Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is/will be studying what?

Options
  • 05-09-2004 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭

Well i'm a soon to be comp sci student (one with a life, dont worry :p)

Neil.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

I've just completed a Cert in Foundation Studies in Trinity and will be starting a Degree in Law in Oct. Looking forward to getting back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

Soon to be doing theoretical physics, I might see you in one of the computer/internet societies. They sound really fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Soon to be doing theoretical physics, I might see you in one of the computer/internet societies. They sound really fun.
    Not really the type of societies you see people at, compsoc's room is full of old computers and netsocs room, well it has a couch.

Anywho I'm doing engineering

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

crash_000 wrote:
    Well i'm a soon to be comp sci student (one with a life, dont worry :p)

Neil.

do any comp sci students have a life? :p he he. i know i'm asking for trouble saying that on boards of all places! i'm not much better (worse?) i do economics - but not for much longer thank god.

btw precarious, netsoc is a good society...tis only a yoyo and ya get free webspace and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Eclectichoney: meh i intend to break the mold :)

and if all else fails i'll gain control over the other nerds by promising to set em up with some girls, and get them to like....do my washing and stuff :)

• Advertisement

Comp Sci guy's are great. I was going to be one of them. They have a life, they like to party like the rest of us. Your in my faculty btw Crash, incase you didn't know it's an engineering degree you'll be getting.(of sorts)

BA i thought? then again the actual degrees that you get from trinity are oddly laid out. so what does our faculty do thats interesting then Joe?

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

I'll be starting maths in trinity in october. PrecariousNuts you'll be in all my classes except one, statistics. Although apparently theoretical physics students can do that if they want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

I'll be in all your classes aswell as my physics ones? Wow this sounds like some year ahead of me.

I was looking at the maths/physics socities too, anyone know whats the story with them? Boston, can you shead any light on the subject?

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

I'll be in all your classes aswell as my physics ones? Wow this sounds like some year ahead of me.

I was looking at the maths/physics socities too, anyone know whats the story with them? Boston, can you shead any light on the subject?

Lol yeah i know. Its possibly the hardest course in ireland. The first year physics shouldn't be too bad though. Its just an introduction to physics mainly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

im starting mental handicap nursing in october

anyone know anything about student nurses?

...mmm student nurses....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

I'm going into third year of my moderatership in Physics. TG no more chem..

Btw 1st year physics is dead handy if you've done phys in school. A lot of it is even LC chem, at least the quantum part is..
    Gets a lot more difficult in 2nd yr though. Mighta justa been the papers but 2/3rds of my class failed it. Doesn't add up when you compare with the other subjects in natural sci..

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭strawberry

Technically a Trinity law and french student.
    It's my erasmus year though so in reality I'm studying in Paris. What I've learnt so far: french food is good, the wine is better, the Sc-Po isn't half as fun as Trinity, but yet manages to be twice as snobby :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dermot_sheehan

Going into 4th Law

Greetings my fellow Trinitarians

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

PhD Geography

EDIT: Yeay...Trinity's got a forum.....who's modding?

p

thats up to the Gods to decide....they live in the clouds </badpun>

crash_000 wrote:
    thats up to the Gods to decide....they live in the clouds </badpun>
    gotcha

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

JF Neuroscience this year. Most of the people posting here seem to be Hamilton end people. Join DURNS for all your music related needs. We're no longer just for crusty rockers!

Yeah fair play to Clouds, bavaria cans all round! To yis upcomin freshers, you'll know what I mean soon, bavaria'll be yor staple. Also I have some advice for yis: go to as many things in freshers week as you CAN...! Possibly the greatest week of my life..

• Advertisement

John2 wrote:
    .... Most of the people posting here seem to be Hamilton end people...

Alway's found the Arts block and the Hamilton a bit souless...that's why i love my office being in the Museum Building. :D I'd recommend any newbies to trinity just to poke their head into this wonderful altmospheric building...

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

wow, it really happened!

i'm doing a diploma In "Deaf studies and irish sign language" out in drumcondra, (part of the center of deaf studies in trinity!

\o/ go trinners

pekelly wrote:
    Alway's found the Arts block and the Hamilton a bit souless...

Aye they are.. the old buildings (and sum of the really new ones) have much more character. Yeah the museum buildin is very nice, though I was never that much impressed by rocks.. :rolleyes:

The creation and assessment of digital spatial modelling techniques for the
    management of lake water quality in the Lough Leane and Lough Feeagh
    catchments.

Man that's quality.. :D You should have that as your signature instead of all that Compu-sh**e.. :p

apexaviour wrote:
    Aye they are.. the old buildings (and sum of the really new ones) have much more character. Yeah the museum buildin is very nice, though I was never that much impressed by rocks.. :rolleyes:

The creation and assessment of digital spatial modelling techniques for the
    management of lake water quality in the Lough Leane and Lough Feeagh
    catchments.

Man that's quality.. :D You should have that as your signature instead of all that Compu-sh**e.. :p

Yeah but it tends to scare people away :D (As for the picture :eek: )

Sig is handy as i usually post in the comp forum. Just begun to explore in the last few weeks!!!! :D

A few of my mates are in math's soc. It good enough if thats your thing. the get guest speakers in and the like. It also gets you access to the unix computers in the math department, if i recall correctly(ask about it) which basically means internet surfing and downloading without being watched. As for physic soc. They seem to do anything remotely related to physics, including designing and building rocket (though they weren't allowed us them)

Btw what out for Prof colmen. Legend of a guy from cavan, no bull****. Best lecturer I had all year. You'll hate and love him in equal messure.

Crash it is a BA but you'll be an engineer. It's complicated. You can become a member of the IEI with it and the like. You do allot of the stuff we would do in computer eng. without as much maths and science, and a damn site more programming and a robitics modual.

pekelly you an engineer or a geography guy. Do yea no Mr graham (red hair).

Boston wrote:
    pekelly you an engineer or a geography guy. Do yea no Mr graham (red hair).

Afraid i'm a geographer who is dabbling in Comp Sci.....

pekelly wrote:
    Afraid i'm a geographer who is dabbling in Comp Sci.....

You use those nice black del pc's with the 21" monitors then. Us eng scum arn't ment to but we do... he he he.

Boston wrote:
    You use those nice black del pc's with the 21" monitors then. Us eng scum arn't ment to but we do... he he he.

Is that the CEEFS lab, u mean? I'm always kicking people out of that lab so i can give my courses....Not sure thay are 21in monitors are they? Never noticed....

pekelly wrote:
    Yeah but it tends to scare people away :D (As for the picture :eek: )

Yeah I know what u mean bout scarin peeps. People ask me what I'm studying right now I usually say something like "planets" or "lasers", never "molecular orbital theory of homo-nuclear diatomic molecules". People just go pure silent.. It's great sometimes if you really don't wanna talk to someone. Keep it in mind ;)

• Advertisement

Never been kicked out, and yea their big ass trinitron monitors, only about ten computers so you might mean another lab I haven't yet found. Those stairs though are a pain.

Advertisement