Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Anybody know why my keyboard keeps resetting to default after rebooting or disconnecting the phone from the computer? Very annoying. Using the touchpal keyboard

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Hey guys,
    Just wondering what the best power saving app is?

Juice Defender or is there a better one?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Beekay wrote: »
    Anybody know why my keyboard keeps resetting to default after rebooting or disconnecting the phone from the computer? Very annoying. Using the touchpal keyboard

Maybe because the app is installed to the SD card and the card is "mounted" when plugged into the pc, so the phone cant read from it.... Happened with a weather widget/app on my phone before

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭jgbyr

jayteecork wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    Just wondering what the best power saving app is?

Juice Defender or is there a better one?

I use Green Power Premium. https://market.android.com/details?id=org.gpo.greenpower2&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsIm9yZy5ncG8uZ3JlZW5wb3dlcjIiXQ..

Find it very good. There is a free version if you want to give it a try. The paid one allows more control. I have found a big difference in the battery since I installed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Guys,

Anyone know a good app for increasing the volume on a Samsung Galaxy S2?

For music I use PowerAmp which has a PreAmp function allowing a significant boost in volume if needed (which I actually don't use) but when listening to movies (using the stock movie player) I could use some extra volume.

Appreciate any suggestions.

Ben

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

BenEadir wrote: »
    Guys,

Anyone know a good app for increasing the volume on a Samsung Galaxy S2?

For music I use PowerAmp which has a PreAmp function allowing a significant boost in volume if needed (which I actually don't use) but when listening to movies (using the stock movie player) I could use some extra volume.

Appreciate any suggestions.

Ben
    You listening on the speaker or via headphones? You could always get a pair of headphones with in-line volume control to give it a boost. Something like these. I have a pair of these and I can blast my ears off with them.

or you could get one of these, but I have no idea how well they work.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Noled is a free app that puts a message notification in the form of a very visible envelope picture on the sleeping screen of your phone when you've received a chat message, text or missed call while you phone is unattended. It's very handy if you have no led notification lights. Its also free!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭G1032

Noled is a free app that puts a message notification in the form of a very visible envelope picture on the sleeping screen of your phone when you've received a chat message, text or missed call while you phone is unattended. It's very handy if you have no led notification lights. Its also free!

Ya. I use NoLED too. Here are some themes if you'd like a change.
    I use Android Icons WVGA

Guys is there any way to install apps directly onto the Sd card without having to switch them over from the phone memory manually?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Lads, is there any app that allows me to transfer my music from my old phone instead of having to download it all again.? Using Winamp as the player.

• Advertisement

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Lads, is there any app that allows me to transfer my music from my old phone instead of having to download it all again.? Using Winamp as the player.

Why don't you just connect your old phone to your computer, take out all the music files, leave them on your computer, connect your new phone, transfer them over.

No need for an app.

Why don't you just connect your old phone to your computer, take out all the music files, leave them on your computer, connect your new phone, transfer them over.

No need for an app.

I know this sounds easy but Ive tried and not been able to figure out how to do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Guys is there any way to install apps directly onto the Sd card without having to switch them over from the phone memory manually?

there is if you are rooted. look at S2E on the market. also you'll need to partition your SD card to have a section that can be used as phone memory.

heading off now, but googling should find the relevant threads on xda etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

No need for an app.

I know this sounds easy but Ive tried and not been able to figure out how to do this.

Does your old phone have memory card take that out and use a card reader to acccess your files. You can pick them up for €2 in most pound shops as I still call them :)

What make is your old phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

No need for an app.

Does your old phone have memory card take that out and use a card reader to acccess your files. You can pick them up for €2 in most pound shops as I still call them :)

What make is your old phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Copy music onto computer in the same way you copied music onto phone.

Plug usb cable in, then click on "usb connected" in notifications, then click mount. A window should popup on the pc showing a new disk drive, just the same as if you plugged in a usb stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Finally, i can use this thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Finally, i can use this thread :)

What did you get dude??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

madmoe wrote: »
    What did you get dude??

Galaxy S, i had the Samsung Wave, even though it was a great phone, the lack of apps killed it for me :o

since getting my hands on the galaxy s II i have downloaded a fare few app so I will post my most used top 10.
    No Particular Order.

MP3 music download.
    Rainy days.
    Fot Mod soccer scores
    RTE news now
    Viber
    Cabbage
    Pulse
    Tune in radio
    Assistant Sam
    Hey Tell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

since getting my hands on the galaxy s II i have downloaded a fare few app so I will post my most used top 10.
    No Particular Order.

MP3 music download.
    Rainy days.
    Fot Mod soccer scores
    RTE news now
    Viber
    Cabbage
    Pulse
    Tune in radio
    Assistant Sam
    Hey Tell
    What is assistant sam ?Cant find it on android market.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

My keyboard of choice, SwiftKeyX is half price for the weekend.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.touchtype.swiftkey

They have a free version (1 month time limit) that you can try out to see if you like it first, so try it out and buy before Tuesday if you like it. :)

No Particular Order.

MP3 music download.
    Rainy days.
    Fot Mod soccer scores
    RTE news now
    Viber
    Cabbage
    Pulse
    Tune in radio
    Assistant Sam
    Hey Tell
    What is assistant sam ?Cant find it on android market.

You will find it under speaktoit assistant in the market. All those apps are free btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Any apps to increase the volume of mp3 playback?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Gotya is a brilliant app. If someone enters the screen unlock code wrong the front facing camera takes a picture and emails it straight away with a google maps location and all.
    Handy to find out who's trying to frape you or just be nosy. Also you might get a pic of some prick who robbed your phone

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Folks, I'm on Billpay with Three. You cannot view a list of the current month's calls. on My3, like you can with , say, Meteor.With Three you can use 50% of your monthly allocation of units (mins) to call UK. As you cannot view your calls, is there any android app that will monitor your calls and the length of them, so, if nothing else, you can manually add up the min & secs to guage if you are getting near your limit. I have had a look at some of the call log widgets on the market, but cannot find anything that does what I'm looking for.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Folks, I'm on Billpay with Three. You cannot view a list of the current month's calls. on My3, like you can with , say, Meteor.With Three you can use 50% of your monthly allocation of units (mins) to call UK. As you cannot view your calls, is there any android app that will monitor your calls and the length of them, so, if nothing else, you can manually add up the min & secs to guage if you are getting near your limit. I have had a look at some of the call log widgets on the market, but cannot find anything that does what I'm looking for.:(

Droidstats should do what you need.

Others I like at the moment:

Airdroid - still in Beta but very polished.

Shush! - really simple and so useful.

AppExtractor. Restores apps etc. from your ROM Manager backups.

Super Manager. File explorer, APK Manager etc. etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Just found this: Race of Champions.

I presume it'll only work on fairly high end devices but it's very addictive. Some problems loading the data file so it's mirrored here.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Colibri

Hey guys, are there any apps similar to Gotya but instead of taking a front camera photo, it logs the GPS position of the phone?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Colibri wrote: »
    Hey guys, are there any apps similar to Gotya but instead of taking a front camera photo, it logs the GPS position of the phone?
    Yeah gotya sends you the GPS location aswell sure.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement