Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

I'd imagine Gustafson is absolutely sickened!

Aint no getting away from Rumble Johnson now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Johnson V Cariaso is new main event.

What a horrible anticlimax from an event i was looking forward to, id rather see Conor / Poirier or Cowboy / Alvarez as a main event. MM v Cariaso is a joke of a matchup in the first place but i was fine with it being co main of 177, as a main event its the weakest of a number show in a LONG time!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Jones is injured lads, fight with Cormier moved to Jan 3rd. Conor for main event?? They'll surely add a replacement fight, and I'd imagine Gustafson is absolutely sickened!

Ah FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭xtal191

Digitalism wrote: »
    Aint no getting away from Rumble Johnson now!!

They should have Gus vs Rumble as co main on Jan 3rd

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Aldo on The King
    “I see his words as a normal thing. He’s like a new Sonnen,” said Aldo as translated by Fernando Arbex for BE. “He’s building his name. He has just a few fights in the UFC and he’s trying to jump the line. He for sure has already done this, because he talks so much. He speaks very well, I think he’ll reach his goals very fast. About the belt, someday we’ll meet and then we’ll see who is who. “

• Advertisement

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Aldo on The King

Changed his tune a fair bit anyway from his last interview were he wasnt giving him the time of day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Barao looked as bad as dillashaw looked good in their last fight, there was hardly a basis for an immediate rematch, was this a rematch people wanted? I think Barao should have been made to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Dermighty wrote: »
    Barao looked as bad as dillashaw looked good in their last fight, there was hardly a basis for an immediate rematch, was this a rematch people wanted? I think Barao should have been made to wait.

Yeah I think he should have been made to wait but there is always an excitement of how the (former) champ will bounce back.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Dermighty wrote: »

I think Barao deserved it in the basis if his streak alone. Nobody else in the division stood out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Mellor wrote: »
    I think Barao deserved it in the basis if his streak alone. Nobody else in the division stood out.

Who do people think should get the next shot if dillashaw wins again then? Or if barao wins? Should its be a rematch again.

I just don't see where a line is drawn on all these rematches then.

• Advertisement

adamski8 wrote: »
    Who do people think should get the next shot if dillashaw wins again then? Or if barao wins? Should its be a rematch again.

I just don't see where a line is drawn on all these rematches then.

Assuncao and Faber are 3rd and 4th in the division imo.
    Assumcao beat TJ last year, that's an obvious one. Leads into the Alpha Make showdown. TJ vrs Faber

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Mellor wrote: »
    Assuncao and Faber are 3rd and 4th in the division imo.
    Assumcao beat TJ last year, that's an obvious one. Leads into the Alpha Make showdown. TJ vrs Faber

Well exactly, thats why i think assuncao should have gotten this fight and not a barao rematch. Or else faber a shot and let barao v assuncao be the next contender fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

So I'm hearing Cerronne vs Alvarez is co main but at the weekend they advertised Johnson vs Carioso and Mcgregor vs Poirier

Can anybody clarify?

smilerf wrote: »
    So I'm hearing Cerronne vs Alvarez is co main but at the weekend they advertised Johnson vs Carioso and Mcgregor vs Poirier

Can anybody clarify?
    Johnson vs Carioso is the main event
    Cerronne vs Alvarez is the co-main

Mcgregor vs Poirier was never the officially co-main. Everyone just made assumptions based on the promo work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

is mc gregor on the late late tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

zweton wrote: »
    is mc gregor on the late late tonight?

If he is, he's now just behind gay Byrne, pat kenny and tubs in appearances

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

So is his fight being shown on tv? Is it PPV? Can I purchase PPV if I just have the basic UPC package with Sky sports? Also, what time will the fight be shown at? It's coming from Las Vegas so would it be at about 5am?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

GiftofGab wrote: »
    So is his fight being shown on tv? Is it PPV? Can I purchase PPV if I just have the basic UPC package with Sky sports? Also, what time will the fight be shown at? It's coming from Las Vegas so would it be at about 5am?

On UPC you need the Setanta sports pack you could sign up for €1 recently but I'm not sure if that deal is still going. It will be broadcast on the channel BT Sports 1. Main card is expected to start at 3am.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

You can get the BT Sports channels added to your UPC subscription for about €17 a month. For that you get most UFC programming, all PPV shows, most fight nights etc & usually the TUF series.

Yes
    Not in the UK/Ireland
    Can add BT Sports to UPC, or Setanta
    Betwee 4 and 5am

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

On UPC you need the Setanta sports pack you could sign up for €1 recently but I'm not sure if that deal is still going. It will be broadcast on the channel BT Sports 1. Main card is expected to start at 3am.
    TherapyBoy wrote: »
    You can get the BT Sports channels added to your UPC subscription for about €17 a month. For that you get most UFC programming, all PPV shows, most fight nights etc & usually the TUF series.

Thanks guys, but I'm not really looking for a subscription deal or sign any contracts. Ideally just like to watch this on TV and willing to pay for it a once off fee.

It would just be nice to have a few lads for a few beers for this fight.

I think I'll just stream the rest of the UFC on my computer rather than pay for BT / Setanta sports.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Thanks guys, but I'm not really looking for a subscription deal or sign any contracts. Ideally just like to watch this on TV and willing to pay for it a once off fee.

It would just be nice to have a few lads for a few beers for this fight.

I think I'll just stream the rest of the UFC on my computer rather than pay for BT / Setanta sports.

Then just purchase the PPV on UFC.tv..?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Doesn't TV3 have a deal with UFC to show Conors fights ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Doesn't TV3 have a deal with UFC to show Conors fights ?

Yeah pretty sure itll be on 3e

• Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Yeah pretty sure itll be on 3e

Possible but it definitely won't be live Setanta have stated this.

Its not live on 3e, Setanta have exclusive rights. I'm guessing it'll be repeated on 3e the following night or something.

Nothing but good can come of this for Conor, hopefully he learns a thing or two from Khabib!

1495457_855906847767994_7865777308249454570_n.png?oh=4bac8ff39045af75fea75206d3c7e2cf&oe=5493C5D2&__gda__=1420130287_685ac52c1ea9d51085782656dd08fe5c

Thats interesting.
    Crazy 155 prospect reaches out to crazy 145 prospect. Hell breaks loose.
    Conor is known for studying techniques on his own and incorporating them. Imagine if Conor picks up some techniques and suplexes Peahead. The internet would go nuts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

What a pairing. Imagine those two lads out on the town in Vegas together. And if they do start training together, the rest of their respective divisions will start ****ting themselves :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement