Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Closed V 2.0 [Mod note post 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

xsiborg wrote: »
    its a shame because he must only be there less than a year and i remember passing by the place every day when i used be going to and from work when he was setting it up and he must have poured a fortune into the place, as well as doing a lot of the work himself, like laying the floors, etc.

A lot less than you might think. I did some business there and I was there during the renovation and after. The original furniture all stayed except for the new Cafe side of it which was new. The equipment was all the same.

I do think though he had a good business idea as such. Family where both the farmers and the butchers and he was the restaurateur. It could have been so good but it just didn't work.

It wasn't the location either. Other restaurants had failed in better locations. One major negative was the clamping. Numerous customers of his were clamped whilst inside having dinner. If you were clamped, rightly or wrongly, would you recommend it to anybody?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

Beer Baron wrote: »
    A lot less than you might think. I did some business there and I was there during the renovation and after. The original furniture all stayed except for the new Cafe side of it which was new. The equipment was all the same.

well i have to be honest BB i know fannyadams about fitting out a shop or the costs, i know he kept the seats alright from when it was the indian but that flooring couldn't have been cheap? i think you were involved in the SPAR renovation that time aswel, i remember you were saying something about the ceiling work? well he's only gone and put seats back inside again now, so its an even more uncomfortable squeezethrough between the deli and the tables! :(
    It wasn't the location either. Other restaurants had failed in better locations. One major negative was the clamping. Numerous customers of his were clamped whilst inside having dinner. If you were clamped, rightly or wrongly, would you recommend it to anybody?

absolutely true, the clampers down here are viscious, often meet him out on patrol, totally agree with you there, but i thought Docklands validated parking? i dunno, never had to use it, but myself im always conscious when i have customers dropping stuff off to not keep them too long and remind them before they call that clamping is VERY MUCH in operation! at least that's one business that seems to be doing well! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

Dam it. I have an unused living social voucher for the docklands steakhouse. I suppose its dead and buried now. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

Dam it. I have an unused living social voucher for the docklands steakhouse. I suppose its dead and buried now. :mad:

We had the same, got in contact with them and they refunded.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

source wrote: »

Sorry I know its off topic but did you go to living social about this or the restaurant? I've tried to contact the restaurant last week. Eventually got answered by a foreign woman who denyed it was the restaurants number and shouted at me not to ring again. Was going to post on here at the time but never got to it. Not good enough really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭yogalady

source wrote: »

Should i contact Living social deals or restaurant?
    Thanks

yogalady wrote: »
    Should i contact Living social deals or restaurant?
    Thanks

Your contract/agreement is with Living Social.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

Yeah get onto Living social.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭yogalady

Thanks. I just emailed them

• Registered Users Posts: 23,715 ✭✭✭✭phog

I do think though he had a good business idea as such. Family where both the farmers and the butchers and he was the restaurateur. It could have been so good but it just didn't work.

There's a carpark around the corner from the premises and the on street parking is clearly marked about clamping. BTW, if numerous customers were clamped he should surely have some way to notify customers before they sat down for a meal about the clamping.

The location wasn't great, no great footfall on that street and was off the beaten track for passerbys unless you were caling to the Clarion and the street was a bit dark too which probably didn't help. Not being able to take a credit card was a big no no for me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

Numerous customers of his were clamped whilst inside having dinner. If you were clamped, rightly or wrongly, would you recommend it to anybody?

i checked this BB as i was passing by the restaurant this morning- if they missed the A4 page sized notice in the entrance door that says "FREE PARKING FOR ALL OUR CUSTOMERS", then they deserved to get clamped! (never thought i'd hear myself saying that!), but seriously- specsavers! ;)

xsiborg wrote: »
    i checked this BB as i was passing by the restaurant this morning- if they missed the A4 page sized notice in the entrance door that says "FREE PARKING FOR ALL OUR CUSTOMERS", then they deserved to get clamped! (never thought i'd hear myself saying that!), but seriously- specsavers! ;)

The problem was the restaurant in the early days were giving out compliment slips with the clampers company details on it for their dashboards. The clampers clamped them anyway and said "that's not a ticket". :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Foleys pub is closed but being handed over to new management the guy running it has upped sticks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭sioda

bigpink wrote: »
    Foleys pub is closed but being handed over to new management the guy running it has upped sticks
    Really suprised there a lot of work went into it recently not a good run for the owner tbh

Yeah, saw a sign saying "Open at 3pm", passed at 4pm and sign said "Open at 5pm". That is a shame it is changing hands again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Passed by the interiors shop by Colbert Station a few days ago, it's up for sale.

CiaranMT wrote: »
    Passed by the interiors shop by Colbert Station a few days ago, it's up for sale.

Gone for a while now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,826 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

They've relocated to the The Crescent in town afaik.

Scraggs shop to of William street is gone

Not surprising tbh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

sioda wrote: »
    Scraggs shop to of William street is gone

Where abouts on William street was that shop?

Corner of Wickham street used to be a bakery

• Registered Users Posts: 15 wanderlust1

Topshop in the Crescent is closing down pretty soon. Their lease is up apparently.

I'm in university in Cork and I have to admit, when I visit home, it genuinely makes me so sad and angry to see the state of the city and the amount of boarded up storefronts. All that's taking their place are discount stores and pop up shops. The difference between Limerick, a city that has so much potential culturally and Cork is phenomenal. I'm graduating next year and couldn't see myself moving home for a long time. Not even just because of the lack of jobs there, but the atmosphere in the city. It seems so... defeated.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭ABEasy

Nothing to see here..

(moving premises not closing)

ABEasy wrote: »
    Hairdresser on upper gerald griffin street closed. Think it's called favorit!

What?

They just sold 180 vouchers on one of the deal pages about 2-3 days ago. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

House of Solo on Ellen St is gone.

At least it looked gone, shutters down mid-day and "To Let" sign on the wall.

Itsdacraic wrote: »

Some personal problem according to their Facebook page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

Topshop in the Crescent is closing down pretty soon. Their lease is up apparently.

I'm in university in Cork and I have to admit, when I visit home, it genuinely makes me so sad and angry to see the state of the city and the amount of boarded up storefronts. All that's taking their place are discount stores and pop up shops. The difference between Limerick, a city that has so much potential culturally and Cork is phenomenal. I'm graduating next year and couldn't see myself moving home for a long time. Not even just because of the lack of jobs there, but the atmosphere in the city. It seems so... defeated.. :(

Told ye so: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=74958903&postcount=1107

Uhh, I completely agree. It's so bad here compared to any other city in Ireland. There's no bustle at all.

Bargain books on Thomas Street is closing down!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Itsdacraic wrote: »

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :(

Advertisement