Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

YEAY!! I'm in the good books with my parents, first time since I was 18 :D
    And it's all thanks to cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Soooooo peed off..

Missed an important day of college due to car being in garage..
    Get a call off garage to pick up car..

"We found the error codes on diagnostics, but only nissan can fix them- that's 50euro please"

Fuuuuhhhhhhh-50euro to a pregger student is loike millions to everyone else..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

careymary wrote: »
    I hate when anything happens to your fave clothes, its horrible, does make you think about how much you wear them tho!

Or when they're finally completely worn out and you're going "Why the hell didn't I buy, like, five of them at the time?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭careymary

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Or when they're finally completely worn out and you're going "Why the hell didn't I buy, like, five of them at the time?"

I actually did that with shoes before, they were the most comfy black flats and I wore them all the time when I went to get a second pair they were on sale and had 2 left in my size, I bought them both, best idea I ever had, but I was so sad when they were all worn out, :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Fishie wrote: »
    I just got a call from someone in HR

HR: I’m just about to book your flights to Hong Kong, could you send me your passport number?
    Me: Ooh, I’m going to Hong Kong? :)
    HR: Oh sorry, I got you mixed up with someone else! Nevermind
    Me: :(

Hong Kong is rubbish anyway.. er, probably. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Honey-ec wrote: »

Omg the one with the fireman....SWOON!!

Acoshla, is that your fiance?? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Get your bellybutton pierced and be all like "yeah, retro". Flashin the abs!

Although speaking of clothes getting snug - I've gone from a 6 being a little on the loose side, to it being just snug. If I keep up this appitite this phat ass will be in 8s sooner rather than later.

Oh no! Heaven forbid you'd have to buy size 8 clothes! THE HORROR!!!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

im size 14 so there

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Get your bellybutton pierced and be all like "yeah, retro". Flashin the abs!

Although speaking of clothes getting snug - I've gone from a 6 being a little on the loose side, to it being just snug. If I keep up this appitite this phat ass will be in 8s sooner rather than later.

I assume the baby in your belly may cause you to need bigger clothes :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I'm a size 16, I are winner!!! :pac:

• Advertisement

Links234 wrote: »
    I'm a size 16, I are winner!!! :pac:

Get out! And Bluewolf too. I have seen both of your pictures and ye both look a lot slimmer! I find clothes sizes very misleading though. Someone can take the same size as you but look a different weight. Ye both look great though!

I've gone from a 10/12 to a 14/16 in the last year. :( Meeting my counselor soon though for a pre-session thing. Hopefully get into healthy eating habits soon.

Also need to get back into exercise big time >_<

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

im 5'8 and have a "large frame" by the elbow/wrist measurement so i suppose it's different
    my 14 jeans also need belts and will come down over my hips without being unbuttoned :pac:
    i have a target weight though and once i hit that ill be happy whether it's a 12 or not

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I find clothes sizes very misleading though.

I'm generally a size ten.
    But I have been known to go to work wearing size 12 trousers, size 10 undies, a size 8 blouse and a size 14 coat. Stupid clothes. :confused:

I think it's a lot to do with the clothes you wear too. I would never wear anything tight around the belly. If I did I would look like a whale! But I guess I wear loose fitting tops to hide it.

I think any woman can look great if she just wears the right clothes for her size. It just makes me cringe when you see bigger girls in tiny tight dresses that do nothing for them! Makes them look twice as big as they are you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Seomra Mushie

bluewolf wrote: »
    im 5'8 and have a "large frame" by the elbow/wrist measurement so i suppose it's different

That wrist measurement dealie is nutso.

I THINK I'm medium going by measuring tape, but I always find it tricky to do.

And on the finger test, some sites say if your middle finger and thumb meet, you're medium framed, whilst others say it's the index finger and thumb that have to meet. If it's the former, I'm medium-framed, if it's the latter I'm large-framed fo sho.

And on the finger test, some sites say if your middle finger and thumb meet, you're medium framed, whilst others say it's the index finger and thumb that have to meet. If it's the former, I'm medium-framed, if it's the latter I'm large-framed fo sho.

meet how? like the tips? :confused::confused:
    of course all my fingers meet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I think it's a lot to do with the clothes you wear too. I would never wear anything tight around the belly. If I did I would look like a whale! But I guess I wear loose fitting tops to hide it.

I think any woman can look great if she just wears the right clothes for her size. It just makes me cringe when you see bigger girls in tiny tight dresses that do nothing for them! Makes them look twice as big as they are you know?

There's a girl who works with me and she looks pregnant the way she wears her clothes. But she's not. Or else she's been pregnant for 2 years :D

She's a stunning girl but just the clothes let her down.

I saw a dress I love on missselfridge.com but can't trust any shops anymore for sizes and they don't have it in store to try it on. So bummed out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

It just makes me cringe when you see bigger girls in tiny tight dresses that do nothing for them! Makes them look twice as big as they are you know?

Or worse, when girls who are already tiny try and squaz themselves into jeans that are even smaller and only succeed in giving themselves a muffin top when they're actually not even fat. I really don't understand that :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Get out! And Bluewolf too. I have seen both of your pictures and ye both look a lot slimmer! I find clothes sizes very misleading though. Someone can take the same size as you but look a different weight. Ye both look great though!

well you can't get any idea of my height from that pic, and tbh, I'm a tall one ;)

also, you can't see my appalling gut in the pic either, which I really hope to work off soon :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Krudler that's badly behaved kids, not one of my aunts or uncles has ever, EVER, looked sleep deprived, and their kids don't pull things over in public, they don't screech, nothing, because they are so well behaved and value their lives. It's all in the parenting. I worked in a shop that had a high proportion of spoiled kids coming in on a regular basis (shop for rich parents basically) and the behaviour I used to see, my God. Grown men and women treating their children like Messiahs while the child lay on the floor screaming and completely controlling the situation, idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭MissElle

Acoshla wrote: »
    Krudler that's badly behaved kids, not one of my aunts or uncles has ever, EVER, looked sleep deprived, and their kids don't pull things over in public, they don't screech, nothing, because they are so well behaved and value their lives. It's all in the parenting. I worked in a shop that had a high proportion of spoiled kids coming in on a regular basis (shop for rich parents basically) and the behaviour I used to see, my God. Grown men and women treating their children like Messiahs while the child lay on the floor screaming and completely controlling the situation, idiots.

I see kids like this all the time where I work, the parents just let the kids run riot, I don't understand it! :confused:

Hope everyone is having a nice day :) I start placement tomorrow and I am just sooo nervous :( Ive been awake til 4 in the morning the last two nights, can't sleep with the worry. Bah stupid nerves!

Links234 wrote: »
    well you can't get any idea of my height from that pic, and tbh, I'm a tall one ;)

also, you can't see my appalling gut in the pic either, which I really hope to work off soon :)

Your face looks very slim though if you get me! I have a pretty chubby face I think, double chin arrgghh.

I liked running before I moved here, but you can't run outside in Canada in the winter. So will have to just go around the indoor track, which doesn't interest me at all. But I'll try and give it a go! I've been using so many excuses not to go, the main one being if I'm inside I can't wear my hoody so need one of those things to strap my MP3 player to my arm :pac:

I find my gym excuses hilarious, sure the only person I'm making excuses to is myself! Just don't want to admit I'm lazy! Need the MP3 player though. It's been so long I am for sure back to week one of my running program >_<

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Gives me a size 16 top, size 10 skirt and size 12 dress. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Oh no! Heaven forbid you'd have to buy size 8 clothes! THE HORROR!!!!!
    Excuse me? That's a lovely shade of bitch you're wearing today stench blossoms.

I've been making a serious effort of eating better and more since finding out I was pregnant, where do you see me complain about needing to buy size 8 clothes?

Excuse me? That's a lovely shade of bitch you're wearing today stench blossoms.

I've been making a serious effort of eating better and more since finding out I was pregnant, where do you see me complain about needing to buy size 8 clothes?

That'd be where you said your "phat ass" will need to buy size 8's storm.

Re: The fireman with the kitten, yep, that's like something my one would do alright!

Feeding time:

167_9293361557_715691557_748264_2124_n.jpg

meet how? like the tips? :confused::confused:
    of course all my fingers meet

If you were confused, why didn't you just Google it? :confused:

Placing your thumb and index/middle around your wrist.

If they overlap, you're small-framed.
    If they just touch, you're medium-framed.
    If they don't meet, you're large-framed.

It's just a rough guide, and like I said, I'm not sure if it's the index or middle finger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Yeah? Really? If that's the way you interperted it, aight. I personally don't care about a phat ass needing a size 8 - as long as the baby gets all it needs nutrientswise.

Way to jump all over something that wasn't even there.

• Advertisement

Acoshla wrote: »
    Feeding time:

Love teaching kitties how to eat and drink. My favourite part of kitten-rearing. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement