Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭EmptyWithMe

So I had a meeting with our school's career guidance teacher. Went in there with my mind fully made up.

Half an hour later I'm confused and frustrated andand I don't know what to do now. :(

FML I had a hard enough time picking what I wanted to do in the first place..

This happen to anyone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭jenny18

So I had a meeting with our school's career guidance teacher. Went in there with my mind fully made up.

Half an hour later I'm confused and frustrated andand I don't know what to do now. :(

FML I had a hard enough time picking what I wanted to do in the first place..

This happen to anyone else?

up until just before 6th year i was set on law been researching it since first year. at higher options i wanted to go in to stem cell research so genetics course. now repeating with aim of doing medicine I don't think anyone ever knows what they want to do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Our "career" guidance teacher always stresses that you cannot see into the future. You may have interests now, but whats to say you won't like something else in 2017? Our career talks last year were based on that assumption. One past pupil had loved English and creative writing and went on to study History in TCD. He's now a Computing engineer (or something like that) working specifically in broadband development, quite a contrast.

Me personally, I'm going on what I'm interested in at the moment. I want to do Law, thats not to say I don't want to do jam making in letterkenny, but its all I have to go on right now.

I'm thinking about Social Care now. One thing I've noticed is like, whenever we have talks about college choices or whatever, we've never actually been told that we can change our minds after the first year or two.

I think people forget about that when they're thinking about courses. It seems a lot less scary when someone tells you that you can change again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

You can change? This is new information?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

Looks like I'll be doing Liberal Arts in Mary I. 390 points last year, not too bad. It's only September but I can't wait to finish this year...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

13spanner wrote: »
    Looks like I'll be doing Liberal Arts in Mary I. 390 points last year, not too bad. It's only September but I can't wait to finish this year...

been the longest 3 weeks in school ever so far! 37 to go. ;)

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

But only one hundred days to Christmas \o/ And, um, one hour and fifteen minutes until I'm 18 :D

But who's counting

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Schonie

Namlub wrote: »
    But only one hundred days to Christmas \o/ And, um, one hour and fifteen minutes until I'm 18 :D

But who's counting

Happy birthday!:p
    I'm excited about christmas but at the same time its like...i dunno...hpat, mocks and then leaving cert after christmas yknow..:rolleyes:

Chuchoter wrote: »
    You can change? This is new information?
    Yeah, of course you can. A few years ago my brother changed from an ITS course to a game design thing. Now he's working for Blizzard Entertainment in California. :rolleyes:
    ir
    Schonie wrote: »
    I'm excited about christmas but at the same time its like...i dunno...hpat, mocks and then leaving cert after christmas yknow..:rolleyes:
    That's scary..It's almost October already like!

Is anyone thinking about taking a gap year, by the way?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

donvito99 wrote: »
    Good for you:), I did work experience in a hospital which I won't name, but the midwifes (who talked to us sometimes) were amazing people, not only professionally but just as people.

I'd say they alone make childbirth about a million times easier...(as if I'd know):cool:

Yeah I did work experience in a hospital too... Yeah the thing I like about midwifery is you're probably closer to your patients than other nurses, you're with them for 9 months like! Plus the mammys prefer them to the doctors :P (so my mother says :rolleyes: ) my middle name was picked after my midwife, because dad thought she was great :L

Namlub wrote: »

But who's counting

Happy birthday!! Don't celebrate to hard ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Happy Birthday Namlub! :)

I missed my first day this year yesterday, I'm worried that I might have missed something in maths and won't be able to get back into things! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

M&S* wrote: »
    Happy Birthday Namlub! :)

I missed my first day this year yesterday, I'm worried that I might have missed something in maths and won't be able to get back into things! :(

A guy in my maths class was out for the first two and a half weeks with tonsillitis, missing all of the basics of integration; he spent Thursday lunch-time with our teacher and is now pretty much up to speed. I doubt you'll be too far behind :)

I'm too lazy to be a 6th year. :pac:

Do y'think like, knowing you can get the points you need without that much work make you lazy?
    I mean, I'm not going for 450+ here..

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭icedtea

Been longest September ever, need to finih this year.....

icedtea wrote: »
    Been longest September ever, need to finih this year.....

Haha and I thought it was only me who thought it was going slow :P

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

I like how it's going so slowly, it makes it seem like the exams are ages away :) if it was going quickly i'd be terrified! :pac:

This September is flying by!;) well, I guess its all relative anyways (LC Physics for ya!)

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

I think this month is flying!

• Advertisement

Oh, and seeing as this is an off topic thread;

UP THE DUBS!!!!

....carry on

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

Mayo_Boy wrote: »
    I think this month is flying!

It really is...debs fundraiser planning has begun! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭RML

way excited for debs this year..:p

The Debs - glad I'm not on that committee

I haven't done any work since Thursday! :eek::mad:

Our debs committee haven't even met up this year. I should know, I'm on it. Everyone else is really like, laid back about it. It's annoying. :( Am I the only one who knows it's going to cost a fortune?!

Anyway, September's weird. The weeks are flying but the weekends are nice and slow. :)

... We haven't even gotten a debs committee yet... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Our debs were last Thursday :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

Got the letters about the vacine :(

• Advertisement

Got the letters about the vacine :(
    Getting mine Thursday. :(

Its not sore at all tbh, the dramatics people were going on with today :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

Getting mine Thursday. :(

Oh I'm dreading it.
    Its not sore at all tbh, the dramatics people were going on with today

My sister was really sore after it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Its not sore at all tbh, the dramatics people were going on with today :rolleyes:
    First years were absolutely freaking out, lawds. Most of us were fine with it but there's always one that goes on facebook straight after talking about how it's the "soooooorest thing ever!1!' I pity her during childbirth...

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

No, its not sore! But i had an annoyingly numb arm for the rest of the day :( and it was my writing hand!

I'm the worst time keeper ever! June can't come quicker!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I'm the worst time keeper ever! June can't come quicker!

But it is June?

But it is June?

I actually had to think about it for a moment! :pac:

Why did I ever think having a secret relationship in school was going to be a good idea? I'm an idiot :(

Why did I ever think having a secret relationship in school was going to be a good idea? I'm an idiot :(

Secret relationship? Do tell!

Secret relationship? Do tell!

Effectively, I have a girlfriend and I'm also a girl and we're in a very homophobic school. All my friends hate eachother, so gf won't hang around with us so I can never touch her or in fact talk to her at all, and thats making me miserable but she puts in no effort to come find me even though I'm always chasing around after her. Secret relationships are much less fun than you'd expect

• Advertisement

Homophobia is ridiculous these days! I've seen so many people leave my school because of it! Hope things get better for you Chuchoter!

I'd like to say it was all down to homophobia, to be honest I mostly just feel like she couldn't give a damn whether I come in or not. :(

Move to my school, it's not homophobic :) but you might get mauled by some boys who want a threesome :rolleyes:
    Seriously though, suckish situation and I hope it'll work out soon. :/

I'd like to say it was all down to homophobia, to be honest I mostly just feel like she couldn't give a damn whether I come in or not. :(

If she's not putting in the effort then why should you? :/ you seem too good for her. Sorry if that was a bit blunt :P

I don't know, because I really like her and I know I can be too needy. I haven't exactly been the best craic in the last few weeks either.

I don't know, because I really like her and I know I can be too needy. I haven't exactly been the best craic in the last few weeks either.

Leaving cert is a b1tch for relationships tbh. I have a boyfriend, and I've already had to cancel things on him because of the sheer amount of work I had :/ He's in college though so we'll see how it goes. You don't know how much of a struggle it's been with him and things have finally started to be grand, so i'll be damned if it ends because of exams :L god my life is like a crappy rom com :P :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭jenny18

i hate homophobic people my school definitely isn't though its got to a stage were i think its just fashionable to be here random. im repeating with my boyfriend and 1 other girl in my year so we have to stick together and it got to a point were i sat in class next to him trying not to hit him with a book he's clingy. but when i had a little space from him and he realised i needed some free time it got way better. try it with your girlfriend. I know leaving certs really hard on a relationship but if you remember everyones going to be stressed and need free time then its the best way to get through it.

Exams definitely come first! Obviously it's great if you can do both but I think these things shouldn't come in the way of school of study.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Siobhnk wrote: »
    Leaving cert is a b1tch for relationships tbh. I have a boyfriend, and I've already had to cancel things on him because of the sheer amount of work I had :/ He's in college though so we'll see how it goes. You don't know how much of a struggle it's been with him and things have finally started to be grand, so i'll be damned if it ends because of exams :L god my life is like a crappy rom com :P :rolleyes:

Jaysus. Just starting a relationship with a girl in college now. Determined to make time though (Done homework in her gaff a few times and stuff) Got so much **** goin on outside school I can't focus. Doin alri in me tests though and trying to do my homework as well as possible and stuff.

But anyways off topic....who's voted for their school captain yet? :cool:

Being a big queer myself, it's lovely to see how accepting my fellow Leaving Certers are :D Muchos love to you all!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement