Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

McGregor vs Aldo---December 12th **Main card 3am. Conor v Aldo approx 5am

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

Maybe we should create a separate thread for TUF finale?

Anyway -

"Good evening
    I want to extend my sincerest apology for the miscommunication regarding your tickets. We are offering to upgrade tickets to Gallery Seats at a rate of $75 per ticket.

The Gallery area is my personal favorite. The standing area is right behind the area you would be seated. The view may be obstructed depending on where the action may be taking place in the ring itself. Just to give you an idea, the venue itself is more wide than it is long so you will receive a decent view from above looking down onto the ring. Also, there are two bars right behind you which do offer some limited seating should you need to rest from standing.

If you would like to purchase upgraded seats I would be more than happy to assist you with doing so. Please provide the best contact number for me to reach you at and I will call you before I leave for the day.

I look forward to your reply. Thank you very much for your time and patience. Have a wonderful rest of your evening."

Can't decide whether to upgrade or not, on the one hand it's only another £50 but on the other hand I only am really going for the main card and don't care too much.

But I don't want to be stood behind some massive **** and not see anything.

Might just upgrade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

My view from gallery back row and everyone stands behind ye!

Hope it helps

but1er wrote: »
    My view from gallery back row and everyone stands behind ye!

Hope it helps

Wow.

Cheers

Deadst4r wrote: »
    Wow.

Cheers

Standing area bugged me but plenty of room around and great view as you can see

Why?

Rowdy?

I'm not sure whether to change from standing.

On the one hand I'm only turning up for the main card.

On the other hand I would actually like to see the fights.

I'm not sure if you know, but for the standing is there actually a few rows of people? How can you see downwards when someone is standing in front of you? Obviously standing at a gig is completely different as the stage is above you...I don't want to stare at the back of someones head for a couple of hours.

Thanks for the help!

Why?

Rowdy?

I seen one guy charging his phone and watching it on the two screens

This was Invicta btw I think there was 5 Irish at it 4 of my mates and andrew mcgratten

Remember the yanks dont drink so no rowdy fans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,556 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Looks like the tickets are all sold now for the Friday night gig.
    Is that arena only have 3800 capacity ?I thought they would have looked for somewhere bigger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Aljamin(sp) Sterling Vs Johnny Eduardo for the Thursday night announced

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭DK224

CQHOJwKUYAEG4AH.jpg

UFC have released the official UFC 194 poster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

Must've had that interim belt surgically removed from his shoulder, either that or they photoshopped him....right arm does look a bit unnatural lol

EDIT: I'm blind.....it's around his waist

Domating again madness

slightly off topic but we're all fight fans :) so reckon a few maybe interested if all goes well

there is a chance Spike O Sullivan is fighting Eubank junior on same day from London. IMO this would be a great way to start a day of fights, watching this about lunchtime before heading to MGM but does anyone, who has been in Vegas, know of a good sports bar or Irish bar that would show the fight?

IF it happens it is on a ppv card, not the headliner so some would any of the US tv stations get it or can the do any bars out there stream fights ? :D

I'm gonna put it here as it might get more notice.
    I have 2 spare tickets to TUF Finale.They are e-tickets so there is an option to "send to a friend" so can just email them on and get paid via PayPal.
    I paid $336/€306.38 ,Section 202 .
    Anyone interested ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Anyone know if there's any truth in this rumour I heard that the reason Ryan Hall is coming over at the end of the month is because he's doing his camp for the TUF Final in SBG and they're bringing him in to help the Irish lads with their BJJ?

Would make sense with timing...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,493 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

First I've heard of it, but yeah it makes a lot of sense. Expecting the finale to be him vs. Thanh Lee so could well be on the cards. One thing is for sure, if the rumour IS true, is that Artem won't be in the finale.

Happy? :rolleyes:

ack f**k off lads to the tuf thread if you're not gonna put spoilers up

Some of us are not getting a chance to watch it all right away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭Chase3

martyos121 wrote: »
    First I've heard of it, but yeah it makes a lot of sense. Expecting the finale to be him vs. Thanh Lee so could well be on the cards. One thing is for sure, if the rumour IS true, is that Artem won't be in the finale.

The way McGregor's been talking, I really don't expect it to be two American guys in the Final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,603 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Anyone know if there's any truth in this rumour I heard that the reason Ryan Hall is coming over at the end of the month is because he's doing his camp for the TUF Final in SBG and they're bringing him in to help the Irish lads with their BJJ?

Would make sense with timing...?
    He's going over to SBG, but it's not necessarily for his TUF camp. It's not like he is stuck for a camp.
    He has trained at Mjolnir with Gunni recently too.

• Advertisement

I'd just been told he'd be around for a while training for his first ufc fight here. Could be nonsense, might just be a short term visit for an exchange type thing with JK. He does a few seminars, team sessions and private lessons with the SBG team and in return they give him some coaching on other stuff he wants to improve on?
    The latter is probably more likely but I do know he's not attached to any one team and tends to move around between different trainers because he likes learning different styles. Hence being in Montreal, Iceland and a few of the other well respected camps.

Devastator wrote: »
    ack f**k off lads to the tuf thread if you're not gonna put spoilers up

Some of us are not getting a chance to watch it all right away

The only thing that's been spoiled was the very first house fight, if you haven't seen that by now, it's your own fault.

The only thing that's been spoiled was the very first house fight, if you haven't seen that by now, it's your own fault.

wise up trying to justify it and piss off to the correct thread instead of posting up potential spoilers....thats the reason for a specific thread with a warning!

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,603 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The latter is probably more likely but I do know he's not attached to any one team...
    He fights out of Tristar

wise up trying to justify it and piss off to the correct thread instead of posting up potential spoilers....thats the reason for a specific thread with a warning!

:mad:

If you'd any interest in the show, you'd have seen the first two episodes. Stop looking for reasons to be pissed off at people, it's really sad tbh. And as a matter of fact, even though I said only two episodes were spoiled, nothing was actually spoiled, because nobody ever even said who's even fought yet, so the only reason you think it's a spoiler is if you have seen the first couple of episodes, and you know who's fought, so as I said, you must be looking for an argument.
    Cop on.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭ItsAnEasyGame

The more I look at this card the more excited I get. This is going to be sick!
    Added bonus of the card the night before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

From the charter:
    When discussing the results of TUF, stick to the official thread or, if in another thread, use spoiler tags for a period of 48hrs.

Lads, if it's more than 48hrs after the show airs then it's ok to talk about it. But do try to stick to the tuf thread where possible.

El Guapo! wrote: »
    From the charter:

Lads, if it's more than 48hrs after the show airs then it's ok to talk about it. But do try to stick to the tuf thread where possible.

Sorry about that, was asking in this thread because the insinuation was that he was coming in to train with sbg and also to train with Conor and Gunni for their ufc 194 fights against Aldo and Maia.

Would anyone have any idea what time the main card will start for TUF finale on the Friday? Or what time the night might end? Even approximate would help. Cheers guys.

Would anyone have any idea what time the main card will start for TUF finale on the Friday? Or what time the night might end? Even approximate would help. Cheers guys.

Main card will more than likely start at around 7pm Vegas time, should be over by 10pm, maybe 10:30.

Main card will more than likely start at around 7pm Vegas time, should be over by 10pm, maybe 10:30.

Cheers for this, I have absolutely no estimation so that helps.

• Advertisement

Cheers for this, I have absolutely no estimation so that helps.

Just don't take this info as a given, I'm going by when most Vegas events start, things change, so keep an eye out in the meantime.

Still have 2 tickets to the TUF final ,if anyone is interested.

Yeah I was basically trying to decided whether i could go to Joe Rogan or not. Doors for his event is 9pm on the Friday and I have a ticket for TUF.

I don't think I'll make it. Latest he would be on is 10pm and by the time I travel over to the MGM grand it probably wouldn't be worth it.

Link for anyone that cares
    http://www.ticketmaster.com/joe-rogan-las-vegas-nevada-12-11-2015/event/2E004F4DC057388A?artistid=705292&majorcatid=10002&minorcatid=51

slightly off topic but we're all fight fans :) so reckon a few maybe interested if all goes well

there is a chance Spike O Sullivan is fighting Eubank junior on same day from London. IMO this would be a great way to start a day of fights, watching this about lunchtime before heading to MGM but does anyone, who has been in Vegas, know of a good sports bar or Irish bar that would show the fight?

IF it happens it is on a ppv card, not the headliner so some would any of the US tv stations get it or can the do any bars out there stream fights ? :D

Anyone? Spike won at the weekend(KO rd 2) and I think the fight with eubank has basically been agreed, just needs signed.
    Its on the Joshua card if it goes ahead.
    Yeah I was basically trying to decided whether i could go to Joe Rogan or not. Doors for his event is 9pm on the Friday and I have a ticket for TUF.

I don't think I'll make it. Latest he would be on is 10pm and by the time I travel over to the MGM grand it probably wouldn't be worth it.

Link for anyone that cares
    http://www.ticketmaster.com/joe-rogan-las-vegas-nevada-12-11-2015/event/2E004F4DC057388A?artistid=705292&majorcatid=10002&minorcatid=51

f**k yeah I cares :D thanks man, I hadn't heard about this but as I said way earlier in thread I was holding off for tuf because I was holding to see a Joe Rogan standup. Getting ticket now...bit pricey but so is everything else this trip!

edit - for anyone thinking of going to Joe Rogan the tickets cost about $15 more than face value through various taxes! Also tickets in center block cost a bit more so check out the blocks at sides. I got ticket 4 rows from front(could have got closer but through experience of comedy nights I don't want to sit too near the front to get picked on lol) on the aisle on 1 of the side blocks, going to cost about £50 after taxes,exchanges rates, bank fee for foreign transaction

• Registered Users Posts: 18 kevinseymour

Guys I'm selling a ticket to ufc 194 if anyone is interested Pm me for the details!

my friend might have a set of 2 tickets as well if anyone needs them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Northcutt added to the Thursday night card

Is it a co main?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Is it a co main?

Nope that's Jim Miller V Chiesa

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

I don't land til 8pm thurs. Sure I suppose I'll catch the vines on twitter on the way to the hotel

• Advertisement

I don't land til 8pm thurs. Sure I suppose I'll catch the vines on twitter on the way to the hotel

Same. I land at 8.17 apparently I think.

Same flight from New York?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

ASOT wrote: »
    Northcutt added to the Thursday night card

As if there wasn't enough stuff linking him to Paige VanZant

But if them two got together it would be some super good looking athletic children

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

As if there wasn't enough stuff linking him to Paige VanZant

But if them two got together it would be some super good looking athletic children

Good looking athletic cnuty children

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

ASOT wrote: »
    Nope that's Jim Miller V Chiesa

Looks like it is a co-main which is very surprising.

I don't land till after 11pm on the Thursday, hope the plane from Dallas has wifi!

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭ItsAnEasyGame

Land at 18.32 with BA through Philly.

Will prob just sports bar this event.

Same. I land at 8.17 apparently I think.

Same flight from New York?

Flying with UA from Newark. says 8.09pm arrival but might be same flight

There may be some craic in the bars at these airport layovers.

• Advertisement

There may be some craic in the bars at these airport layovers.

Oh the craic will me be mighty alright!

Anyone else on the Dublin-London flight at 10:15 AM on the Thursday? :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement