Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TUF 19 - Penn, Edgar + Pendred & Fields! **Spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭amkin25

The ole ole is kinda annoying alright,chris fields isn't coming across great,but will probably be great for his career if he can make people dislike him enough and win at least his first fight,it should be enough to get him a few fights on a ufc card possibly.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Pity van buren didn't get his wish, nice little grudge match building up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Is Van Buren tall or Edgar small?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 JojoD51

Penn is 5'9 and Van Buren is 6'5 also Van Buren has nothing behind his eyes, looks dead inside!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Good fight this week. Shame to see Tim lose like that having controlled large parts of the fight.

Superb from Lima though who really seized his opportunity perfectly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭bono_v

Lads where can I watch this?? Is it on irish television?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭amkin25

I think a guy posted links to watch it on the previous page here.
    If that doesn't work you will have to download it somewhere .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,736 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

bono_v wrote: »

It's on bt2 sports on sky

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

bono_v wrote: »

I usually watch them on fightcreature.com or watchseries.ag

You have to register for fight creature though, but it's well worth it as they show all the events from all the bigger promotions all over the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭bono_v

Cheers lads.appreciate it. I'll catch up on those sites and I've got BT sports so I can follow on from there. Lovely stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭Cyber Ghost

Must say I'm enjoying this season.
    Some interesting characters and good standard MMA.
    I agree with team Edgar though that ole ole ole is head wrecking

• Registered Users Posts: 39,098 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I agree with team Edgar though that ole ole ole is head wrecking
    Isn't that the point?

It started during Cathal fight, and it got on their nerves so they kept it up to annoy and frustrate them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Much prefer this than the Brazilian TUF that's running at the same time. I just can't stand all the crying and "God chose this path for me" bullshít.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Much prefer this than the Brazilian TUF that's running at the same time. I just can't stand all the crying and "God chose this path for me" bullshít.

The Brazilian TUF is an embarrassment. The fights are just secondary to all the nonsense, i wouldn't be surprised if they actually scrap the fights and just have another 15 minutes of ring girls in the house.

I tune in for the special Gillette shaving scenes every week.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

Well that episode was horribly boring. The only interesting part was the final minute were it showed a preview of the next episode. Mazzagatti deducts a point and it seems all hell breaks loose. Dana seems to tell the other contestants to return to their locker rooms. Dunno if the fight was cancelled or continued on to halt a potential riot around the octagon. Will be interesting viewing next week

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

c0rk3r wrote: »
    Well that episode was horribly boring. The only interesting part was the final minute were it showed a preview of the next episode. Mazzagatti deducts a point and it seems all hell breaks loose. Dana seems to tell the other contestants to return to their locker rooms. Dunno if the fight was cancelled or continued on to halt a potential riot around the octagon. Will be interesting viewing next week
    It was hyped up crap. I'm guessing it's a simple situation where things got heated due to a reffing decision and that's all.
    I seriously doubt a riot was about to start :rolleyes:

Agreed boring episode, Best part was next weeks preview. Dana must realise it hasn't been the most exciting tv so far expect 'a riot' over point deduction from cage grabbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Billyblog

Really want to see that chap annoying Fields knocked out. Preferably by Fields.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Billyblog wrote: »
    Really want to see that chap annoying Fields knocked out. Preferably by Fields.
    His dead-behind-the-eyes look drives me mad. Love to see Fields kick the ****ing head off him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

c0rk3r wrote: »
    The only interesting part was the final minute were it showed a preview of the next episode.

haha have you never watched TUF before? They over hype everything to death & it turns out pretty crap. Looks at TUF Brazil, huge hype re: Chael/Wanderlie fight in the gym then when the episode aired(and we got to see the footage) I was like "thats it?"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

I tune in for the special Gillette shaving scenes every week.....

They were fairly subtle, don't know how you copped them :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭Cyber Ghost

Last few fights have been appalling.

That redneck from Kentucky was awful. Got beat on his feet by a guy training MMA for 7 months and couldn't defend a takedown to save his life.

Nothing interesting happening in the house either.

Link to mad spinning (kick/armbar attempt)
    That was the funniest part of the fight!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 thirdtime

has the quality of TUF stars gone down in recent seasons??

also how good is Chris Fields? He doesn't appear to be aggressive and got into the competition by a fluke

• Registered Users Posts: 39,098 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

thirdtime wrote: »
    also how good is Chris Fields? He doesn't appear to be aggressive and got into the competition by a fluke

He was injured going into that fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

He had a broken rib, I think, before his fight. I reckon that's why Team Penn have kept him back because he's injured. I would say he's better than most in that house. He has experience and a title, albeit in a non-UFC organization. His kicks are terrifying though. Expect to see him throw them all through the fight.

Mellor wrote: »
    He was injured going into that fight.

Is he was that injured he wouldn't have fought

• Advertisement

Is he was that injured he wouldn't have fought

Dunno how serious the injury was but it was either fight or miss out on a chance to get into the ufc.

Advertisement