Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The OnePlus 2 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

Ao wrote: »
    Apologies if it has already been mentioned in the thread but is anyone having issues with the sound on their 2 ?

The ringer and text alert are turned up full but still way below the sound level of the opo I had before were.
    Ive tried everything in the settings but to no avail.
    !!

I also find mind pretty low. I also tried everything and searched the forums to no avail :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭jimmyendless

Anyone think the OP2 is too big? I can't swipe from the left side of the screen without readjusting my grip. I don't know if this is a deal breaker yet as I only have it a week. What phones are smaller alternatives? Everything else about it is great tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Anyone think the OP2 is too big? I can't swipe from the left side of the screen without readjusting my grip. I don't know if this is a deal breaker yet as I only have it a week. What phones are smaller alternatives? Everything else about it is great tho.

Easy for me and I have small enough hands. You must have tiny hands or a weird way of holding it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭jimmyendless

Easy for me and I have small enough hands. You must have tiny hands or a weird way of holding it.

Ha, short thumbs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

What phones are smaller alternatives? Everything else about it is great tho.

Off the top of my head:
    The new oneplus x is 5"
    The sony experia Z3 is 5.2"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

Oneplus customer service is **** to put it nicely. DHL lost my phone and Oneplus are a joke managing. They keep asking for a non-existant complaint number from DHL. DHL informed me they handed my file over to Oneplus. Yet Oneplus need the non-existant complaint number from them. I havent heard from Oneplus in over a week.

Hopefully Paypal can resolve it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Lads does anyone have a recommendation for a good 2A or higher charger plug? Got my original one replaced as it was making a buzzing/hissing sound when plugged in and the replacement is making exactly the same noise so I cba going through another month long slog over another one.

I was looking at something like this because I've heard Anker brand stuff is good (I know Quick Charge isn't supported).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Jayop wrote:
    Maybe switch from flow to standard for a few days till it really starts to learn your typing style and predicting loads of words for you. Once it starts reading your mind like swiftkey can do then switch back to flow.

Lads does anyone have a recommendation for a good 2A or higher charger plug? Got my original one replaced as it was making a buzzing/hissing sound when plugged in and the replacement is making exactly the same noise so I cba going through another month long slog over another one.

Could it be your socket and not the plug??

padair wrote: »
    Could it be your socket and not the plug??

Tried it with a few different sockets (both with adapters and straight to the wall) and it hisses irrespective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭VivGrise

Quick question for anyone who's bought the OP2.. I'm hoping to but the phone through work, is it possible to see a VAT/taxes breakdown when you purchase it? Or is it possible to claim back the VAT on the phone?

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

VivGrise wrote: »
    Quick question for anyone who's bought the OP2.. I'm hoping to but the phone through work, is it possible to see a VAT/taxes breakdown when you purchase it? Or is it possible to claim back the VAT on the phone?

Thanks!

I dont think you get a receipt. Just an email (which doesn't have a breakdown, its just subtotal 399, shipping, grand total)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

Tried it with a few different sockets (both with adapters and straight to the wall) and it hisses irrespective.

So did mine but usually only when the phone was fully charged. It makes a really high pitched buzzing noise that is barely audible but enough so to be annoying. I just bought a USB-C charging cable on eBay and used a Samsung plug I had lying around. Does the job.

Devia wrote: »
    So did mine but usually only when the phone was fully charged. It makes a really high pitched buzzing noise that is barely audible but enough so to be annoying. I just bought a USB-C charging cable on eBay and used a Samsung plug I had lying around. Does the job.

Yeah I figured buying a replacement plug would be the handiest thing, it's not the noise that bugs me so much as the potential for it be faulty and damage the phone.

For anyone on Oxygen is scrolling on Chrome laggy/choppy, I had the same problem with my last OP2 before the RMA and I thought that it was down to the faulty battery but as this one is doing the same I'm wondering if this OP2 is faulty as well or it's just Oxygen being Oxygen.

I have the bootloader unlocked and the phone rooted with most of the excess apps frozen using Titanium. Kinda tempted to flash the CM 12.1 beta and see if its different but on the chance the phone is actually faulty that's my warranty gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Try exodus and flashing an oneplus doesn't void any warranty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Don't you lose the fingerprint unlock if you flash?

What has Exodus going for it over CM sentient_6?
    Jayop wrote: »
    Don't you lose the fingerprint unlock if you flash?

Apparently, I don't use it so I'm not fussed.

Apparently, I don't use it so I'm not fussed.

It's my favorite thing

I'd have taken Fast Charge over it, without NFC it feels kinda gimmicky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Not much in terms of stability as I believe exodus is cm based but I personally like the customisations, I had exodus for ages on my one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

I have my oneplus two a few weeks now and it seems to have developed this weird intermittent glitch. If I lock my phone and leave it for a few minutes it will make a sound like someone pressed the volume button on it. Just once. And it only happens intermittently. This happen to anyone else?

Edit: OK so it doesn't only happen when it's locked. And it's a full volume sound even when the volume is fully down.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

Not sure if asked, I have One Plus One and bought the One PLus 2, is there any option to move everything over so I have all my old texts etc on the new phone? Similar to what iTunes does on iphone? Thanks

Yeah the volume key is a bit of a tit of a thing. Sometimes it freezes when you're changing the volume and sometimes the screen will lock up so you need to lock and unlock the phone. That's really the only issue I've had with it so far and it's nothing major so hopefully they'll sort it at next update.

Redgirl, for texts I'm sure there's back up apps. I'm pretty sure Handcent SMS has a back up option so if you put that on your existing phone, back them up to the cloud then instal it on your new phone and DL them again it should work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭one man clappin

I have used SMS Backup and Restore from the play store. You can email a CSV file of your messages to your email address or save to google drive. Then on your new phone restore and install them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

One more question. I don't know if this is the right place for it but Google fit seems to detect driving my motorbike as cycling a lot of the time. Is this a known issue?

Never used Google Fit dude. I'm a lardass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Blacktie. wrote: »
    One more question. I don't know if this is the right place for it but Google fit seems to detect driving my motorbike as cycling a lot of the time. Is this a known issue?

I was at Metropolis festival at the weekend in the RDS and it said my dancing was cycling! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭burkey2k0

With the charger now being a USB-C, has anyone found where to get decent and reasonably priced extra charger cables and/or adapters? I've an absolute rake of cables around the place for handiness/laziness (Some up to 3m in length) and the thought of having to replace them all is killing me. From doing searches the cables seem to come in at $20 and adapters at $10, which ain't cheap.

Have ordered the Oneplus 2 but not sure if I'll keep it or just sell it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

burkey2k0 wrote: »
    With the charger now being a USB-C, has anyone found where to get decent and reasonably priced extra charger cables and/or adapters? I've an absolute rake of cables around the place for handiness/laziness (Some up to 3m in length) and the thought of having to replace them all is killing me. From doing searches the cables seem to come in at $20 and adapters at $10, which ain't cheap.

Have ordered the Oneplus 2 but not sure if I'll keep it or just sell it.

I haven't looked for cables, but the adapter of any usb plug will work

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭burkey2k0

Ah, no I meant an adapter on the phone end. To turn the micro USB connection at the phone end into a USB-C type to suit the OnePlus 2. So you can use existing cables.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

burkey2k0 wrote: »
    Ah, no I meant an adapter on the phone end. To turn the micro USB connection at the phone end into a USB-C type to suit the OnePlus 2. So you can use existing cables.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B013RMG5S8?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00

They have gone up a bit in price since I ordered them (they were 4.99 sterling then) but they are still fairly cheap - and do the job changing all those micro usb cables into one plus 2 friendly ones

Advertisement