cookie from the site but after this I think I'd rather let them keep it and i'll keep my opinions to myself from now on
06-11-2009, 16:01   #163
Our man in Havana
Closed Account

I has €9.20 with about €4 pending. So I might just wait until it makes the €10 mark and then leave.
I certainly won't be completing anymore surveys for them.
13-11-2009, 15:00   #164
TakeTheVeil

Finally theres some Amazon vouchers going at the moment if anyone has been waiting to cash out on their balance
Thanks from:
14-11-2009, 00:27   #165
Our man in Havana
Closed Account

Yep, just got a £8 amazon voucher. I won't be doing any more for them.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion