Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Sails [Starz - US] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

I'd say Vane versus Low is gonna happen down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

duridian wrote: »
    I'd say Vane versus Low is gonna happen down the line.

Yup, definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

The poor little dairy goat. No manners these guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

great show, great episode, love all the scheming, the flashbacks are intriguing too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

I just discovered Black Sails a few weeks ago and been really enjoying it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,447 ✭✭✭squonk

I'm really enjoying having this back myself. The last pirate related show I had in my brain was Crossbones and it's easy to see already with Season 2 of Black Sails how far superior it is to that show. Great to have it back!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭satguy

WOW !!! ,, This weeks episode was a humdinger,,

I grabbed it in full 1080p, all 3.7GB of it,, and watched it fullscreen with VLC on my 40 inch full HD TV..

It's the best show on TV at the moment, and Sunday morning has become my " Tea, Toast, and Captain Flint Morning " ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

wow usually shows are predictable in which characters they're going to get rid of but I didn't see that assassination coming. It was actually a pity as I was digging that character. Anyway I think flint is being a bit reckless here and hope Vane and Guthrie win the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Must say that when I predicted Vane vs Low last week I did not expect them to face off this soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Season two has been great so far, enjoying it a lot more than season 1. Shame the showdown with Vane and Low wasn't a bit longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Been watching this since the start of Season 1, the show is in no way groundbreaking or a must watch and has hackneyed acting at times, but it is something nice on a Sunday to unwind with and not to take seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Excellent Episode, Season 2 has been very strong so far.Loved how the fight wasn't so one sided.

Looking forward to next week.I'm routing for both sides.

As regards next week - Vane is no lover of the land - if Flint even appears to be getting the upper hand, Vane will up sticks and sail for Carolina looking for his ransom money.
    Nice bargaining on his part - in return for everything, "I'll give you a head-start". Head off more like it.

I get annoyed by the actor playing Vane.

The loud nasal whisper is odd. I keep wanting to tell him to clear his throat.

:cool:

InTheTrees wrote: »
    I get annoyed by the actor playing Vane.

The loud nasal whisper is odd. I keep wanting to tell him to clear his throat.

:cool:

Rather you than me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭satguy

S02E04 1080p,,, Come to Daddy,, 3 more hours to wait...

Woa... cliff hanger. Not the way i thought things would go. Now I have to wait till next week...

:(

InTheTrees wrote: »
    Woa... cliff hanger. Not the way i thought things would go. Now I have to wait till next week...

:(

cliff hanger, unless you got the 'scences from next week' in the version you watched :/

As regards next week - Vane is no lover of the land - if Flint even appears to be getting the upper hand, Vane will up sticks and sail for Carolina looking for his ransom money.
    Nice bargaining on his part - in return for everything, "I'll give you a head-start". Head off more like it.

he needs a ship... if flint had a spare one to give him im sure he'd take it in return for the fort, but that might be where mr pencil moustache comes in.

he needs a ship...

Yes, I'm sure Vane in need would join the nearest orderly queue. He cuts heads off psychopaths when there's nothing better to do. He'll take one and give the previous owner a rubber duck or a job. Someone needs to get that girl to Ashe and have a high seas battle or whatever. The plot should make sure he gets his wee boat.

• Advertisement

Yes, I'm sure Vane in need would join the nearest orderly queue. He cuts heads off psychopaths when there's nothing better to do. He'll take one and give the previous owner a rubber duck or a job. Someone needs to get that girl to Ashe and have a high seas battle or whatever. The plot should make sure he gets his wee boat.

wtf is this about?

wtf is this about?

He has the daughter of Lord Ashe in his care. He intends to ransom her. He recently chopped a bad lads head off and displayed it in public. Are you on season 2 ?

He has the daughter of Lord Ashe in his care. He intends to ransom her. He recently chopped a bad lads head off and displayed it in public. Are you on season 2 ?

I just thought perhaps you could take it down a notch or twenty.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Nzinga

My reaction to tonight's show, what!!! what!!! what!!! Flint and Thomas! Never crossed my mind! It took me a minute to wrap my brain around what I was seeing. Great episode, outstanding acting no writing. Can't wait for next week!

Wh....????

Ok...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Wow, great twist and ending there, I'm guessing the next episode is mainly the fight between the 2 captains, just 3 episodes to go :) I think I saw that it was renewed for next season.

Well, that's one in the neck for anybody complaining about rampant lesbianism. Equal rights for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,983 ✭✭✭conorhal

Clareman wrote: »
    Wow, great twist and ending there, I'm guessing the next episode is mainly the fight between the 2 captains, just 3 episodes to go :) I think I saw that it was renewed for next season.

Was flint knocking boots with Mrs. Barlow, I can't actually remember if they did or if it was just implied that they were lovers?
    If they were then this latest twist is idiotic, if they weren't then their 'relationship' was a fantastic and subtle bit of misdirection.

The series has been renewed for a third season, I'm extatic, it's been brilliant this year, practically every episode has been full of action, jawdropping twists and clifhangers. Black Sails is easily the most entertaining show on at the moment.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

conorhal wrote: »
    Was flint knocking boots with Mrs. Barlow, I can't actually remember if they did or if it was just implied that they were lovers?
    If they were then this latest twist is idiotic, if they weren't then their 'relationship' was a fantastic and subtle bit of misdirection.

The series has been renewed for a third season, I'm extatic, it's been brilliant this year, practically every episode has been full of action, jawdropping twists and clifhangers. Black Sails is easily the most entertaining show on at the moment.

I don't think it was ever shown, just alluded to, bit like the scene in the carriage, ffs I didn't get it when yerman was sent to the Psyco Ward or his father was alluding to it or when Flint was being kicked out of the navy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,983 ✭✭✭conorhal

Clareman wrote: »
    I don't think it was ever shown, just alluded to, bit like the scene in the carriage, ffs I didn't get it when yerman was sent to the Psyco Ward or his father was alluding to it or when Flint was being kicked out of the navy

I know, all I could think was, over an affair? Are you kidding, sure the aristocracy were all at that, then I was all, like, ...Ooooh! as the penny dropped.

I was sure however that Flint and Elanor were lovers, but perhaps it was just implied, with this show they could have been butt nekked in a threesome with the dairy goat in one scene earlier in the season and I'd probably have forgotten, there's so much banging going on that it would just have been lost in the fog of nudity.

Advertisement