Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA Sports UFC 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,352 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Definitely a boxer at least if you look at the height of the shorts and the belt.

As long as it's not James Toney. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

First thing i thought of was it looked like Ali but thought if they were going that route, then more likely Tyson. Would be epic if you could pick James Toney. The saddest thing is he'd still deserve a shot on the roster over CM Punk.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    First thing i thought of was it looked like Ali but thought if they were going that route, then more likely Tyson. Would be epic if you could pick James Toney. The saddest thing is he'd still deserve a shot on the roster over CM Punk.

To be honest, there's a lot of guys in this forum who deserve a shot before CM Punk.

Hope it's Tyson myself though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Didn't buy last UFC game as I don't have PS4 but this is gonna be hard not invest

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Didnt expect this to be out so soon, can not wait! Still playing the first one regularly online. Graphics look pretty much the same (not a bad thing) , some minor changes to some of the fighters in the trailer to reflect how they currently look, jones facial hair looks different to before, Ronda looks slightly different, Conor looks less like himself than in the first one, but in static shots he looks like he does now so it might be just the physics on his hair when hes doing kicks etc that makes him look odd.

Looks like they have put a lot more work into other aspects of the fighting, looks like the fighters have entrances (rolling into the cage in the clip), some of the new grapples and transitions but theres also some of the same animations from before, seen Anderson Silva waving on the other fighter which was in the last one. I didnt have a lot of gripes with the first game, thought it was a really solid first collaboration so if they improved the career mode which was the weakest part and made the gameplay more dynamic and added some new move sets and basically made it less turn based fighting and more spontaneous then I think ill be very happy. Also big fan of Ultimate Team in FIFA so looking forward to that whole added concept in this. Last but not least, looking forward to boxing the heads of ye :pac:

As for the mystery fighter im 100% sure its Tyson, hes a big fan and always at events and looking at the silhouette its styled on him from when he was in his prime and had hair!

865ed63b9f3a056e4c7611e9f1e90e3b.jpg

• Advertisement

Some amount of dopes on the official forum giving out about the trailer -Striking looks awful, recycled animations, unrealistic moves, etc. A dev is replying to them but don't think he should. Anyway he said of course they have recycled animations unless they found something wrong with one. They said if they were to create all new animations for each entry, it would take a lot longer to put out and now since they have a base of animations to use, they can concentrate on putting more into the game.

He also said for people complaining about GnP being weak in UFC 1, you can see an example of how devastating it can be when Luke is throwing bombs into Weidman while he is holding block but the punches are still getting through.

Nice vid here slowing down some of the action. The grappling looks so much more fluid and standing subs are awesome. I'd say the SW's will be a lot of fun to use, just hope Ais makes it in.

I spotted the O2 Arena is in it while Conor is doing his swagger and then I just remembered it's the 3 arena now. Man, how class would it be to be able to fight in Dublin. The Irish flags waving, everyone singing and beer cups thrown into the Octagon.

373867.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Probably the O2, London.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Man, how class would it be to be able to fight in Dublin. The Irish flags waving, everyone singing and beer cups thrown into the Octagon.

Would be class but would worry they wouldn't get the beer cup physics engine right :D

Apparently HUGE news coming on the 9th Jan if you own a copy of UFC 1............................................and if you live in North America.

This sounds like an update for the 1st game that will give you access to a beta for a new one. Just a guess, not sure if that would even work but what else could NA owners of ufc 1 be getting.

Hopefully just having a US account on your console works for whatever it is.

• Advertisement

Hopefully just having a US account on your console works for whatever it is.

Thats Beauuuutiful Artem (i mean sheehy), yeahhhh! Would imagine that having a digial version bought on a US account would work, but might be lucky enough that just having a US account will do the trick. Hopefully its a beta version like you said as id imagine they will drop a demo for everyone a few days before it gets released. Will be all over it whichever it is!

If it is a beta and we can't get it I'll go absolute buck ape........on twitter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Lads wtf is beta? can you explain the lasts few posts in english please :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Gamebred wrote: »

I beta is a preview of a game essentially, a demo basically.

It's essentially a demo given out to the public by the developers to get opinions and feedback on bugs, glitches and how to improve the game. It's not just used for games either, most kinds of computer software can make use of a beta to improve the final product.

Early access to a test version of the game. Limited set of fighters etc so he devs can get feedback and check for bugs in the game. Let people play it for a bit and see what breaks.

A beta would make sense as well as the game director said the Tommy Toe Hold vids showing the glitches were a thorn in their side and most of the clips (including mine) were from the demo or pre patches.

I think the new ko physics will cause even funnier animations.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

A beta would make sense as well as the game director said the Tommy Toe Hold vids showing the glitches were a thorn in their side and most of the clips (including mine) were from the demo or pre patches.

I think the new ko physics will cause even funnier animations.

More than likely. Happened with Fifa when they brought in the physics engine.

Apparently someone in the know said the beta was region locked to America but then deleted the tweet.

I managed to get the Dark Souls 3 beta working even though it said it was only for US and Japan. I spose you would have to get picked first anyway and then see if a US account would work.

I spose you would have to get picked first anyway and then see if a US account would work.

If they said that it was an announcement for people with UFC 1 then that suggests maybe you dont get selected and its just an open beta for those that still have the first game?

• Advertisement

Axwell wrote: »
    If they said that it was an announcement for people with UFC 1 then that suggests maybe you dont get selected and its just an open beta for those that still have the first game?

Well that would be half the battle won, if all it took was owning the 1st game and having a US account we'd be laughing! Guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Would be hilarious if UFC found a way to ban anyone in the state of New York from playing it, imposing their own ban so to speak just for ****s and giggles..:D

Would be hilarious if UFC found a way to ban anyone in the state of New York from playing it, imposing their own ban so to speak just for ****s and giggles..:D

Thought that for a second as well, imagine if NYC shops couldn't stock the game, they'd be going across the bridge to New Jersey to get it and when they put the disc into their console at home they're greeted by a geoblock and this image:

dana.gif

March 15th NA release date, 17th for the rest of the world.

Love when a release date isn't 6 months away from the announcement, EA may be a rotten company but as far as the UFC team goes, they just get everything right IMO.

Any update on the big announcement?

Nadda, looks like EA lied to us. Delete that post Marty, EA are the devil :D

Looks like the 9th thing was just to have signed up for the newsletter by today, dunno why though. Still might here something tonight.

Gas tweet from Uriah Hall

U R I A H H A L L Verified account ‏@UriahHallMMA

Honestly bro the last game suck so bad I don't mind if I'm not in this

Word On The Street EASPORTSUFCKelvinGastelumUriahHallMMA are in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Hello haterz

12400870_957456610958862_7102147970576895340_n.jpg?oh=03d367905ac51d88590c23da64076851&oe=570810EA&__gda__=1460175195_287feefd34090aebccf697261a19d442

Don't care about about that noob, mad to see what will be in the trailer though.

• Advertisement

Any update on the big announcement?

Did we all just get Frankie Edgared or have I missed the big announcement?

Advertisement