Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

• 29-11-2012 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,449 ✭✭✭✭

Well no, not really. Maybe in the new year. :cool:

Since the other thread is pre-launch hype, rumours, speculation, buying info, etc., it's probably a good idea to start a new thread for talking about the console itself, now that some of you lucky sods have one sitting under your TV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Can those of us without come in here and troll and flame? :)

Whoever got one, hope it brings you much entertainment!

mine not here yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

GameStop broke street date :D

Playing nsmb u :)

5.55pm and manager broke lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Did you install the update? If you did how long did it take you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

You are lucky i dont know your name or what you look like :pac:

150px-Death_Note,_Book.svg.png

• Advertisement

Sorry lads I'm a lying bastard!!!

I did try getting it at 5.55pm though seen it though box looked soooo shiny I had to change my pants after physically seeing it from excitement :D

Sorry lads I'm a lying bastard!!!

I did try getting it at 5.55pm though seen it though box looked soooo shiny I had to change my pants after physically seeing it from excitement :D

That's it, reported for trolling :p.

Seriously, though, if anyone actually does get it, could they let us know how long the update takes to download.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

Deano7788 wrote: »
    Seriously, though, if anyone actually does get it, could they let us know how long the update takes to download.

Some UK owners that received theirs yesterday said they can't update until tomorrow as its not currently available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

wtlltw wrote: »
    Some UK owners that received theirs yesterday said they can't update until tomorrow as its not currently available.

Serves them right for trying to get ahead of the rest of us. :P

• Advertisement

There's a poster in the other thread that has downloaded it. It took 55 minutes with an 8MB connection

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Deano7788 wrote: »
    There's a poster in the other thread that has downloaded it. It took 55 minutes with an 8MB connection

Sorry didn't see this thread......Here's my post from the original Wii U launch thread.
    Just a heads up to all of you whom I assume will be updating your systems firmware tonight or tomorrow.
    After hearing and reading all the negatives about the slow update download and people bricking their consoles:rolleyes:.
    I can tell you I just updated mine on a pretty average 8MB connection and the whole process took about 55 mins.

Now it's time to explore;)

OK so now I just downloaded Uplay,Nano Assault and updated youtube,Netflix.Total time taken 15-20 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Is anyone else NOT planning on transferring their Virtual Console + WiiWare titles to their WiiU when they pick it up?

Offers no benefits apart from only needing a single console plugged in...might hold off unless they add Gamepad functionality to already purchased VC titles. (I have 170-odd, most of them free from the Connection Ambassador program :P )

Means I could play a Wii game on the TV while someone else uses the Gamepad for a WiiU title...and got so many Wii games to catch up on also...hmm....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Can you not use the console until you update the firmware?

Is anyone else NOT planning on transferring their Virtual Console + WiiWare titles to their WiiU when they pick it up?

Offers no benefits apart from only needing a single console plugged in...might hold off unless they add Gamepad functionality to already purchased VC titles. (I have 170-odd, most of them free from the Connection Ambassador program :P )

Means I could play a Wii game on the TV while someone else uses the Gamepad for a WiiU title...and got so many Wii games to catch up on also...hmm....

My sister is "borrowing" my Wii so I'll definitely be transferring my stuff over.

Can you not use the console until you update the firmware?

You can play it alright. Here's a link showing what to do:

http://www.nintendo-gamer.net/2012/11/20/that-annoying-day-one-wii-u-update-can-be-downloaded-in-the-background/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

When you transfer over your wii to wiiu dies it remove all your vc games etc?

wtlltw wrote: »
    When you transfer over your wii to wiiu dies it remove all your vc games etc?

Yeah they're gone from the Wii (although saying they die is a bit much. Think of it as more "moving house";))

How long until someone tests "toilet mode"? :)

CastorTroy wrote: »

Toilet mode?? What a load of S-Hite :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,575 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

'Spose i better move over to this thread now.

Still messing about setting it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Just updating now. Really bad form that its so slow. Nintendo need to sort this out going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,575 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

wes wrote: »
    Just updating now. Really bad form that its so slow. Nintendo need to sort this out going forward.

Is there any reason not to update?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,449 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Lots of missing apps (including miiverse) and you won't be able to go online, use the eshop etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Nollog

CastorTroy wrote: »

Did it with the update, just checked the range, no toileting actually occured, so I might still be beaten to that landmark.
    uPad reaches just past my door handle on the outside, and a small dark spot behind my printer which is beside the door handle on the inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Ol' Donie wrote: »

Is there any reason not to update?

No, best to update unless you want to play games first. Update on mine failed, so will try again later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I have one, but its packed away now will Judas day. Can I still post here? :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

EnterNow wrote: »
    I have one, but its packed away now will Judas day. Can I still post here? :o

Probably best for you to ignore this thread, it will just torment you for the next month. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I have one, but the Atlantic ocean is between me and it!

• Advertisement

I have one, but the Atlantic ocean is between me and it!

Want me to babysit it for you? :rolleyes:

Advertisement