Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stages/Hens thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Maybe the Galway residents have not stayed in a hostel in Galway (i know i wouldnt know anything about a Dublin hostel) but any idea whats the best hostel in Galway for a stag?

Barnacles i know is very central, but any tips appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,998 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Slattsy wrote: »
    Maybe the Galway residents have not stayed in a hostel in Galway (i know i wouldnt know anything about a Dublin hostel) but any idea whats the best hostel in Galway for a stag?

Barnacles, Snoozles, Sleepzone, Savoy, Kinlay and Woodquay hostels are all central. Not all might want stag business but worth trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Lads any chance of a gentlemans club in Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

There is Club Paradis next to Roisin Dubh.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Long Gone

biko wrote: »
    There is Club Paradis next to Roisin Dubh.

Ha Ha - Is that what passes as a "Gentleman's Club" in Galway ? .:)

• Advertisement

I don't know, I've never been to one.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

Lads any chance of a gentlemans club in Galway

The County CLub may have reciprocal rights for members of similar clubs elsewhere.

Those are likely to be a tad above the Stags and Hens level:)

Slattsy wrote: »

As an aside and obviously late for this stag but dont stay in a hostel for a stag. If for nothing else you dont have a residents bar and any stag I've been at the residents bar till 4 or 5 am was a given.

Go two or three to a room in a middle of the road hotel and you wont pay much more than a hostel anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

coming on a stags party to galway city next friday and saturday night. not a big crowd maybe 10 lads. what bars should we try and what ones should we avoid?

The bars and clubs around Shop Street will be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭plastik90

Can anyone recommend accommodation (Hotel or holiday apartments) for a 10 person stag do in or near the city?
    I've checked Forster Court, The Imperial and Eyre Square hotel but all are booked on our dates.

Plastik, I moved your question into this dedicated thread.

Try Jury's Inn

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Rambler11

The Connaught on the Dublin rd. Bit further out but there are always taxis outside. Also not as expensive as city centre hotels.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

What's the story with strippers hired to strip for the stag in a pub?

What pubs would allow that?

Any suggestions appreciated, so I don't have to ring every pub and ask.

What's the story with strippers hired to strip for the stag in a pub?

What pubs would allow that?

Any suggestions appreciated, so I don't have to ring every pub and ask.

Cant imagine any good pub allowing it so try Fibbers, Paddys or Hole in the Wall.

I can't think of a single pub in Galway that would allow that - unless you can get a private function room and have it there. So try place with function rooms.

You have the Paradis Club on Dominic Street so probably easier to just go there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

Cant imagine any good pub allowing it so try Fibbers, Paddys or Hole in the Wall.

Fibbers, Paddys & hole in the wall are three of the best pubs in the city

You know there are more than three pubs in Galway ya?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I'll happily argue that Fibbers is the worst pub in Galway, nevermind Galway city.

You know there are more than three pubs in Galway ya?

I do surely but when someone indirectly bad mouths 3 places

"Cant imagine any good pub allowing it so try Fibbers, Paddys or Hole in the Wall."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,734 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

"Cant imagine any good pub allowing it so try Fibbers, Paddys or Hole in the Wall."

Ahh, c'mon. If you're here longer than a wet weekend you know full well that those three *might* allow it, but others won't. It's not bad mouthing, it's just stating their place they've chosen for themselves in the hierarchy.

Because they are absolute dives and draw a horrible skanger crowd, Fibbers in particular.

Ahh, c'mon. If you're here longer than a wet weekend you know full well that those three *might* allow it, but others won't. It's not bad mouthing, it's just stating their place they've chosen for themselves in the hierarchy.

When was the last time you were in any of them three pubs? And did you see any strippers there when u were.

Because they are absolute dives and draw a horrible skanger crowd, Fibbers in particular.

Come down off the high horse and have a drink in fibbers, you must actually enjoy it. Some lovely people in there

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Amber0

I'm in the process of booking a hen party. All the usual city centre hotels are booked up so my options are The Harbour Hotel or Nox Hotel.

Would anyone recommend one over the other? I know Nox Hotel is outside the city but it doesnt look too far out.

Thanks
    Emer

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭connollys

there is a specific hen/stag thread might suit better, but if both in same price range I'd go with Harbour hotel, realistically Nox is a taxi ride away whereas would walk to Harbour.

Thanks Connollys. My only issue with Harbour Hotel is that their triple rooms consist of a double bed and single bed and some of the ladies will not know each other so I cant expect them to share a bed with a stranger! I suppose it answers my question really but just wanted to know was the Harbour Hotel massively better!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,734 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

connollys wrote: »
    whereas would walk to Harbour.

some hens would walk that far ... some ... ahh, maybe not :-)

Nox is far enough away to settle the deal.

I'm less concerned about the distance and more concerned about the quality of the hotel!!

• Advertisement

Moved Amber's stuff to correct thread

I've never heard of anyone staying in Nox so can't speak of them.
    Harbour Hotel is often used and popular with people I know. It's also walking distance to House Hotel Bar where you should go for cocktail drinks lessons. http://www.thehousehotel.ie/eat-drink/cocktail-bar-and-bistro

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement