Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[MERGED] Retailer Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

mike65 wrote: »
    They've got easily the best price I've found so far for an epson scanner that I'm after, anyone bought from them?

Mike.

I personally know the guy who owns the company and he's a sound bloke. The website is a bit old but I believe he's in the process of revamping it. Give him a bell if you have any questions he'll be more than happy to answer them for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭angryInch

Does any one know the phone number for hardwareversand.de?
    I have been trying +49-1805-711117, but I am getting an engaged tone every time I try it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

angryInch wrote: »
    Does any one know the phone number for hardwareversand.de?
    I have been trying +49-1805-711117, but I am getting an engaged tone every time I try it.

00491805711117 is the full number. If it's coming up engaged rather than out of service then that suggests you've got it right but that the line is busy.

You can also request a callback from:
    https://www1.hardwareversand.de/callback.jsp

Remember to put in the dialing code for Ireland and drop any leading zeros from your number. I wouldn't hold my breath for a call back though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,504 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2008/06/24/komplett_down_pan/

.ie is still up so far, but German, French, Austrian and UK are gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Spear wrote: »
    http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2008/06/24/komplett_down_pan/

.ie is still up so far, but German, French, Austrian and UK are gone.

Strange that some are still running and others are not.

Being an internet sales business all their cost base is in the Warehousing and Distribution centre(s), as well as the backend office side - Finance, Sales, Purchasing etc. So one would imagine there is little additional cost in operating in the UK if one is selling to Ireland already for example, so closing some and not other websites is a strange move, unless they are consolidating it into a smaller number of legal entities and will continue to sell to the UK from another juristiction (perhaps ireland). I guess we'll found out over the next few days, but Komplett will be a big loss if it does close down.

Inq

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,504 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Inquitus wrote: »
    Strange that some are still running and others are not.

Being an internet sales business all their cost base is in the Warehousing and Distribution centre(s), as well as the backend office side - Finance, Sales, Purchasing etc. So one would imagine there is little additional cost in operating in the UK if one is selling to Ireland already for example, so closing some and not other websites is a strange move, unless they are consolidating it into a smaller number of legal entities and will continue to sell to the UK from another juristiction (perhaps ireland). I guess we'll found out over the next few days, but Komplett will be a big loss if it does close down.

Inq

Komplett do have a warehouse in Ireland which I would have thought would raise Irish costs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

They dont have a Warehouse in Ireland, their only presence is a company who do their RMA's on their behalf.
    Komplett.ie c/o ECS Logistics
    Unit F
    Airport Business Campus
    Santry
    Dublin 9

I've been down to RMA stuff on a few occassions

Their only major distibution center is in Holland afiak, so thats where all the cost is, the only cost of doing business through Komplett UK would be maintaining the website and producing the UK Accounts and managing Statutory Compliance. Take maybe 1 person fulltime tops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

good ridence, they were terrible for the last 4 years with pricing.

*EDIT* didn't read the thread on the komplett forum.

although closing several of their web stores does sit well for me as a customer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

Hey guys i've found some sites that seem to have decent prices but for some reason i cant register for them i keep getting errors can someone else try and tell me if they have any success.

www.notebooknet.de
    www.hoh.de

Sorry if this is wrong forum mods.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

yup, im getting errors too. But their in german. Possibly they only allow registrations through a .de domain or something. Or it could be we are filling in the wrong information ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

Thanks for checkin anti. Pretty sure my info is correct. Didn't know they could block certain people from reging/accessing on a site. Is this done by checking your ip? Strange though that they'd give ireland as an option in the address field though and then block you.

I found another site anyway that will let me reg and also accepts me dads company VAT-ID. Ello 19% off :).

www.hpm-computer.de
    Some of their prices look pretty decent. Bank transfer again though. They also do PAYPAL!!!! And delivery is charges are very reasonable. e21 for a gfx mobo and 4 fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭colonel-yum-yum

Hey guys, where would be the best place to get a decent all in one printer, scanner & copier (not really bothered about fax.) I've checked komplett but don't have any experience with the other sites in the suggested links.
    As long as it scans well I'm not overly bothered about print speed. Would just buy a scanner and printer seperate but I have too much clutter as is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭savemejebus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭barneysplash

I've had a terrible time this last two weeks with maplin.co.uk

I've ordered stuff off them before no bother, but this time they somehow sent
    my shiny Daewoo portable DVD player to some lucky chap 50 miles from me.

Eventually got a refund after much ping pong
    between Malpin (who were terrible) and DHL (who were great)

I see Komplett are apparently about to go out of business.

We need a new reliable retailer.

Are elara or dabs any good for reliability?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

i've ordered off Elara before and find their service to be great. If you looks around though their prices are only average, nothing breaking the norm.

Hardwareversand.de is a company I've recently been converted to. You have to pay by bank transfer but you can pay by online banking if you have it, might just take a few days extra to get them set up as a beneficiary account.

The great thing about them is that in all the searching I've done their prices are ALWAYS lower, anything from 10euro to 70euro. So while a bit akward definetly worth the effort.

Tried to order off Dabs.ie before but they wanted passport and drivers licence with bank statements or some crap so I just emailed them and told them to f*** off!

Also Komplett.ie arent goin out of business, they posted saying that they're focusing their limited resources on less saturated markets or something.

• Advertisement

Hey guys,
    where is the cheapest place to get myself a 19 or 20" LCD for my new build? dabs is cheap enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 105 ✭✭richiek

Hi Guys,

just ordered off hardwareversand.de but I'm a little confused as to how to pay them, have any of you had any experience with them before? basicly I've been given...

Remittee: hardwareversand.de GmbH
    Remittee account: xxxxxxxxxx
    BLZ: xxxxxxxx
    Financial institution: Deutsche Postbank AG Dortmund
    IBAN Nr.: DE 7344 0100 4607 xxxx xxxx
    SWIFTCode: PBNKDEFF
    Amount: 667,91 EUR
    Intended purpose: V793207-xxxxxx

(wasnt sure if any of these numbers were sensetive so i replaced some with x'x)

If any of you have any idea how I should pay could you let me know.

Thanks

richiek wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

just ordered off hardwareversand.de but I'm a little confused as to how to pay them, have any of you had any experience with them before? basicly I've been given...

Remittee: hardwareversand.de GmbH
    Remittee account: xxxxxxxxxx
    BLZ: xxxxxxxx
    Financial institution: Deutsche Postbank AG Dortmund
    IBAN Nr.: DE 7344 0100 4607 xxxx xxxx
    SWIFTCode: PBNKDEFF
    Amount: 667,91 EUR
    Intended purpose: V793207-xxxxxx

(wasnt sure if any of these numbers were sensetive so i replaced some with x'x)

If any of you have any idea how I should pay could you let me know.

Thanks

Just go to your bank and ask them for a credit transfer form for a German company (I think you need to specify this as it's a different form). Just fill in the form making sure not to mix up any of the codes. I can't remember if there is a field for intended purpose or not but if not put it in a comments kinda field (make sure it's in somewhere as it's your order number)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 105 ✭✭richiek

Just go to your bank and ask them for a credit transfer form for a German company (I think you need to specify this as it's a different form). Just fill in the form making sure not to mix up any of the codes. I can't remember if there is a field for intended purpose or not but if not put it in a comments kinda field (make sure it's in somewhere as it's your order number)

Thanks Colonel!
    I did that this morning. Gave them a quick ring before I hit the bank and asked if they could speak english, and they just told me what you did.

I appreciate the quick reply, lets hope they're as quick to deliver.

Thanks

Richie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭barneysplash

I've had a terrible time this last two weeks with maplin.co.uk

I've ordered stuff off them before no bother, but this time they somehow sent
    my shiny Daewoo portable DVD player to some lucky chap 50 miles from me.

Eventually got a refund after much ping pong
    between Malpin (who were terrible) and DHL (who were great)

I see Komplett are apparently about to go out of business.

We need a new reliable retailer.

Are elara or dabs any good for reliability?

Hi again everyone.

Since posting the above, I've bought stuff from Elara.
    They are reliable and offer better value than the high-street.

I am happy to say that I've had no problems yet.

The best value I've got so far is a 5 Meter HDMI cable for (€30) compared to what
    Dixons/Currys and the Sony Centre were charging (€60 - €89)

Their shipping packaging is very secure and quickly delivered too.

Hopefull this will continue.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

it seems odd that that german company doesnt accept credit card payments if they did they would make so much more money through foreign sales

it seems odd that that german company doesnt accept credit card payments if they did they would make so much more money through foreign sales

I know, I thought it was a bit suss but nearly everyone on here says they are legit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭romperstomper

are e-bug legit? they are the ONLY supplier that are stocking the gfx card i want:

http://www.ebug-europe.com/bug/default.asp?PageNo=DEFAULT

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TonyM.

Power City have a 50" Plasma TV for €895.00

I'm trying to buy a few items off dabs.ie but everytime I go to purchase the items I get
    Sorry!

We have not been able to verify your payment on card number **** **** **** **** with the issuer because an incorrect password has been supplied. In order to protect you, the card owner, against unauthorised use of your card, we cannot process your order.

I've tried a few other cards and the same problem. The issue is that there is no where in the dabs site to specify a password for your credit card even if I did have one? I contacted dabs this morning but they have yet to respond. Anyone else get this problem?

You can pay Dabs by Paypal, the password is a once off number you can get from the bank to verify your card.

TonyM. wrote: »
    You can pay Dabs by Paypal, the password is a once off number you can get from the bank to verify your card.

figured out the problem. After trying for hours to make a purchase using firefox 3 I tried IE7 just for the sake of it and the purchase went through. This was my first purchase from dabs via firefox (the last one I made was from IE7) so maybe there is a compatibility issue with it or something?

So, let's hear of the problems you have been having when ordering parts from normal shops or online e-shops.

Lets not name and shame so to speak, but talk of your bad experiences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Maybe add manufacturers as well to beef up the thread?

I had a case and PSU form Point of View (POV).
    The case was of pretty dismall quality. Sharp edges, the side panel didn't fit right and the front ports were USB1.0 instead of 2.0. The PSU was underpowered as well and died.

Good idea, i like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 358 ✭✭dkane

Ankermann

Avoid this crowd. Very very unprofessional and at times down right rude.
    PCs are cheap, but you get what you pay for. Build quality is not terrific, customer service is nonexistent and staff are impossible to deal with.

Took almost 7 weeks to get everything I ordered, was lied to over and over again.

See this post:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055373287
    for my experience with them

Stay away from Overclockers.uk no customer support at all .

I have to agree with both TonyM and dkane. Have had lots of issues with Overclockers.co.uk and point blank refuse to use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭ricka05

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

+1 as well

Q-tec products, in particular their power supplies should be mentioned as well, as they are utter sh1te.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭DamoKen

weird, I've been using them for years, had one issue the first time with a dead cpu, rma'ed it and had a new one the following week.

Maybe I've been lucky?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 mugsir

DamoKen wrote: »
    weird, I've been using them for years, had one issue the first time with a dead cpu, rma'ed it and had a new one the following week.

Maybe I've been lucky?

Ive ordered 3 top class gaming rigs:D(bought all hardware and built, not ready made box) and many upgrades from overclockers.co.uk

I've only ever had two problems, 1 dead stick of corsair ram and a faulty ati 2900xt.I rma'ed the ram and it was back within a week.
    The 2900xt went bad 8 months down the line, waited 28 days while ocuk enquired about a replacement, no replacement form ati, so ocuk refunded the money to my credit card, which took a few days. Then with the £290 i was able to buy a new 9800gtx + 2 more gigs of ram + creative headset. So overall it worked out in my favour.
    Ocuk support were very helpful and fully within their T&C with the way they dealt with everything i bought from/returned to them.

Top marks to ocuk for service from me, They are a bit expensive though and postage costs are extreme £66 to ship monitor+case+2HDs:mad:

Another company i came across while hunting cheap hardware is hardwareversand.de, great prices, gotta pay through euro bank transfer though. Might be hell trying to rma with no german, haven't had a problem with anything i've bought from them yet. Ordering my new sh*t hot rig from them this week though, so maybe I'll find out. Hopefully not!
    Q6600, antec 900, 4gb 8500 Reaper, Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS4, 1gb ati 4870, Corsair 750W, 2x Samsung HD501LJ =€922 delivered :D

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Spiritine

ricka05 wrote: »
    +1

Ive had no problems with them so far;)

Overclockers.uk are not honerable people to deal with i bought a mainboard off them ,the accessory pack was missing including the sound card when it arrived. I got no satisfaction from them and would have taken a case to the small claims court if they were based here, in the end i gave up and gave away the board which never worked properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Spiritine

Overclockers.uk are not honerable people to deal with i bought a mainboard off them ,the accessory pack was missing including the sound card when it arrived. I got no satisfaction from them and would have taken a case to the small claims court if they were based here, in the end i gave up and gave away the board which never worked properly.

When buying my pc case there...i read a review from someone who bought one and the screws and accessories were not in the box......They said they told ocuk and in a couple days they had all the accessories they needed at their doorstep...

just reminded me of something. On my last build I bought a corsair dominator fan and discovered the screws were missing. Emailed Overclockers and they replied straight away that they'd brought that up with Corsair as a few people had the same problem due to the package splitting. Didn't have to rma, they sent me out another one free so got a back up now if the one in my machine fails.:)

I have had huge issues with overclockers. Once was when a dead x1950 pro died on me, emailed ocuk and told them if they can not replace the card i would like a refund but to another cedit card as the one i used to order i cancelled, told them a credit not would be fine too. They initially agreed to do this so i was happy, but then processed they refunded to the old credit card. Money never hit that bank as the account was closed, and overclockers refused to do anything about this. Never used them since and never will again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Pixmania. Non-existent customer support. Sent emails to about 10 addresses, got one automatic reply between them all that was absolutely nothing to do with my query. They have a good selection of stuff and occasionally excellent prices but after the time it took a few weeks for 'guaranteed next day delivery' with the item marked as 'in stock' and they refused to refund me the postage after I FINALLY got through to them....Just no. No, no....never again. I would gladly pay 20-30 quid more for the same item elsewhere for peace of mind, to some that might seem ludicrous but just try Pixmania customer support.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭Griffin87

I sent 2 asus motherboards back to them on wednesday, do you have a number for them terror ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 DanishViking

Hiya,
    I'm currently looking at building a new pc, and thinking of buying from Komplett.ie
    Any one heard anything about them(Good or Bad)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 263 ✭✭alansweeney100

Komplett are decent, always compare their prices to dabs.ie tho to see if they're competitive. You can collect your order from their stores Blanch as well.
    If you are talking about Komplett's PC builder then I can't comment, never used it.

Hiya,
    I'm currently looking at building a new pc, and thinking of buying from Komplett.ie
    Any one heard anything about them(Good or Bad)?

never had a problem with them, a lot of people use them here. Support is decent enough plus they've just opened a collection depot in Blancherstown which knocks down your shipping costs if you live in the Dublin area. http://www.komplett.ie/k/k.asp?action=custserv&topic=pickupopeningtimes

There's also a forum on boards specifically for Komplett -> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=242.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 595 ✭✭✭toco123

www.hardwareversand.de

Their customer car is famously sickning. Not only are they very rude but tried to take €900 and cancel my order!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Wcool

After some good stories here, I tried hardwareversand.de as well.
    I have to admit, so far it hasn't been good at all, but I will give them the benefit of the doubt as this is the first time.

Here is my story:

In early August(!) I order about 7 or 8 components to build a new multi-media computer.
    But I noticed I forgot this:

http://www2.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=18287&agid=785

It's a tv card. So I tried to email them: no response.
    Then I called them, didn't work through normal landline, had to use Skype Out.
    No response, then I called them during the weekend: immediate response!
    In my broken German I asked the to add the TV card and all seemed ok.
    I transferred the full amount.

First: the order never showed the new tv tuner card. Well that could be my fault of course, adding stuff after hitting the submit button.

Second: after 10 days or so, in which nothing happened, my order was cancelled!

I called and they assured me that all was ok. Then I waited for 4 weeks!
    They finally replied on my emails and told me all was ok, but needed to wait for the TV card.. Every reply took 3 days..
    Finally after 8 weeks I started threatening with consumer organisations and they split the order.

I have the goods minus the tv tuner, and all is components worked.
    BUT I am now waiting for 10 weeks on the tv tuner card. It's still not there.
    Every couple of days, the expected 'In stock' date is pushed back.

You know, if they would give me some sort of option, but no.
    More irritating is the slow response on emails and the lack of tracking in what state an order is.

I will try them again (if I ever get my TV card), and if I have a bad experience again, it's schluss und nicht mehr...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Manties wrote: »
    Once was when a dead x1950 pro died on me,
    double negative, does that mean it came back to life? :pac:

I used hardwareversand for the first time a couple of weeks ago and other than the feeling of not having a clue what was going on everything went grand

heres a list of my status from the order

2008-10-07 at 11:42 Online-Order
    2008-10-15 at 16:07 Es wurde noch kein Zahlungseingang festgestellt.
    2008-10-16 at 13:15 The goods are ready for collection or assembling.
    2008-10-17 at 09:29 The invoice was made.

I now have the goods so the online status is pretty useless! I also never recieved my tracking number?

I certainly would use them again, but only if the savings were very good.

You pay peanuts, you get monkeys... but monkeys are fairly cool

• Advertisement
Advertisement