Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

needaticket.ie

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

People have been giving out stink about this lot on liveline!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 903 ✭✭✭skaface

we bought 2 tickets to one direction in the o2 dublin for the 24th of january. we bought them on the 1st of october for 80 euro each, including a 10 euro charge, when they were only 35 to buy. the website seemed fairly decent so i bought them. we were told that they would be sent out a week before the concert. we emailed them a few times to say when they would be sent out because it was my daughters birthday a week ago. we got a reply saying "the tickets will be sent out a week before the concert" we then replied saying if there was any way possible that they could be sent sooner due to the birthday to which we got no reply. we eventually got through to the office in dublin to a gearóid yesterday who said that his resources would be in contact with him today or tomorrow. we rang them this evening and were told that none of their contacts could get tickets. he offered the full refund and a 25% golden handshake, which is not good enough as we now have no tickets for the concert. we have train tickets to dublin and a hotel booked as we were sure we were getting the tickets as they were advertised on the website, if they didn't have tickets they shouldn't have advertised them. i would not recomend them to anyone. our daughter is devastated.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

skaface wrote: »
    if they didn't have tickets they shouldn't have advertised them.

You're buying from a tout, there's not a lot more to be said. Never deal with an unofficial supplier for any product or service, you're just asking for trouble. Charging 3 times the face value should have been enough of a warning to stay away from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 903 ✭✭✭skaface

jor el wrote: »
    You're buying from a tout, there's not a lot more to be said. Never deal with an unofficial supplier for any product or service, you're just asking for trouble. Charging 3 times the face value should have been enough of a warning to stay away from them.

they sent a full refund today with an extra 80 euro, so its not bad i suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

jor el wrote: »

Disagree slightly, toutless.com, where fans sell tickets ONLY at face value or below is a excellent service, got loads of tickets for sold out gigs through them. Needamassiveprofit are touts though, avoid at all costs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,510 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

skaface wrote: »
    they sent a full refund today with an extra 80 euro, so its not bad i suppose.

You're the first person I've ever heard of to receive any refund of any value from that company....

Glad you were sorted out but consider yourself one of the very very few lucky ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 OutaScammer

Beware Needaticket - On the 22nd january 2012 I paid 490 E for 6No. Ireland v Scotland Six Nations tickets for game on 10th March 2012 - Needaticket took an additional 10 E for postage but never posted. Couple of days before event they rang and advised they would deliver to Hotel, so I gave address requesting they be there at certain time - no show. Rang them morning of event and they advised they would ring back and deliver later whichever pub we were in (now starting to smell a rat). They never rang - I Kept ringing and ringing and ringing but no answer and the tickets never showed - in the end I got a bit verbal with the ansaphone but what do they expect! Spoke with the IRFU and now discussing with National Consumer Agency of Ireland. Needaticket have said they will pay money back and claimed they rang but could not get through. But it has been a week now and no refund despite numerous invoices (via Paypal) and emails and calls. What about the Hotel costs, food, drink, etc? Who repays that? I warned them that if money not back by today I would let people know - DO NOT USE THEM THEY WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY AND GIVE NOTHING IN RETURN BUT EXCUSES.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 cavo89

I am in the same boat, ordered 2 Rihanna tickets off them last February(2011) which he then replied back to me 2 days before the date of the concert to say his supplier had let him down. It is now over a year and I am still trying to get the refund for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Bective

Three months ago, I paid needaticket €260 (more than twice the Ticketmaster price) for two normal tickets in the Davin stand at Croke Park for the May 2013 One Direction concert. The tickets still have not arrived and needaticket have so far failed to answer my queries by email and their phone was only taking voice messages.

I used needaticket only because because I was under pressure from my 13-year-old daughter who was upset after I failed to get through on the Ticketmaster website as soon as the tickets became available last May.

I am now considering bringing the matter to the attention of the National Consumer Agency and to journalists concerned with consumer issues.

My daughter is convinced, from hearsay among her friends, that the tickets will not arrive before the concert. Getting a refund is becoming an issue.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Bective wrote: »
    I have just tried to post a comment on Boards in relation to needaticket. I libelled no-one. I cannot understand why my comment, with real information about the failure of the service in my case, was not published.

I mistakenly thought that your website was an open forum and am therefore unlikely to bother you again.
    The post just above this one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Bective

Apologies for my second message above concerning needaticket. In writing it I mistakenly thought that I had received a message from boards.ie refusing to publish my first comment.

In reading this thread, I am dismayed by some of the stories I am reading about needaticket's failures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Disagree slightly, toutless.com, where fans sell tickets ONLY at face value or below is a excellent service, got loads of tickets for sold out gigs through them. Needamassiveprofit are touts though, avoid at all costs.
    I was wondering when toutless would be mentioned. People stung by sites like needaticket are really just paying a premium for not doing their research. ;)

Toutless. Great site. Never had an issue. Latest was a Fri-Sat swop for Fleetwood Mac, and actually ended up with better seats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35 briergirl

"I am now considering bringing the matter to the attention of the National Consumer Agency and to journalists concerned with consumer issues" Let me know how you get on

Im in the same boat as you, couldnt get tickets on Ticketmaster so bought 6 off NEEDATICKET, I spoken to them countless times and they guaranteed Id receive the tickets 2 weeks before the concert, I'm very worried now and have 3 10yrs old worried sick :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

People need to stop using these touts. I know there's pressure to bring kids to concerts but consider looking beyond the island for concerts. A Ryanair flight and 3* hotel with Ticketmaster booked tickets for Manchester/Liverpool/Birmingham/London/Paris will almost always work out cheaper and a more pleasant experience than risking heartbreak when tout sourced tickets fail to arrive..or are not genuine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

athtrasna wrote: »
    People need to stop using these touts. I know there's pressure to bring kids to concerts but consider looking beyond the island for concerts. A Ryanair flight and 3* hotel with Ticketmaster booked tickets for Manchester/Liverpool/Birmingham/London/Paris will almost always work out cheaper and a more pleasant experience than risking heartbreak when tout sourced tickets fail to arrive..or are not genuine.

Excuse me but what?!? Not everything in live can be had, they better learn sooner than later. If the tickets can't be got they can't be got. How can there be pressure? Seriously

Boskowski wrote: »
    Excuse me but what?!? Not everything in live can be had, they better learn sooner than later. If the tickets can't be got they can't be got. How can there be pressure? Seriously

Read the posts, so many people paying way over the odds, in most cases for tickets for their children. It's not for us to judge them, whether you approve or not .

My point is relevant for adults too, even at Ticketmaster prices better value can often be got by travelling to a UK/European venue instead

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

This thread is from 2007 originally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,510 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

If god forbid you ever are that desperate to use a tout at least use one of the sites like seatwave or guaranteed resellers.

Now ticket touts of all sorts are very low in my estimation but seatwave etc. are at least better than needaticket or premiertickets where you're transferring money blindly with no protection and a hope that you might receive your tickets or at least your money back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 celtic8890

Firstly I must say i have no affiliation with needaticket.ie but thought id post my recent experience with them. My wife bought Rugby tickets for the Ireland v Wales game as a Christmas gift. The tickets did not arrive and I must admit I was abit worried prior to the game.

The guy on the phone assured me he would meet me on the day of the game. True to his word he was there on the day and provided the tickets,he even provided me premium tickets which I wasn't expecting. I saw some negative stories about this Seller but just thought id post my recent experience with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

celtic8890 wrote: »
    Firstly I must say i have no affiliation with needaticket.ie but thought id post my recent experience with them. My wife bought Rugby tickets for the Ireland v Wales game as a Christmas gift. The tickets did not arrive and I must admit I was abit worried prior to the game.

The guy on the phone assured me he would meet me on the day of the game. True to his word he was there on the day and provided the tickets,he even provided me premium tickets which I wasn't expecting. I saw some negative stories about this Seller but just thought id post my recent experience with them.

€500 for Eng v Ire tickets!! Personally, I would consider this touting unless that's face value??

• Registered Users Posts: 16 celtic8890

"€500 for Eng v Ire tickets!! Personally, I would consider this touting unless that's face value??"

Never said it wasnt, my only point was I got the tickets I paid for without any issues and the tickets were better than expected.

Ive no affiliation as I said, but just thought Id share my recent experience with them.

Glad to hear your experience My heart is in my mouth about my 1D tickets

Did you get any joy out of Needaticket????

• Registered Users Posts: 1 silvaa

I bought my STANDING tickets on the 29th of NOVEMBER 2013 for the BSB concert (1st of April 2014) and after a lot of time waiting they didn't send the tickets to my address.
    They gave me the tickets on the venue YESTERDAY on the same day of the event! And as it was not bad enough, the man who gave me the tickets said that the STANDING tickets (the ones that I've bought more than 5 MONTHS in advance) were sold out!!!!!! This is crazy and I am very upset because I paid for something that I didn't have at the end.He gave me seating tickets, very bad ones and he told me that we will give me a partial refund.... very very bad never again....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Their pure chancers. They don't have the tickets they advertise. They wait for someone to buy then try source them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

People need to stop buying from them. They will keep getting away with this as long as people are crazy enough to keep giving them money.

Hurray got my 6 One Direction tickets in the post off Need a ticket today!!!! Very happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

briergirl wrote: »
    Hurray got my 6 One Direction tickets in the post off Need a ticket today!!!! Very happy
    How much where you scalped for?.

• Advertisement

Paid €93 for a ticket with face value of €84.50. Not bad really!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Five Lamps

briergirl wrote: »
    Paid €93 for a ticket with face value of €84.50. Not bad really!!!!

Remember if the concert is cancelled and they are giving a refund you'll only ever get the amount that is printed on the ticket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Why do people keep buying from touts??!! You are only feeding their "business"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭kiteman

Last year I bought 2 ticket for Andre Rieu from Needaticket.
    Firstly they posted the tickets to me for the wrong date,
    Secondly, a rep met me at the door of the 02 with my replacement tickets on the night.
    When we got inside, I can safely say we had the worst ticket in the entire place.
    Like an idiot I paid €360 for what I believed were good enough seats.
    Our tickets had complimentary printed on them.
    Obviously seats that were impossible to sell.
    When I complained to needaticket, I was eventually offered a refund of €50.00
    Knowing I was not going to get anywhere with these guys, I eventually accepted their offer, and guess what, 7 months later I'm still waiting for my €50
    Would I ever deal with these guys again, definitely not
    Would I recommend them, definitely not,

When I find how to upload photos I'll provide ones of the view we had and the ticket itself.

kiteman wrote: »
    Last year I bought 2 ticket for Andre Rieu from Needaticket.
    Firstly they posted the tickets to me for the wrong date,
    Secondly, a rep met me at the door of the 02 with my replacement tickets on the night.
    When we got inside, I can safely say we had the worst ticket in the entire place.
    Like an idiot I paid €360 for what I believed were good enough seats.
    Our tickets had complimentary printed on them.
    Obviously seats that were impossible to sell.
    When I complained to needaticket, I was eventually offered a refund of €50.00
    Knowing I was not going to get anywhere with these guys, I eventually accepted their offer, and guess what, 7 months later I'm still waiting for my €50
    Would I ever deal with these guys again, definitely not
    Would I recommend them, definitely not,

When I find how to upload photos I'll provide ones of the view we had and the ticket itself.

You're dealing with an online tout unfortunately.

Interesting that the ticket was marked as complimentary - these are usually given to media for giveaways or for assorted guest list people. They must have been working all their contacts to pull those ones in for you. If you still have the ticket stub - send the promoter an email with the details. They'll probably have a record who the tickets were issued to.

Five Lamps wrote: »

Interesting that the ticket was marked as complimentary - these are usually given to media for giveaways or for assorted guest list people. They must have been working all their contacts to pull those ones in for you. If you still have the ticket stub - send the promoter an email with the details. They'll probably have a record who the tickets were issued to.
    I'd say a lot of it is also selling tickets then looking for people on Done Deal etc. selling them, they buy from them and sell onto the buyer. That's why their tickets are never the actual seat numbers advertised.

Five Lamps wrote: »

I have a photo of the ticket and believe me I have gone down every avenue to try and get satisfaction, but no one is really interested.
    Need a ticket are a legit ticket marketing company, with an address in Capel st. I know this because thats where I posted back the tickets for the wrong date which were supplied initially.
    I wasn't expecting to get this sorted by posting it here, just spotted the thread and figured people should be warned about this shower of cowboys.

Thanks for the comments just the same.

Need a ticket are a legit ticket marketing company, with an address in Capel st.

An address in Capel Street means they exist. It does not make them a "legit ticket marketing company". Ticketmaster are the legit ticket agents for big concerts in Ireland and it's in their T&C that tickets cannot be resold. Need a ticket re-sell tickets at a higher price. That means the definition of something other than "a legit ticket marketing company".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

athtrasna wrote: »
    An address in Capel Street means they exist. It does not make them a "legit ticket marketing company". Ticketmaster are the legit ticket agents for big concerts in Ireland and it's in their T&C that tickets cannot be resold. Need a ticket re-sell tickets at a higher price. That means the definition of something other than "a legit ticket marketing company".

Actually it's the promoter who decides if tickets can be resold. Ticketmaster don't have a blanket prohibition on reselling if the promoter and the law allow it.
    http://www.ticketmaster.ie/legal/purchase.html?tm_link=tm_homeA_i_ourpolicy
    6.8 You may not resell or transfer your tickets if prohibited by law. In addition, Event Partners may prohibit the resale or transfer of tickets for some events. Any resale or transfer (or attempted resale or transfer) of a ticket in breach of the applicable law or any restrictions imposed by the Event Partner is grounds for seizure or cancellation of that ticket without refund or other compensation.

• Advertisement

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Actually it's the promoter who decides if tickets can be resold. Ticketmaster don't have a blanket prohibition on reselling if the promoter and the law allow it.
    http://www.ticketmaster.ie/legal/purchase.html?tm_link=tm_homeA_i_ourpolicy

That's a catch all as they sell across borders where actual reselling of tickets can be prohibited by law.

Promoters don't allow the resale of their tickets for a whole variety of reasons.

Update on my experience with Needaticket.

Following my post of july last I had a call from Needaticket the next day, claiming they sent me the €50 cheque etc etc.
    However following their own search with their bank, they admitted the cheque was never cashed.

Anyhow after several emails back and forward the sent to me a cheque for €50 plus a credit note for €150 to use against future tickets purchased from themselves.

After talking to them on the phone, to be very sure of what I was being offered, they agreed to let me have 2 tickets for Andre Rieu at the 02 dec 6th 2014 at a total cost to me of €100.
    This is based on me returning the cheque and the credit note to them.

So a good result for me and for needaticket also.

Thanks to boards.ie for providing the forum to air my grievance.

Update on my experience with Needaticket.

Following my post of july last I had a call from Needaticket the next day, claiming they sent me the €50 cheque etc etc.
    However following their own search with their bank, they admitted the cheque was never cashed.

Anyhow after several emails back and forward the sent to me a cheque for €50 plus a credit note for €150 to use against future tickets purchased from themselves.

After talking to them on the phone, to be very sure of what I was being offered, they agreed to let me have 2 tickets for Andre Rieu at the 02 dec 6th 2014 at a total cost to me of €100.
    This is based on me returning the cheque and the credit note to them.

So a good result for me and for needaticket also.

Thanks to boards.ie for providing the forum to air my grievance.

Following on from the above, I received by post today, 2 complimentary tickets to Andre Rieu from Needaticket.
    Thanks again to boards.ie for providing the forum to air my grievance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Don't know why you would bother using them again to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Following on from the above, I received by post today, 2 complimentary tickets to Andre Rieu from Needaticket.
    Thanks again to boards.ie for providing the forum to air my grievance.
    Do the tickets say complimentary on them?

Sam Mac wrote: »
    Don't know why you would bother using them again to be honest.

If you read my posts you'll see needaticket contacted me after I posted my comments here.
    They offered tickets for this years performance at a greatly reduced price, which I accepted.
    Fair play to them I believe.

daytob wrote: »
    Do the tickets say complimentary on them?

No, complimentary does not appear on them anywhere. They are descent seats in the upper tier block P

No, complimentary does not appear on them anywhere. They are descent seats in the upper tier block P
    So the cheapest seats in the house.

I wouldn't call them addressing your issue after seeing comments here as good service. I'd have seen dealing with it before you had to come here as doing that.

It must sicken them that if you search for needaticket on google that this thread is the second result!

So the cheapest seats in the house.

I wouldn't call them addressing your issue after seeing comments here as good service. I'd have seen dealing with it before you had to come here as doing that.

It must sicken them that if you search for needaticket on google that this thread is the second result!

I wouldn't call them the cheapest seats in the house, seating in A + G are the cheapest in my experience.
    The way this issue was resolved was not the most ideal for needaticket, but in the long run they did resolve it to my satisfaction.
    Therefore I would consider the matter finished as far as I am concerned.

• Advertisement
Advertisement