Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Black Sails [Starz - US] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I loved Rackham's impersonation of Max. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

ixoy wrote: »
    I loved Rackham's impersonation of Max. :D

That legitimately made me laugh out loud. :P

You know he has been holding that in his pocket for a few seasons now. I'm betting he does one of all the cast. I really want to hear his version of Charles Vane. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,875 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The last 10 minutes were just amazing.

I can't believe there are only two episodes left now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Another captivating episode, really showing how to finish a serier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,282 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I assume the finale will be longer than an hour. Seems like a show that would do that.

Great reaction from Jack "Mm-hmm". As if to say "I really expected nothing less"

Who is the guy Billy let live? I'm drawing a blank.

Looking forward to the finale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Jaysus that was great. This time next week will be a sad occasion folks. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Jaysus that was great. This time next week will be a sad occasion folks. :(

I'm actually just so happy that shows like Black Sailz, Spartacus, Banshee, etc over the last few years are all ending on a high rather than be dragged through the mud until they resemble an embarrassing caricature of what they once were and go out with a pathetic whimper rather than satisfying bang (eg. Dexter)

It's great that they are getting to go out on a high but I'll still be disappointed that we don't get to see this cast do Treasure Island to finish off the story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

CastorTroy wrote: »

Who is the guy Billy let live? I'm drawing a blank.

Ben Gunn.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I think Black Sails and Spartacus had a great advantage of having a clear finish story line so the writers can aim for that. Sons of Anarchy had a clear finish but they added a load of filler episodes at the networks request.

• Advertisement

Really loved the finale a great ending to a great series.

Is it already out in the wilds?Usually airs tonight.

Is it already out in the wilds?Usually airs tonight.

It's up on the Starz streaming site.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭fitz

Satisfying conclusion to a brilliant piece of storytelling.

That was just Beautiful!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Great finale that did the series justice; couldn't​ believe it was 70 minutes, absolutely flew by. Question now is which is the best treasure island movie so i can finish out the story properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

I thought it was a poor, by the book finale really. Very happy ever after in a show that prided itself on being grey. Cop out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭Harika

Great ending to the series, I would really wish they would now take the cast and implement them into a treasure island mini series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,549 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

had to look up who 'Mark' Read was because it was obvious it was a woman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Friend of mine works in vfx his company worked on Black Sails.

https://vimeo.com/205076361
    You'd be be surprised how much vfx there are in tv shows.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Excellent finale - good endings for all characters. I wasn't expecting a happy ending for Flint!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NTC

Loved it.

Great finish.

It would be great if there was some spin offs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Really has been a great show. The first season took a while to find its feet but its been excellent ever since. Always thought the dialogue was superb throughout the show, Silver and Rackhams speeches in the end were really lovely. I thought in particular Topy Stephens played a blinder as Flint.

A treasure island follow up would be great, a once off or a mini series.
    JohnK wrote: »
    Great finale that did the series justice; couldn't​ believe it was 70 minutes, absolutely flew by. Question now is which is the best treasure island movie so i can finish out the story properly.

The one that sky produced a few years ago was "ok". Thats the last one I've watched in any case.
    Would love to see a good version of it myself, if anyone can recommend one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

So sad its over, but it had to end.

I downloaded a copy of Treasure Island last night...obviously its time to finally read it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,275 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

While i'm a bit disappointed with the happy ending for nearly everyone (including Billy, thought he'd get a horrible end by Flints hands), overall it's an amazing series. Didn't quite have the punch that Spartacus had, but it was very different so can't really be compared.

Although, with all the open ends (and not remembering anything about Treasure Island), it appears that they're leaving it wide open for a TI sequel. Like, if i'm not mistaken, isn't Billy on the same island that Flint is "incarcerated" on? So that leave a potential story open there (would be typical of Flints luck that his man would get killed soon after they met up). Also, why was he sent to that "prison"? Maybe i missed it, but i can't remember why they would have pretended to have him killed and then hide him away, was it intentional on someones part to set Flint off on his path? If so, who?!

I probably should watch it again...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,549 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Billy Bones had to survive as he is in Treasure Island

While i'm a bit disappointed with the happy ending for nearly everyone (including Billy, thought he'd get a horrible end by Flints hands), overall it's an amazing series. Didn't quite have the punch that Spartacus had, but it was very different so can't really be compared.

Although, with all the open ends (and not remembering anything about Treasure Island), it appears that they're leaving it wide open for a TI sequel. Like, if i'm not mistaken, isn't Billy on the same island that Flint is "incarcerated" on? So that leave a potential story open there (would be typical of Flints luck that his man would get killed soon after they met up). Also, why was he sent to that "prison"? Maybe i missed it, but i can't remember why they would have pretended to have him killed and then hide him away, was it intentional on someones part to set Flint off on his path? If so, who?!

I probably should watch it again...
    Yes you probably should. The answer to your question is detailed in the prelude scenes from previous episodes and the first opening scene. Particularly what he's saying and who Tom Morgan is looking for.

Those scene between John and Madi leading and the Plantation scene was just amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,983 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

so Flint sees the love of his life was alive but wouldn't give up the location of the Treasure?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

I just finished reading Treasure Island. I had to know how it all ended. It does wrap things up fairly well.

Give it a read if you never have, it's short and the language isn't too difficult (it was written for children).

• Advertisement

so Flint sees the love of his life was alive but wouldn't give up the location of the Treasure?

But he didn't know exactly where it was buried, he went off when yerman was burying it and shot yerman when he was going to kill Silver, I thought that that was an important bit of character for Flint, that he'd give up the treasure for his friends.

Advertisement