Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP 7mp Digital Camera and HP Photosmart Printer €125 at Argos.

Options
  • 01-07-2008 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭

HP R742 7Mp Digital Camera and Photosmart C3180 AIO Printer €125 at Argos. The camera included is an hp Photosmart M737 in black, not the camera listed in the description, at least that's what was in the package I bought. It's actually a better camera with 8 megapixels instead of 7, and it takes ordinary AA batteries (included.)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

how much does the printers ink cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

€100 a cartridge of course!! :D:D Sorry just kidding, I don't know because I haven't used the printer yet. I think HP cartridges are reasonably priced though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Oracle wrote: »
    €100 a cartridge of course!! :D:D Sorry just kidding, I don't know because I haven't used the printer yet. I think HP cartridges are reasonably priced though.
    Some of them are quite cheap but most of those ones have fúck all ink in them so they still work out quite expensive. Canon inks are usually quite good value when you take into account that capacity of the cartridge.

They're from £10 with free delivery at MX2.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

They're from £10 with free delivery at MX2.
    The cartridges for canon printers work out at about 50% more expensive (cartridge no 50) but have more than three times the capacity. It would be a similar case for an epson printer. Not sure about any of the others. If you plan on printing a lot then this deal isn't as good as it looks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Just a head up,Hp cameras are'nt the best not far off being the worst!

I've used this camera for over 6 months now and I've found it great. It's fast (probably due to the 32 Mb on board memory) and easy to use. Compared to the Pentax Optio which I've also used, this camera is far better. The only thing I'd fault is the hp software, it's way too bloated and slow. If I could do things over I'd just install Picasa instead.

It's disappointing when I post a good deal that the only response I get is to be quoted and the products criticised. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,530 ✭✭✭savemejebus

The last hp i had worked fine as long as you didn't use it without a flash (outside of bright sunlight - which is pretty rare here) and had a bunch of spare batteries. Has this camera sorted those problems?

I find this camera good under all lighting conditions, regarding batteries I always carry two fully charged spares. I bought a great value charger and 8 AA batteries for £8 from 7DayShop a while ago. Unfortunately their P&P to Ireland is £7.95 now, so there's probably cheaper ones available. This camera is priced at $160 (about €100) and has mainly positive reviews at Amazon.com.

This hp printer and camera offer is part of the Argos sale, the sale ends on 8th.July.

**UPDATE** Price now reduced to €100: http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=30001&catalogId=1500001101&langId=-1&searchTerms=hp+printer+and+camera&x=0&y=0

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭whatsupdoc?

Ignore them Oracle.
    Thanks for the headsup, looks great value for a ton.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 almighty101

This is £59.99 (about €77) in Argos.co.uk
    It is €99.99 in argos.ie
    References are below.

It's late at night and I am a bit tired.
    But if someone tried to explain this to me twenty times, I still don't think I would understand this.

I dont mind - I am 32 miles from Enniskillen.
    However I also think this nonsense goes on in Tesco Lidl etc etc etc

This is only the second time I can say:
    "Thank God for Ian Paisley"
    The other time is Good Friday.
    The pubs are open up there, closed down here.
    Some southern pubs have been known to organise pilgrimages northward for the day.

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=30001&catalogId=1500001101&langId=-1&searchTerms=6701640&x=17&y=11

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/6701640.htm?jspStoreDir=argos&params=AR351&referredURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.argos.co.uk%2Fstatic%2FProduct%2FpartNumber%2F6701640.htm&cmpid=AR351&uid=7007871425&referrer=AR351&mid=700070080&storeId=10001

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭IH77

thanks Oracle, have been looking at buying an all-in-one printer and a digital camera but looks like I'll get both for €100. Looks to be a great deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

It's disappointing when I post a good deal that the only response I get is to be quoted and the products criticised. :(

Thanks for sharing the good deal. ;)
    I don't think it's any kind of criticism of you when people discuss the pros and cons of the bargain. IMHO speaking as a possible buyer its best to get as much input as possible.

Advertisement