Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

positron wrote: »
    Days are getting shorter and Halfords have Layzene Strip Drive Pro 300 tail light is €33.50 (down from 50-55 at most other outlets)

According to reviews 3 hours running time with full 300 lumen output. Or various flashing modes with a single 300 lm pulse in between to extend the running time to 4.5 hours.
    Jeez! That's a horrible thing to do to your fellow cyclists! Imagine riding behind that. You'd end up blind...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭secman

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Jeez! That's a horrible thing to do to your fellow cyclists! Imagine riding behind that. You'd end up blind...

Up to 300 lumens, has numerous settings for night and day cycling, great piece of kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

cdaly_ wrote: »

Not half bright enough for Dublin taxi drivers, I have two rear lights (seatpost & helmet) I run year round but still experience occasional passes too close for comfort. After many years the switch on one of the lights is no longer functional so was going to replace it with the Smart Lunar R2 as find the AAA batteries convenient and at £16.50 it’s quite reasonable but this is now very tempting for the extra visibility.

Not yet convinced with the rubber bungee cord for repeated attachment to seat post as I usually remove the light when not cycling. It also does looks like the older model design versus that on Amazon and CRC which could explain the discount, as far as I can tell only difference is a narrowed field of view.

I was considering the Cycliq FLY6 on offer for €135 but not sure I’m prepared to spend that kind of money yet as would favour a front camera first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭py

Not yet convinced with the rubber bungee cord for repeated attachment to seat post as I usually remove the light when not cycling. It also does looks like the older model design versus that on Amazon and CRC which could explain the discount, as far as I can tell only difference is a narrowed field of view.

My cord on a similar lezyne light lasted about 2 years and it was easy enough to find a replacement online.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thejaguar

py wrote: »
    My cord on a similar lezyne light lasted about 2 years and it was easy enough to find a replacement online.

The cord broke on mine recently - never even considered looking online for a replacelment. I will now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Laundry_Hamper

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07HGTQBJR

Yellow insulated Podiums with the new valve for £5.81 a pop on Amazon at the mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭jlynch

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

jlynch wrote: »

Gone from Evans site and Amazon is twice the price. Great light if you get it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭jlynch

evans were selling them on amazon as a 3rd party seller. i bought through amazon on friday and the evans 3rd party option on amazon also went out of stock over the weekend.
    https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/CatEye-HL-EL471RC-Cycling-Lights-Reflectors/product/B01D9ROT02?active=summary&cpf[]=new

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

py wrote: »

The cord on my rear light snapped recently. I noticed one of the princess's had left a hair bobbin in the bathroom and tried it, fitted perfectly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭Macy0161

positron wrote: »
    Days are getting shorter and Halfords have Layzene Strip Drive Pro 300 tail light is €33.50 (down from 50-55 at most other outlets)
    Collected today (much quicker than the email on placing the order). Just posting to remind people of the Axa discount on top, which was another 10% off!

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭RunDMC

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Collected today (much quicker than the email on placing the order). Just posting to remind people of the Axa discount on top, which was another 10% off!

Which store? There doesn't seem to be availability anywhere online?

R

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

Drogheda & Navan shows stock (I didn't buy it myself, but just checked the halfords page a second ago).

RunDMC wrote: »

R
    I ordered pretty much as soon as I saw the post last Friday, but initially they said collect from next Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Available to collect in letterkenny store tomorrow too

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

RunDMC wrote: »

R

Collection in Carrickmines Tomorrow week.

eeeee wrote: »
    Collection in Carrickmines Tomorrow week.
    That's what I got (an 8 day lead in) last Friday, but got the available for collection on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,815 ✭✭✭fat bloke

I bought two. Clicked to collect last week from Carrickmines, they ordered them in and I got them Tuesday. Good light I think. Just used it last night. Not sure I'd pay 50 plus but for 33 it seems good. First test passed in that it survived one spin. Next test is can it survive one winter.

fat bloke wrote: »
    First test passed in that it survived one spin. Next test is can it survive one winter.
    Mine survived last winter, several days a week commuting (all weathers), and Saturday spins. Replacing it as I lost it, when it was off the bike, over the summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭beans

• Advertisement

I forgot I ordered two of those Lezyne lights in Halfords Tallaght as well. Just got the email saying they're ready for collection. If anyone wants the order number to go get em then drop me a pm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭secman

fat bloke wrote: »
    I forgot I ordered two of those Lezyne lights in Halfords Tallaght as well. Just got the email saying they're ready for collection. If anyone wants the order number to go get em then drop me a pm

Which 2, are they 2 rear lights ?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Alanbt

I think these lights need a thread of their own at this stage

secman wrote: »
    Which 2, are they 2 rear lights ?
    Thanks

This rear one as discussed above

https://www.halfords.ie/cycling/bike-lights/bike-lights/lezyne-strip-drive-pro-300-taillight

• Registered Users Posts: 23,266 ✭✭✭✭ted1

beans wrote: »

ordered a pair, also these ones are full length but don't show up https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CLPXCRWT/planet-x-clubman-roubaix-winter-tights

I had pair before but had to be cut out of them. they are warm and comfortable..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,330 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Lads, can we leave the extended discussion of the lights to another thread or to PMs, this thread is intended to contain bargain alerts only. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Acquiescence

Hi, I don't know if this is acceptable on thread, if not apologies. But I find discussions such as those about the lights to be great for informing purchase decisions. The value of a bargain is subjective, one man's bargain is another man's cheap tat.

The mod note in the first post also specifically allows for discussion related to the bargain/alternatives/legitimacy of bargain.

Without the discussion aspect I may as well be browsing the Cycling Bargains app.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Cycling Bargains app.

the what now?
    where do I get me this app!! :)

Can't argue with Aquiescence...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Maybe a new thread of bargain alerts including discussion, and those who want to only see a new bargain need not click into it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement