Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin City Juggling info

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭Stephenm

I'm 30 though.... are ye all under 25 still?? :D

:p

No.

(Wow hard to believe someone that old can still juggle!! They must be super cool...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Backtoblack

Stephenm wrote:
    No.

(Wow hard to believe someone that old can still juggle!! They must be super cool...)

oh my god, that's such a mean thing to say to me!!
    I'm v sensitive about my age... I look younger apparently too!!:p
    I learned when I was younger, but kept it up. Its very enjoyable.
    esp in the summer when you can juggle outside.

I have illuminous juggling balls.. they 'like totally rock'!

:D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

Well there are a good few groups that meet in dublin during the week... Mostly in the universities - so thay'll have stopped most likely till january.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Stopped have they eh? shame means your gonna have to wait even longer now to see my soon to be legendary excalibur double (yes double) duicide.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

wtf?
    How does that even work?
    Posted a video to diabolo.ca yet?

I'm not certain about the whole break thing, I'm just presuming. I've been in Cork so I cant be sure.

... and I finally managed to actually get the whole 3 ball juggling thing. Took me ages, but it's there now. Got about 60 catches last night =0) Still working on that third diabolo =0)

Not posting a vid of it as if i do everyone will know how its done and copy it, wanna keep it to my self.

Not posting a vid of it as if i do everyone will know how its done and copy it, wanna keep it to my self.

You'll have to show someone sooner or later... you'll be juggling secretly somewhere somday.. and someone will spot you and your trick will go nationwide!!!!!! :D:D

Come on!! I'd love to learn new tricks!! :-)

I could but i wanna stick it in my act so then people will have to pay me to see it. brilliant eh?

I could but i wanna stick it in my act so then people will have to pay me to see it. brilliant eh?

That's amazing Emmet!! :D:p

I think so too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

just show it, dont make me go over to engerland and kick some ass :cool:

And the lasy train comes in. Eh no come to england and I can show you here + beer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭TheBigRedDog

Whats the story with poi and staff stuff? any sessions going on around the place? (feel free to move post) Cheers Cliff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Gippart

Heya, beginner at diabolo juggling and I'm just wondering if there's any kind of meetups happening in Dublin? City Centre would be best for me.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

Hey there,

yeah theres a meetup every tuesday evening in Merrion square during the summer months and then in Goldsmith hall in trinity on tuesday evenings starting in october and running for the winter months. if you want any more information just let me know :)

Splinty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Gippart

heh, I'd like some more info :) about the october onwards classes.

no worries, they arent classes as such, more just juggling meetups where people go every tuesday or trinity or wednesday in DIT (up near parnel street). both are indoors and out of the rain and although they are held by the colleges, non college goers pop along (myself included). tuesdays is in Goldsmith hall (just under the pearse street bridge) from 7pm til 9 or 10pm and wednesdays i will double check for ya and post back later :)

Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dylan_f_juggle

Hi i'm dylan i'm 14, i use to have a diabolo at the age of 11 and i considered myself semi-skilled at it as i could do genocides and so on i was jsut wondering is there anywhere in dublin city i could get a nice diabolo medium sized for vetween the price of 10 - 25 euro.........i was also thinkin of having a juggling sesh in swords castle park

Hi i'm dylan i'm 14, i use to have a diabolo at the age of 11 and i considered myself semi-skilled at it as i could do genocides and so on i was jsut wondering is there anywhere in dublin city i could get a nice diabolo medium sized for vetween the price of 10 - 25 euro.........i was also thinkin of having a juggling sesh in swords castle park
    Heya,

yes there is a juggling store in Dublin city in Temple bar. its called "jugglin' Dublin" and they stock all ranges of diabolos from low to high price. It is located in the crowestreet bazaar (stand outside the button factory in temple bar with your back to it, look left and you will see a "head" store. go into it and follow it through and you find a small bizaare of shops, one of which is the one your looking for :) also the dublin juggling festival is coming up in late March so keep an eye for more info :)

Mark

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dylan_f_juggle

ah great thanks, ive been to jugglin and i am not the fondest of their stuff...is there anywhere else ?

not in Dublin as such, what type of diabolo would you prefer? is there a particular brand? i have a henrys circus myself and a harlequin and i prefer the Henrys, picked it up at the dublin convention 2 years back.

on a side note if you dont mind me asking, what was it that didnt make you fond of their stuff?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

How hard is it to learn a 5 ball cascade? or any 5 ball juggle if there's any easier version...? I learned to 3 ball in about a week and can consistently hit 30-50 throws now before I start to over think and mess up!!

Its not too difficult it took me about three weeks to get it to about 20catches many a year ago. just work on throwing your 3 ball cascade the height of five, slightly above your head, when you can do that consistently for about 60 catches with out moving too much just go for it and see. Also if you're in hercs my gf, Alex is training o-lifting there til tuesday try grab her and she can give you some pointers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 brayzer

Hey, I know this thread is ancient, just wondering if the Merrion Square meet up is still happening on Tuesday evenings during the summer?

brayzer wrote: »
    Hey, I know this thread is ancient, just wondering if the Merrion Square meet up is still happening on Tuesday evenings during the summer?

Yup it is :) from 6 or whenever til the park closes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Sensay

can you send me a link to ypour group

Hi Sensay,

if you look up Dublin Circus Project on facebook or even through Google, you will find loads of information about it :)

Where are you based yourself?

thanks
    Mark

Advertisement