Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2011 [*Spoilers*]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

I agree Snoopy1. Nothing compares to Strictly!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

My mum was just telling me that James and Ola have been dropped from the Christmas show and th live tour next year, due to James comments to the judges.
    This could mean they might not be back next year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    My mum was just telling me that James and Ola have been dropped from the Christmas show and th live tour next year, due to James comments to the judges.

Woah, that seems a bit harsh, the comments on the tour look as if they're all scripted, it's no worse than some of the stuff Brenden has said in the past and he's still there. Will James and Ola return for the next series of SCD I wonder...

flutegirl wrote: »

Woah, that seems a bit harsh, the comments on the tour look as if they're all scripted, it's no worse than some of the stuff Brenden has said in the past and he's still there. Will James and Ola return for the next series of SCD I wonder...
    If they're kicked off the tour it usually means they won't be back for the tv show.
    I'll dance with Robbie :)

Can't wait for the final tonight!! The snacks & drinks in and the fire's lighting!:)

4 dances tonight!:eek: Looking forward to the showdances; they're always so amazing!! Running order for the first show is:

Harry & Aliona:
    Quickstep & Showdance
    Chelsee & Pasha:
    Jive & SD
    Jason & Kristina:
    Tango & SD

Someone is then eliminated and the remaining 2 couples dance twice more. If Harry & Aliona make it through, they'll dance
    Argentine Tango & American Smooth
    . If it's Pasha & Chelsee,
    Rumba & Quickstep
    . If Jason goes through, it's
    Salsa & Quickstep

Sorry for putting in spoilers....just in case anyone wants to be surprised tonight!:)

Hope Harry wins it!! Me and the parents will be glued to the telly tonight, all rooting for Team Har-iona!:pac:

• Advertisement

I'm only gonna be able to watch first half tonight.
    Really must have the will power to not come on here and check who's won.
    I will be so sad when this series is over :(

I'm only gonna be able to watch first half tonight.
    Really must have the will power to not come on here and check who's won.
    I will be so sad when this series is over :(

You have the tour to look forward to!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Someone tell snoopy1 to leave her phone in the house please.

Cos she WILL check otherwise!!

gatecrash wrote: »
    Someone tell snoopy1 to leave her phone in the house please.

Cos she WILL check otherwise!!
    Gatecrash is my boyfriend and he knows I have no willpower :)

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭tinyk68

Why, why, why did Jason get four tens for his show dance. He went wrong twice very early on. The judges are blind! I really hope Harry wins.

• Advertisement

Jason's SD was not a patch on Tom Chambers' show-business version a few seasons ago!! Didn't warrant a 40, a 37 or 38 maybe.

Loved Harry's because it was different and so much fun!! Rock'n'roll was fabulous...he deserved more than 37 IMO!!

The lifts from Chelsee and Pasha were amazing! Loved the 'lobster claw' one, as Craig said! She looked quite nervous though and tiny few mistakes..Alesha or Bruno could have thrown her a 10. Love Pasha!!:D

Waiting patiently on the couch now 'til it kicks off again in 35 mins!:) If Harry gets eliminated I might actually cry!:o:(

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! WWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Delighted with the result.

I thought the judges marked the showdances in the right order - Jason's best, then Harry's, then Chelsee's. But overall, Jason was the worst of the three and deserved to go first. Harry was the best and deserved to win.

The final dance with all previous couples was nice, in a sentemental type of way.

quickbeam wrote: »
    Delighted with the result.

I thought the judges marked the showdances in the right order - Jason's best, then Harry's, then Chelsee's. But overall, Jason was the worst of the three and deserved to go first. Harry was the best and deserved to win.

The final dance with all previous couples was nice, in a sentemental type of way.

Yeah, liked that! It was fun to see everyone.

Hilarious when the McFly boys ran on after Harry was announced as the winner!!:D Brucie trying to hush them off then.

Would love a longer look at the celebrations though.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭missbelle

Well done Harry, a deserving winner...and the lovely Chelsee a gallant runner-up - great series :D

I'm in the pub and I looked at results. I am bad :(

I'm in the pub and I looked at results. I am bad :(

You just couldn't resist!:pac:

When you watch it...you're in for a treat!!:)

Well done Harry!! A great final, really enjoyed it and liked that all three got to do the showdance. Really liked Jason and Kristina's.

Bring on the tour in February! :pac:

Bawling it now. What am I gonna watch for the year!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Bah! Chelsee deserved to win. Harry was over-marked all the way through the competition and Aliona is just not likeable.

Anyway, the show was gone downhill in the last couple of years.
    It's now more American than Dancing With The Stars - too many props, over-marking and trying to "sex up" the show.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

RosyLily wrote: »
    I think ITT is on for 1 hour on Friday, live from Blackpool. I prefer Zoe Ball on the show.
    Me too! I like her much more than Claudia, she's lovely! :)
    tinyk68 wrote: »
    Why, why, why did Jason get four tens for his show dance. He went wrong twice very early on. The judges are blind! I really hope Harry wins.
    None of the showdances this time really made me WOW. They were not as unforgettable as Tom and Camilla's or Ola and Chris's for me.. or Erin and Colin's and Lisa and Brendan's- but they were unforgettable for all the wrong reasons! :D

My mum was just telling me that James and Ola have been dropped from the Christmas show and th live tour next year, due to James comments to the judges.This could mean they might not be back next year!!
    flutegirl wrote: »

Doesn't look like it...

http://www.digitalspy.ie/tv/s104/strictly-come-dancing/news/a356499/strictly-come-dancing-ola-james-axed-from-show.html

Heroditas wrote: »
    Bah! Chelsee deserved to win. Harry was over-marked all the way through the competition and Aliona is just not likeable.

Anyway, the show was gone downhill in the last couple of years.
    It's now more American than Dancing With The Stars - too many props, over-marking and trying to "sex up" the show.
    I don't think this year was as much like 'DWTS' as last years, but there certainly seems to be a lot more tens given out now than in the early days of 'Strictly.'

Posy wrote: »
    I don't think this year was as much like 'DWTS' as last years, but there certainly seems to be a lot more tens given out now than in the early days of 'Strictly.'

I blame Alesha! :pac: She does get carried away, but noticed in the final Chelsee was given tens by Alesha, len and Bruno, think it was a cha cha step, and she was on the wrong beat to Pasha for some of the steps. I think Craig is the only one who seems to use his 10 paddle properly.

Yes, Craig will not allow himself to be swept away with the fun of the final and give out undeserved 10's.
    A ten from Craig means a lot more than a ten from Alesha. That means a dance was really a-maz-ing.

Aw, my cousin will be devastated if Ola leaves. She's got a girl crush on her! :pac:

Definitely think a 10 from Craig is more meaningful than from Alesha. He's ridiculously hard to please; you get a 10 from him, you know that you danced fantastically!

I agree about the over-use of the props. It's grand if it's something small, like a fan for the paso doble but I really don't see the point in having something huge! Like the pink stiletto that was used for Jason & Kristina's tango first time around. It served absolutely no purpose. At least Holly & Artem used the lamp-posts for their dance!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Or the stupid cannon for one of Russell's dances. Ridiculous

Yes, Russell and the cannon was a horrifying moment for all concerned. :eek:

Merry Christmas lads, nice to see Ian Waite back dancing :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Yeah it was good to see Ian dancing.
    But other than that, I didn't really like this year's Christmas special. I prefer the old format of having a few celebrities from this year's show and a few from previous years, rather than new contestants.
    Charlie Brooks was the deserved winner, maybe she will be on the show in 2012?!

Merry Christmas everyone.... And keep dancing! :)

Advertisement