Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA Sports UFC 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    That seems a bit soon?

Not soon enough as far as I'm concerned:P

• Registered Users Posts: 29,502 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I hope it's not much longer than that, especially after reading the first official hands on by MMAJunkie

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/12/mmajunkie-goes-hands-on-with-ea-ufc-2-a-vastly-improved-gaming-experience

• Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I hope it's not much longer than that, especially after reading the first official hands on by MMAJunkie

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/12/mmajunkie-goes-hands-on-with-ea-ufc-2-a-vastly-improved-gaming-experience

Very promising. Once the ground game is sorted to a degree I'm happy. I know some people didn't like thag striking in the last game but I found it good. That and move sets actually, if those are sorted I'll be a happy bunny. Can't wait to KO people with Irish Joe :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

The striking was one of the best aspects. Its also the first MMA game were the Jab was actually a useful weapon.

For me all they need to do is add more to the career mode. It just felt really flat near the end of your fighter's career. The online was perfect and ran flawlessly without any input lag.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    The striking was one of the best aspects. Its also the first MMA game were the Jab was actually a useful weapon.

For me all they need to do is add more to the career mode. It just felt really flat near the end of your fighter's career. The online was perfect and ran flawlessly without any input lag.

I actually hope you don't start out in the ufc through fuf in career mode, well maybe not every time.

I'd love if you started out in some fake organisation, and had to work your way up to the ufc.

It also took way too long to get up the rankings, I think I was 19-0 with 19 finishes before I got a title shot.

• Advertisement

I actually hope you don't start out in the ufc through fuf in career mode, well maybe not every time.

I'd love if you started out in some fake organisation, and had to work your way up to the ufc.

It also took way too long to get up the rankings, I think I was 19-0 with 19 finishes before I got a title shot.

That's how it was done in EA MMA.
    You had a choice of 3 organisations before you moved too Strikeforce.

Yeah that was class, 1 US org fighting in a cage with UFC rules and the other org in Japan fighting in a squared ring with Pride rules.

CM Punk has been confirmed and people going crazy what his stats will be. He will be debuting in the game before his actually mma debut, it's a joke. He should be added via free dlc once he has his first fight.

Yeah that was class, 1 US org fighting in a cage with UFC rules and the other org in Japan fighting in a squared ring with Pride rules.

CM Punk has been confirmed and people going crazy what his stats will be. He will be debuting in the game before his actually mma debut, it's a joke. He should be added via free dlc once he has his first fight.

It'd be cool if he started with super low stats but everytime you fought with him you could level him up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Bruce Lee was in the last game. People would wanna get over it.

A new interview with a few tads of new info.

http://gamingbolt.com/ea-sports-ufc-2-interview-round-two-of-current-gen-mma

Career mode info:
    Brian Hayes: Basically, everything that happens between receiving a Fight Offer and stepping inside the octagon for your fight has been overhauled. Players can now receive multiple opponents to choose from for their next fight. That can affect how long they have to train and obviously what type of opponent they are training for. Then the Training Camp system is entirely new. It incorporates the concepts camp quality (did you have a good camp a bad camp), training intensity (are you training hard or taking it easy), and the potential for training injuries or general wear and tear on your fighter’s ratings. We also added a new feature we’re calling “The Fight Game” which will throw you a curveball once in a while and can make your training camp tougher or easier. There is also a “boss battle” system when you finally match up against the big names in your division like Jose Aldo or Conor McGregor. In short, there are a lot of new features and challenges!

• Advertisement

It's (almost) Tiiiiiiiiiimmmmeeee

Check out @EASPORTSUFC's Tweet: https://twitter.com/EASPORTSUFC/status/684134074491998210?s=09

• Registered Users Posts: 21,349 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

It's (almost) Tiiiiiiiiiimmmmeeee

Check out @EASPORTSUFC's Tweet: https://twitter.com/EASPORTSUFC/status/684134074491998210?s=09

What a ridiculous picture.

Mighty Mouse never takes any damage! :cool:

Can't wait for the trailer though, I'm expecting the release date to tie in with UFC New York if that goes ahead.

Was thinking the exact same about DJ, such an unrealistic pic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Looks more like Kimbo Slice than DJ

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Looks more like Kimbo Slice than DJ

The footage/pics of fighters to date doesn't really fill me with confidence about the graphics, look to have taken a step back.

maximoose wrote: »
    The footage/pics of fighters to date doesn't really fill me with confidence about the graphics, look to have taken a step back.

The devs said they haven't done much with the graphics, just improved the lighting and sharpened the graphics up. I just hope they fix McGregor as he looked nothing like him compared to UFC 1. Dunno how they could make fighters look worse, just hope it was a rush job to get a vid out for their fight and they have worked on him since.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

maximoose wrote: »

Aslong as game play takes a massive step forward it would be an OK compromise.

I can't wait to mess around with the ground game, the dev said he thinks some of his chuck/rich gifs will make it in as actual gameplay today. It's class to see how both fighters moving at the same time can open up different moves.

Also it's been confirmed thAT THE ko MODE (Standup Only) is only going to be for offline which means no KO scraps on here. Probably for the best to get people playing the proper game online but would have been a laugh at the same time.

Ayu2wq9.gif

BOOM!

Preorder to get early acces to Bas Rutten, Sakuraba and a Mystery Fighter yet to be announced - Relase Date 15th March

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

BOOM!

Preorder to get early acces to Bas Rutten,

Does he come pre equipped with patented kicksh to the liversh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

The mid-air collisions look absolutely badass

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Does he come pre equipped with patented kicksh to the liversh?

Looks like that's the first thing he does in the vid but maybe the wrong side for the liver?
    Pudsy33 wrote: »
    The mid-air collisions look absolutely badass

Yupp, the new KO physics where anyone can get knocked out anywhere and no KO animations, just pure physics, means there should be some class KO's but I'd say there will also be some funny looking ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Cannot wait!!!! Fingers crossed the career mode is a bit less of a slog, wont hold my breath tho

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Trailer made up entirely of cut scenes,zero actual gameplay:(

JJayoo wrote: »

That is actual gameplay just at a more dramatic camera angle to make a better trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

That is actual gameplay just at a more dramatic camera angle to make a better trailer.

:eek:

I'm guessing the mystery fighter is Tyson??

updated-ufc-pre-order-header.jpg

JJayoo wrote: »

Its 100% gameplay but its been cut and edited in different viewing angles.

A bit like going into free cam in FIFA.

I'm guessing the mystery fighter is Tyson??

updated-ufc-pre-order-header.jpg

Most likely Tyson.

... But the silhouette has a big melon headed Rampage look :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

That silhouette looks like Ali.

Advertisement