Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everything Else Hip Hop

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Lil Boosie has somehow managed to escape the death penalty and further jail time over the murder of a guy a few years back. I was certain he was going away. The chap is nuts. He'll probably be back in jail in a few months again on drugs or gun possession. He's not quite as good at escaping charges as John Gotti was but he's getting there.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.19701/title.lil-boosie-found-not-guilty-in-murder-trial/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

fairly good interview from 50 and dj drama, they cover a lot of things. current hip hop, mixtapes, jay, snoop,nas, game with westside story and there beef, niki, lil wayne, meek mills numbers etc

it was a live stream in the build up to 50s next mixtape "the lost tapes" so its fairly long.

http://www.diversehiphop.com/blog/2012/05/50-cent-x-dj-drama-interview-with-peter-rosenberg/

50 says his album is coming out july 3rd with or without label support. This is going to be 50 v interscope all over again, i dont think he'l come july 3rd but this will prob heat up a bit , so much tension between 50 and the label, jimmy iovine in particular for a years now.

similiar to lupe's case with his label in ways, growing trend of rappers on majors going against them.

http://allhiphop.com/2012/05/22/50-cent-to-drop-new-album-july-3-regardless-of-label-support/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Interscope is simultaneously the best and worst label consistently for the last several years now.

50. Game. Letting Rakim and Busta go. Letting pretty much all of Aftermath 1.0 go. Cutting pretty much all of Shady 1.0
    Royce and Ortiz essentially re-signing up as part of Slaughtahouse, Crooked had some buzz around Aftermath too.

Just a weird weird label/superlabel/collection of labels or whatever the hell you call it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

i wouldnt believe half what 50 says tbh
    the man is using excuses because he is no longer relevant musically

• Advertisement

Would half agree, but the label does have some problems.

Interscope is simultaneously the best and worst label consistently for the last several years now.

50. Game. Letting Rakim and Busta go. Letting pretty much all of Aftermath 1.0 go. Cutting pretty much all of Shady 1.0
    Royce and Ortiz essentially re-signing up as part of Slaughtahouse, Crooked had some buzz around Aftermath too.

Just a weird weird label/superlabel/collection of labels or whatever the hell you call it.

Also Interscope's dropping of Freddie Gibbs was terrible as well. The guy has so much talent. Can't understand how Eminem didn't want him there.

Also Interscope's dropping of Freddie Gibbs was terrible as well. The guy has so much talent. Can't understand how Eminem didn't want him there.

I have heard of him, but not his music.

MD1990 wrote: »
    i wouldnt believe half what 50 says tbh
    the man is using excuses because he is no longer relevant musically

Wouldn't agree with that at all, he's no where near as relevant as he once was that's a cert but to suggest he's not relevant at all is a bit naive.

He's had several songs from his big 10 mixtape enter the billboard chart, that is something rarely seing from an artist , to have that much momentum with a mixtape with no label backing etc behind it is pretty impressive and not that of an artist who's not relevant. He was on a fair few hits last year too so your wrong in saying that unless you just hate him lol.

Agree with Conor on interscope but that's just the way this label works, they seem to have no real loyalty towards most of there artists, that's why I feared Lamar going to aftermath but hopefully things will work out for him their !

Agree with Conor on interscope but that's just the way this label works, they seem to have no real loyalty towards most of there artists, that's why I feared Lamar going to aftermath but hopefully things will work out for him their !

I don't know why they do it, but yeah they definitely don't seem to back many artists at once.

TDE are still around, so they seemed to have learned from others before them.

• Advertisement

I have heard of him, but not his music.

I can't recommend him enough. He is unlike any other rapper that I've heard in years. He is a gangster rapper from Gary, Indiana. Just up the road from Chicago. He raps with a double time flow. It seems like he's not breathing on some songs. It's the craziest flow I've heard. Just makes every song great.

Here he is going over a class, '93 Til. The second verse is brilliant.

Here's one produced by Madlib. It's a teaser for an upcoming album from the two of them. They're going by the name MadGibbs.

Again Freddie rips it up. The beat is beastly but Gibbs destroys it.

This is his best song. He doesn't rap fast on this at all but he's still on form. Just a fantastic song with a Just Blaze beat as well.

He has a few mixtapes out. I'd recommend "The Miseducation of..." and "Midwest...". They're his best. He released them after he got released from Interscope. He has production from some top producers like Just Blaze above.

These mixtapes got him recognised by XXL and he was on their '10 Freshman List. No mean feat for someone who was going it on their own completely at that stage.

He's with Young Jeezy's label now. Hopefully that works out for him. He put out a mixtape a while back. It's pretty good. He has that album with Madlib coming out and he has his own album coming out as well and a few others in the pipeline. All of them should be immense.

Oh and he dropped a few hints last month that he might be taking a few shots at Rick Ross on his next mixtape, which is dropping on the 28th of this month. I can't wait for it. Hopefully he wrecks Ross. He hasn't been his biggest fan for a while now.

+1 on Gibbs

He is top notch , havnt listened to him since his move to young jeezys label but his older stuff is unreal. Great storyteller , the shady roster was full to the brim at the time but very ignorant behaviour from eminem tbh, Gibbs talent didn't deserve that treatment.

Gangster rapper….double time flow…..jeezy

But despite these things, I will try to give him a listen.

Gangster rapper….double time flow…..jeezy

But despite these things, I will try to give him a listen.

Nah Jeezy only came along in the last year or so. All of his material up until then is top notch.

And he's a proper gangster rapper, not like Rick Ross. He has been there, done everything and gotten out of that lifestyle.

I reckon you'll like him. If you don't then there's something wrong with you :P.

If you don't then there's something wrong with you :P.

"i dont like him" - me some time in the next week
    "amazing artist" - me some time in the future

This is likely how it will go.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Just saw a picture of a tweet from lil wayne saying
    fuk pusha t and anybody that love em

Could spark an aul feud, he's more or less dissing G.O.O.D music, could make for some interesting stuff anyway.

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Just saw a picture of a tweet from lil wayne saying

Could spark an aul feud, he's more or less dissing G.O.O.D music, could make for some interesting stuff anyway.

kid cudi's just got involved too, good music vs young money has been brewing a while but its just pathtetic at this stage all parties will be friends again soon.

pusha disses drake in this, this is what has started it of again.

I don't listen to Pusha T but this is a really good song. And I'm not only saying that because it's dissing young money, the beat is class.

Mos Def and QTip can't actually be signed to GOOD music?!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

sh1t diss song

• Advertisement

That's some pretty embarrassing stuff for wayne, and he's been described as the greatest rapper alive...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

That's some pretty embarrassing stuff for wayne, and he's been described as the greatest rapper alive...

By himself...

Of course most of the other industry rappers jump on the bandwagon , I think kanye called him the greatest alive too but then again he called rick ross something like that a while ago.

Terrible reply from a terrible rapper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Can anybody link me, youtube or otherwise to the unedited version of Hit Em Up?

When I say unedited I dont mean with cursing in it, but the version where he mentions Lil Kim and someone else (Da Brat or Jay Z maybe?) at the end, where he says "Chino XL f*ck you too, all you motherfu*kers, fu*k you too, *edited* all you motherfu*kers, fu*k you die slow"

Cant seem to find it on youtube and am beginning to wonder if I dreamt it.

thats the closest thing i could find.

thats the closest thing i could find.

Yes thats what it was I was after. I must have imagined that it was the whole track I had heard.

Thanks mate!

Yeah but if you listen to the released version, from 4:26-4:30 there is something missing. Some names, Jay Z, Lil Kim and Lil Cease (it sounds like them names to me anyway)

They are in this video posted by P4DDY2K11

I had heard the clip that P4DDY2K11 posted a few years ago and just assumed that a full unedited version existed. I was asking for that, but it doesnt seem to be floating around anywhere.

I wonder why the names were taken out, and even if its legit?

Just the way it was released. He was riffing at that point so I am sure he said 100s of things that didn't make the final edit.

The video above shows that his voice kinda trailed off after lil kim / cease as he almost certainly didn't write any of that down. Each 2pac song has 100 or so versions, you might find it around somewhere but it is not in the official one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrcLrBfBaDU - This shows it as fading out, which makes sense. No mention of Jay-Z though. Jay-z was only releasing singles in promo for his debut album 2pac probably tuck out the diss as he wasn't big enough at the time to warrant a diss?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

the full version of Hit Em Up is on a Death Row compilation double disc thing they released.

Advertisement