Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

When you bite the inside of your jaw whilst chewing food.

When sometimes for some reason if you are smoking a cigarette or rollie you go to remove it from your mouth after taking a pull but it sort of sticks to your lips and your two fingers slide down the cigarette and get burnt at the tip. It all happens very fast.

(also when you start smoking again after being a year off them.:(, will be off them again before easter break finishes.)

When you buy something fairly expensive and see it for half price only a few days later but have possibly already worn or used item so can't return it.

When the shower drain gets long hair tangled in it.

When you make toast and realise there is no butter left. OR:
    When somebody has left burnt toast crumbs or bits of food or ketchup all over the butter that you want to use on your spuds.

When you are really savouring some meal or treat and the last bit falls on the floor. Or when your dog or cat comes and nicks the last bit.

When due to attitude you calmly ask someone more than once if they have a problem with you in an effort to talk through it, they deny any such problem exists then go bitch about you behind your back.

When people try to skip ahead of you in a queue.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭NormalBob Ubiquitypants

It really annoys me when I'm watching television with someone who is criticising the programme, namely Mr Pumpkinseeds. I like that programme The Haunted Collector, now we both enjoy paranormal programmes but Mr P takes exception to this programme.

I'll be sitting there enjoying the programme and it gets to the bit where the guy asks if the client wants him to remove the object which may be causing the problem. It's at that point that Mr P becomes vocal on the subject, every single time. My mild mannered husband starts ranting 'thief, that guys a fcuking thief' Now admittedly the guy does take the stuff back to his private haunted musuem at his house, but like, whatever. I just like the programme. It's been cancelled now.

It annoys me those shows are given airtime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

It annoys me those shows are given airtime.
    Ahh, come on now, it's harmless entertainment, it sure as Hell beats sh*t like Ant and Dec and their ilk. As I said, it's been cancelled now anyway.

Ahh, come on now, it's harmless entertainment, it sure as Hell beats sh*t like Ant and Dec and their ilk. As I said, it's been cancelled now anyway.

You would be surprised how many people believe in this kind of spirit nonsense. Seriously.

You would be surprised how many people believe in this kind of spirit nonsense. Seriously.
    I know that a lot of vulnerable people are exploited by dubious people claiming to have psychic/medium abilities. What I'm talking about is just light entertainment tv and each programme opens by stating that the programme is for entertainment only. Personally I prefer paranormal programmes that approach the subject from a sceptical point of view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭czechlin

Czarcasm wrote: »
    You should be alright as long as you don't do what I saw some lads at yesterday - holding the gun sideways! It worked if you were trying to kill the enemy with cringe! :D

I'm failing at trying to imagine how is that done! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I don't real understand closing old threads that are resurrected, why not reply to something that's 10 years old?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,646 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Every music festival at the moment seems to be announcing acts apart from the one I want to announce acts, namely Electric Picnic, c'mon lads get on with it. :(

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭B00056718

Not sure if posted before.
    I'm normally a very calm person, but my wife has a habit of just dropping her plate in to the dishwasher just anywhere.
    Here is recent picture.
    Brings my dark side out every time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Being put in a really awkward position by someone.. no lads I don't mean anything rude. ;)
    I know a lad that comes into our shop every day who is over 18 and today he was buying alcohol and got asked for i.d., he didn't have it so got refused. He then came to my til because he recognised me from I.ding him before, and I after seeing this must also refuse the sale. So I of course now must ask him for I.d with the other girl eyeballing me and the security man staring at me.

deise08 wrote: »
    Being put in a really awkward position by someone.. no lads I don't mean anything rude. ;)
    I know a lad that comes into our shop every day who is over 18 and today he was buying alcohol and got asked for i.d., he didn't have it so got refused. He then came to my til because he recognised me from I.ding him before, and I after seeing this must also refuse the sale. So I of course now must ask him for I.d with the other girl eyeballing me and the security man staring at me.

I was asked for ID at Christmas, when I showed my licence I got WOOW

Complement to be asked, the wow was the knock back (I'm not that ****ing old! though I amn't that young haha)

It's a nice mild evening and I'd really like to sit in my front garden and have a coffee, but I won't because I know that there'll be another election candidate around the area canvassing again.

It's a nice mild evening and I'd really like to sit in my front garden and have a coffee, but I won't because I know that there'll be another election candidate around the area canvassing again.

ag caint faoi gealige gan doubt ;)

You sit out with a hose and as the come around hose them down and shout, "It's my water, I pissed in the ****ing tank" That should rid them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭shroom007

Street Performers who take ages to get to the performance and then its sh*t

The Gobsheens who write on the pavement and think its busking, being able to write is the least we should expect after 10-13yrs education

and last but not least "Statues" the human ones on the street that move when you pass and then stick a hand out or try give you a poxy lolly WTF

dont know what its like in the rest of the Country but its an epidemic in Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Mother fing housemates hoarding all the cutlery etc in their rooms. The dirty pr**ks. I nearly hit the roof when I sat down to my dinner and realised I had no utensils.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭GenieOz

shroom007 wrote: »
    Street Performers who take ages to get to the performance and then its sh*t

The Gobsheens who write on the pavement and think its busking, being able to write is the least we should expect after 10-13yrs education

and last but not least "Statues" the human ones on the street that move when you pass and then stick a hand out or try give you a poxy lolly WTF

dont know what its like in the rest of the Country but its an epidemic in Dublin

Oh good god yes. The street performers who spend 10 minutes beforehand asking people to give them money if they like it because god love them, it's all they have in this life.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

Fast food packaged in a way that makes it edible yet inedible.

Wrapped in a plasticy thing wrapped in another papery thing wrapped in a paper bag.

Then when you get to it its too hot to eat and covered in 5 litres of sauce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

Having to poo in the dark because the bulb in the toilet is gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

mauzo! wrote: »
    Having to poo in the dark because the bulb in the toilet is gone.

And trying to guess when you don't have to wipe anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

And trying to guess when you don't have to wipe anymore.

And that feeling when your fingers go straight through the paper and you can't even see the damage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭bronn

Elmo wrote: »
    ag caint faoi gealige gan doubt ;)

You sit out with a hose and as the come around hose them down and shout, "It's my water, I pissed in the ****ing tank" That should rid them.
    'Twould be more effective as gaeilge, though. ;) You'd think having done the ol' honours Irish to Leaving Cert, I could do better than, "Is é m'uisce... umm... er... FÚCK ÓFF, YA PÓX MÓR!" <---that counts, right? Fadas count.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I don't get how that was awkward? If you knew he was over 18 and had ID'd him before, could you not have said this? Sounds like he has more of a case to be annoyed than you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Sieveheads in the workplace - People that constantly forget things and forget to remind you that people were looking for you...Is it that hard to write it down??!!!

major bill wrote: »
    Sieveheads in the workplace - People that constantly forget things and forget to remind you that people were looking for you...Is it that hard to write it down??!!!

Ground control to Major Bill...

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    I don't get how that was awkward? If you knew he was over 18 and had ID'd him before, could you not have said this? Sounds like he has more of a case to be annoyed than you.

I had said. it could be the pope, but once asked for Id on a sale it must be shown. No id,no sale! I can't over ride another cashier. Instead of sayin to the lad go get your Id, they left him queue at my til. I asked them to tel the lad that, but no they said ask him for Id.
    I'm probably not explaining myself properly, but it was my colleagues put me in the awkward position.

I had said. it could be the pope, but once asked for Id on a sale it must be shown. No id,no sale! I can't over ride another cashier. Instead of sayin to the lad go get your Id, they left him queue at my til. I asked them to tel the lad that, but no they said ask him for Id.
    I'm probably not explaining myself properly, but it was my colleagues put me in the awkward position.

Jaysus I'd love a ride now.
    A long hard ride.
    Pity I don't have a bike though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Elmo wrote: »
    I don't real understand closing old threads that are resurrected, why not reply to something that's 10 years old?

I've always wondered that. You get a bollockin if you start a new thread that's already been started before, and a bollockin if you resurrect an old thread. That's too much bollockin.

The sounds my OH makes when she is eating a Twister ice pop. She sounded like a thoroughly satisfied lover yesterday walking down the street.

I hate people who make any sort of noise when they are eating.

I also hate people who stare at the food they're eating while they're eating it.

I also hate people who look at me while we're eating together in silence. Especially when they look at me and smile, for some reason.

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Niall Boylan is on Classic Hits 4fm way too much. Sometimes I enjoy his show but twice a day, five days a week is over kill. He'll become the new Joe Duffy.

I don't like him. He is way too opinionated for a radio phone-in show presenter and his opinions are usually absolute bollocks.

That I don't know what the aardvark thread is for.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

People who stare at you, for no (apparent) reason.
    I was doing some grocery shopping on Tuesday, as I turned away from a shelf, I saw a woman across the way staring at me. She only stopped when I glanced at her.
    Now I did get my hair cut the previous day, so maybe my hairdresser cut a shape into the back that I don't know about, a funny face or a streak of pink :D.
    I also dislike when eating out, people coming into the restaurant who almost put their head onto your plate. I don't mean someone glancing as they pass but a full-on gawp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

LynnGrace wrote: »
    People who stare at you, for no (apparent) reason.
    I was doing some grocery shopping on Tuesday, as I turned away from a shelf, I saw a woman across the way staring at me. She only stopped when I glanced at her.
    Now I did get my hair cut the previous day, so maybe my hairdresser cut a shape into the back that I don't know about, a funny face or a streak of pink :D.
    I also dislike when eating out, people coming into the restaurant who almost put their head onto your plate. I don't mean someone glancing as they pass but a full-on gawp.

Some people love a good gape. I find it very rude if someone is gawking at you or something that is yours unashamedly. They seem totally oblivious and just stand there, slackjawed, taking it all in. On a couple of occasions I've asked if everything was ok and on one in particular I asked if they would like to take a photo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

reading the last few pages all at once...many of your issues solved if you stopped smoking and stopped watching tv....easy!

mine, many of thm re packaging on food, will be solved when the cast comes off my wrist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

gramar wrote: »
    Some people love a good gape. I find it very rude if someone is gawking at you or something that is yours unashamedly. They seem totally oblivious and just stand there, slackjawed, taking it all in. On a couple of occasions I've asked if everything was ok and on one in particular I asked if they would like to take a photo.

I completely read that the wrong way...Even for AH I was shocked...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I completely read that the wrong way...Even for AH I was shocked...:(

Least I wasn't the only one then :o

Graces7 wrote: »
    reading the last few pages all at once...many of your issues solved if you stopped smoking and stopped watching tv....easy!

mine, many of thm re packaging on food, will be solved when the cast comes off my wrist.

Sounds like something my mother would say.......

Nahh, far as I know both her wrists are in working order :pac:

:eek: Pass the sick bucket! Mental images :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Sorry Deise08, that drive me nuts, left instead of let:D

Also people saying something like "I left it inside in my car", its IN or INSIDE, not both

I stand to be corrected on this, of course

People sucking the bejaysus out of those new cigarettey things, you know, just steps away from the exit of a building.........suck, sucketty SUCK.......aaaaah

Surely you can wait three more seconds;)

There's a woman in front of me right now trying to sing to her toddler, but she cant sing, she doesnt know the words, and she just keeps repeating the first line.

Itsy bitsy spider

Itsy bitsy spider

Itsy bitsy spider

Itsy bitsy spider

Itsy bitsy spider

Itsy bitsy spider

Itsy bitsy spider

Itsy bitsy spider

Itsy bitsy spider

Its incy wincy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let him climb up the fuucking spout!!!

Honestly! the only thing that is itsy is Itsy weeny yellow polka dot bikini.

Sorry eisenberg. ;)
    That must be the Waterfordian in me :)

• Advertisement

Aggressive greeters. I had to bring 1 of our cats to the vet this morning, he's got an injured paw and is so sore the vet has to sedate him. So I'm waiting for a call from the vet to see how he is and when I can collect him.

I was just walking home, lost in my own thoughts, and some old fella in his 60's, said 'good morning' to me. I've never seen him before and I just smiled and said 'good morning' back to him.

I'd only gone about 2 steps when he shouts back aggressively 'I said good morning':mad: So I stopped and turned around, he'd stopped in the street and was waiting for a response. So I said 'so did I' and off he went. I'm really sorry I didn't tell him to fcuk off and die:mad::mad:

Sorry eisenberg. ;)
    That must be the Waterfordian in me :)

I may be wrong but I thought 'bla' was used to refer to people from Waterford?

Aggressive greeters. I had to bring 1 of our cats to the vet this morning, he's got an injured paw and is so sore the vet has to sedate him. So I'm waiting for a call from the vet to see how he is and when I can collect him.

I was just walking home, lost in my own thoughts, and some old fella in his 60's, said 'good morning' to me. I've never seen him before and I just smiled and said 'good morning' back to him.

I'd only gone about 2 steps when he shouts back aggressively 'I said good morning':mad: So I stopped and turned around, he'd stopped in the street and was waiting for a response. So I said 'so did I' and off he went. I'm really sorry I didn't tell him to fcuk off and die:mad::mad:

He's obviously off his rocker. You get odd behaviour now and then and it's often only later you consider that the person may not be very well in the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

Men, men, men, men, manly men.... the theme tune to Two and A Half Men, trivial but yet so annoying. Once you hear it you can't get it out of your head.

He's obviously off his rocker. You get odd behaviour now and then and it's often only later you consider that the person may not be very well in the head.

I dont like crazy people :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Bummers, by that I mean, those people of a slightly nervous disposition, maybe in a queue in front or behind you, bumming, you know, humming, but making a bum sound " Bum bum dah da, bum bum de bum" to themselves, and the more agitated they get, the faster the bumming gets.

• Advertisement

Men, men, men, men, manly men.... the theme tune to Two and A Half Men, trivial but yet so annoying. Once you hear it you can't get it out of your head.

Well "thanks" for that!!!:mad::mad:

Here we go again: bus buddies

She said 'morning' and what did miss brains here did!?
    I said 'good morning' AND smiled! Well fcuk :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Bummers, by that I mean, those people of a slightly nervous disposition, maybe in a queue in front or behind you, bumming, you know, humming, but making a bum sound " Bum bum dah da, bum bum de bum" to themselves, and the more agitated they get, the faster the bumming gets.

Not quite bumming (trying to keep a straight face as I type this and all :D), but it reminded me of a girl yesterday that was standing so close to me in the queue in McDonalds that her breasts were sticking into my back! I thought to turn round and ask her to step back a bit, but then I figured if her tits are digging into my shoulders, chances are she's a lot taller than I am and may not take too kindly to being told keep her tits to herself! :o

Actually if I'm honest, there were a whole raft of perverted smart arse comments going round in my head, so I thought best just put up with the bra buster, all I wanted was a coffee black with none of that UHT "milk"...

Obvious train of thought is obvious :p

I may be wrong but I thought 'bla' was used to refer to people from Waterford?

sometimes but mainly it is a white roll with lots of flour.

Pillows. Our pillows have gone in the middle again. So I haven't been sleeping that well this week. I've got to buy some more this week. It doesn't seem to matter what brand or how cheap/expensive they are, they still go in the middle. I ordered 4 online last time and they'd already gone in the middle when I took them out of the packaging:mad:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement