Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Black Sails [Starz - US] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,312 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Good start to the season. Flint and Silver working together is enjoyable.

I wouldn't have minded a recap at the beginning of the episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Excellent stuff. This is obviously the start of the real junior / senior partnership between Long John / Flint that was hinted at in Treasure Island.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Good show this, really fill the void of mindless violence & nudity left by Spartacus :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Did anyone watch Crossbones as well as this? I enjoyed this more and only stuck a few episodes of crossbones before I gave up

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I tried to watch Crossbones a couple of times but I just couldn't get into it so I dropped it fairly quickly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

the best theme music ever is back

did they recast the ships accounting guy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

the best theme music ever is back

did they recast the ships accounting guy

I think they just shaved his hair off :p

Edit: ...No you're right they did recast

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

Jannes is overcoming brain cancer, which flared up suddenly late 2013, sadly forcing him to leave the cast of Black Sails. When asked about this time he says, "Well two things happened: I got my big break... and then I broke. But I'm blessed to have had the experience. It was like winning the career lottery. I met some great people and made lifelong friends."

Source

Terribly sad for the actor.

Flipping heck! Great episode and
    Billy Fecking Bones!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭satguy

Really great episode this weekend,, This new captain seems to be a bit of a nutter, only two weeks in and he has already
    wiped out one crew, and beheaded some guy down the local bar. If he keeps that up, he'll be barred from that bar, OH wait, I think he killed the doorman after the beheading so maybe he'll be ok for a pint next weekend after all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

I'd say Vane versus Low is gonna happen down the line.

duridian wrote: »
    I'd say Vane versus Low is gonna happen down the line.

Yup, definitely.

The poor little dairy goat. No manners these guys.

great show, great episode, love all the scheming, the flashbacks are intriguing too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

I just discovered Black Sails a few weeks ago and been really enjoying it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,732 ✭✭✭squonk

I'm really enjoying having this back myself. The last pirate related show I had in my brain was Crossbones and it's easy to see already with Season 2 of Black Sails how far superior it is to that show. Great to have it back!

WOW !!! ,, This weeks episode was a humdinger,,

I grabbed it in full 1080p, all 3.7GB of it,, and watched it fullscreen with VLC on my 40 inch full HD TV..

It's the best show on TV at the moment, and Sunday morning has become my " Tea, Toast, and Captain Flint Morning " ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

wow usually shows are predictable in which characters they're going to get rid of but I didn't see that assassination coming. It was actually a pity as I was digging that character. Anyway I think flint is being a bit reckless here and hope Vane and Guthrie win the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Must say that when I predicted Vane vs Low last week I did not expect them to face off this soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Season two has been great so far, enjoying it a lot more than season 1. Shame the showdown with Vane and Low wasn't a bit longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Been watching this since the start of Season 1, the show is in no way groundbreaking or a must watch and has hackneyed acting at times, but it is something nice on a Sunday to unwind with and not to take seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Excellent Episode, Season 2 has been very strong so far.Loved how the fight wasn't so one sided.

Looking forward to next week.I'm routing for both sides.

As regards next week - Vane is no lover of the land - if Flint even appears to be getting the upper hand, Vane will up sticks and sail for Carolina looking for his ransom money.
    Nice bargaining on his part - in return for everything, "I'll give you a head-start". Head off more like it.

I get annoyed by the actor playing Vane.

The loud nasal whisper is odd. I keep wanting to tell him to clear his throat.

:cool:

InTheTrees wrote: »
    I get annoyed by the actor playing Vane.

The loud nasal whisper is odd. I keep wanting to tell him to clear his throat.

:cool:

Rather you than me.

S02E04 1080p,,, Come to Daddy,, 3 more hours to wait...

Woa... cliff hanger. Not the way i thought things would go. Now I have to wait till next week...

:(

InTheTrees wrote: »
    Woa... cliff hanger. Not the way i thought things would go. Now I have to wait till next week...

:(

cliff hanger, unless you got the 'scences from next week' in the version you watched :/

As regards next week - Vane is no lover of the land - if Flint even appears to be getting the upper hand, Vane will up sticks and sail for Carolina looking for his ransom money.
    Nice bargaining on his part - in return for everything, "I'll give you a head-start". Head off more like it.

he needs a ship... if flint had a spare one to give him im sure he'd take it in return for the fort, but that might be where mr pencil moustache comes in.

he needs a ship...

Yes, I'm sure Vane in need would join the nearest orderly queue. He cuts heads off psychopaths when there's nothing better to do. He'll take one and give the previous owner a rubber duck or a job. Someone needs to get that girl to Ashe and have a high seas battle or whatever. The plot should make sure he gets his wee boat.

• Advertisement

Yes, I'm sure Vane in need would join the nearest orderly queue. He cuts heads off psychopaths when there's nothing better to do. He'll take one and give the previous owner a rubber duck or a job. Someone needs to get that girl to Ashe and have a high seas battle or whatever. The plot should make sure he gets his wee boat.

wtf is this about?

wtf is this about?

He has the daughter of Lord Ashe in his care. He intends to ransom her. He recently chopped a bad lads head off and displayed it in public. Are you on season 2 ?

He has the daughter of Lord Ashe in his care. He intends to ransom her. He recently chopped a bad lads head off and displayed it in public. Are you on season 2 ?

I just thought perhaps you could take it down a notch or twenty.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Nzinga

My reaction to tonight's show, what!!! what!!! what!!! Flint and Thomas! Never crossed my mind! It took me a minute to wrap my brain around what I was seeing. Great episode, outstanding acting no writing. Can't wait for next week!

Wh....????

Ok...

Wow, great twist and ending there, I'm guessing the next episode is mainly the fight between the 2 captains, just 3 episodes to go :) I think I saw that it was renewed for next season.

Well, that's one in the neck for anybody complaining about rampant lesbianism. Equal rights for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,009 ✭✭✭conorhal

Clareman wrote: »
    Wow, great twist and ending there, I'm guessing the next episode is mainly the fight between the 2 captains, just 3 episodes to go :) I think I saw that it was renewed for next season.

Was flint knocking boots with Mrs. Barlow, I can't actually remember if they did or if it was just implied that they were lovers?
    If they were then this latest twist is idiotic, if they weren't then their 'relationship' was a fantastic and subtle bit of misdirection.

The series has been renewed for a third season, I'm extatic, it's been brilliant this year, practically every episode has been full of action, jawdropping twists and clifhangers. Black Sails is easily the most entertaining show on at the moment.

conorhal wrote: »
    Was flint knocking boots with Mrs. Barlow, I can't actually remember if they did or if it was just implied that they were lovers?
    If they were then this latest twist is idiotic, if they weren't then their 'relationship' was a fantastic and subtle bit of misdirection.

The series has been renewed for a third season, I'm extatic, it's been brilliant this year, practically every episode has been full of action, jawdropping twists and clifhangers. Black Sails is easily the most entertaining show on at the moment.

I don't think it was ever shown, just alluded to, bit like the scene in the carriage, ffs I didn't get it when yerman was sent to the Psyco Ward or his father was alluding to it or when Flint was being kicked out of the navy

• Advertisement

Clareman wrote: »
    I don't think it was ever shown, just alluded to, bit like the scene in the carriage, ffs I didn't get it when yerman was sent to the Psyco Ward or his father was alluding to it or when Flint was being kicked out of the navy

I know, all I could think was, over an affair? Are you kidding, sure the aristocracy were all at that, then I was all, like, ...Ooooh! as the penny dropped.

I was sure however that Flint and Elanor were lovers, but perhaps it was just implied, with this show they could have been butt nekked in a threesome with the dairy goat in one scene earlier in the season and I'd probably have forgotten, there's so much banging going on that it would just have been lost in the fog of nudity.

Flint swings both ways. Happens now, it happened then. Ever heard the saying "any port in a storm" ?

Flint swings both ways. Happens now, it happened then. Ever heard the saying "any port in a storm" ?

They certiantly have on flint's ship, the poor dairy goat!

Still, if that's the case then the impact of the latest revelations is somewhat muted and smacks of lazy sensationalism rather then a really clever bait and switch by the writers..

have we seen Ashe before not in England?

surely breaking Thomas out of prison/hospital would be easier then taking over the Island

another ep where nobody is going to do what they said they'd do

but hey go captain jack

• Advertisement

so all we got were two weeks of only slightly attacking the fort. We can safely assume there will be no new attack next week as the challenge to flints leadership will fail. I'm a bit disappointed.

Holy crap, double crossing everywhere. The scene between Vane and Eleanor was stunningly intense.

Billy, well played. Didn't just catch Dufresne out, you caught me out too!

Silver, well can't say that surprised me too much.

So who has Richard run into at the end? I think he's about to double cross Eleanor....

Not sure if I get why Billy Bones why told them of the reward for Flints capture if he was not to support going down the route himself.

Very interested in where Silver's plan is going. Still quite a number of episodes left.

was that the English?

getting fed up with yer one, she a pyscho, she killed one of your girls, get rid of her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Vane is one smart son of a bitch.Best character in the show and he was only in the episode for 10 seconds.

• Advertisement
Advertisement