Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What anime are you watching or manga are you reading?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

GalwayGuy2 wrote: »
    Finished Death Note :)

Yeah, some people may have a problem with the ending, but I loved it.

Not going to spoil it, but I never realised how much I hated the main character until the very end.

I loved it too, perhaps it's because I saw it after all the hype had died down?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

I loved it too, perhaps it's because I saw it after all the hype had died down?

MAybe.

I'd describe the first 'arc' as awesome, the second 'arc' as a little bit pointless and the third 'arc' as just completly kick ass.

I'm just going to put something in spoiler so be warned.
    It was great to see him lose his cool at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭IHeartYuki

Just finished Nagi no Asukara. This was the show I've been most surprised by while it lasted. It was a really good fairy tale and it isn't long before you get drawn into the lives of the characters. The shippers I know had an absolute field day with it but it was really just a really good story with likeable characters and a really interesting storyline. If you're into SoL with romance and fantasy elements then you'll probably enjoy this as much as I did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

GalwayGuy2 wrote: »
    Finished Death Note :)

Yeah, some people may have a problem with the ending, but I loved it.

Not going to spoil it, but I never realised how much I hated the main character until the very end.

Do you know is it much different to the manga? I read all that and enjoyed it but if it's mostly the same story condensed then I don't think I'll bother with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

my greatest guilty pleasure just started again today.

Fairy Tail is back

*wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*

such a ridiculous predictable show, but so very likeable. Dont know why I love watching it but find Naruto, Bleach etc so difficult to work through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    my greatest guilty pleasure just started again today.

Fairy Tail is back

*wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*

such a ridiculous predictable show, but so very likeable. Dont know why I love watching it but find Naruto, Bleach etc so difficult to work through.

One Piece?

It has the same Wacky Loveable Cast as Fairy Tale.

You could try Slam Dunk too, if you don't mind Sports Anime.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

One Piece?

It has the same Wacky Loveable Cast as Fairy Tale.

You could try Slam Dunk too, if you don't mind Sports Anime.

yeah one piece keeps tempting me. But then I see how many episodes it has under its belt and I whimper.

I guess the other advantage of fairy tail is its episode length is rather reasonable so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Finally managed to get my copy of Durarara!! (sent it to the wrong address when ordering -.- ) but now faced with the problem of do I gorge on it as fast as possible or try to pace myself a bit, maybe make it last the week.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

Looked at The World is Still Beautiful, looking forward to the rest of this series - reminds me a lot of Scrapped Princess.
    Blade and Soul, well I liked this until I found out that is an adaption of a video game so now I'm uncertain
    Captain Earth, despite my hopes for a Captain Planet anime this did not involve any blue skinned individuals with green mullets :(

Saw Patema Inverted last night, would really recommend checking it out ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mrkite77

First episode of The Irregular at Magic High School was interesting.. I'll stick with it for now.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

mrkite77 wrote: »
    First episode of The Irregular at Magic High School was interesting.. I'll stick with it for now.

+1. One Week Friend. has started interesting also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Haven't spotted any legal streams for those, you guys VPN-ing or going the shadier route (not asking for illegal links, just if any site has picked em up for the Irish region).

So far this season I have liked Nanana's Buried Treasure, and of course more Fairy Tail :D Will have to see how other shows play out, some had ok-ish 1st episodes that could be brought down by having to introduce the world, characters and such.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Having not followed the manga, the first episode of Soul Eater Not! is such a train wreck. So sad that the spin-off is so terribad compared to the amazing original show.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 P.L

Finished the first episode of No Life, No Game, looks like it's going to be very fun to watch, i also watched Akuma no Riddle 1 and i had to force myself to finish it, didn't liked it at all

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Haven't spotted any legal streams for those, you guys VPN-ing or going the shadier route (not asking for illegal links, just if any site has picked em up for the Irish region).

I'm in the US so I watch on Hulu. It's also on Crunchyroll, I'm not sure if that's available in .ie

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Ping Pong is off to a great start, have high hopes for this having read the original manga. Anyone else following it?

Also, dat Mushishi: Zoku Shou

Started Attack on Titan and loving it. I watched the first episode when it first came out and have been putting off the show till a time when I could sit down and gorge on it. Watched the first 10 episodes over the past few days and I can't recall the last time that an anime hooked me so quickly.

The storytelling is top notch and it manages to be suite emotional and moving, far more often than many more respected and lauded dramas manage. There's a sense of urgency to each episode but the writers know when to slow down and take a breather. The way in which the relationship between the characters and their past is woven into the mayhem creates genuine warmth for them and allows the writers to explore a number of interesting and topical themes and issues. It's a rather brave and adult show and that it doesn't pander to genre expectations is a breath of fresh air.

All that said there are some issues with the pacing. The training episode seemed to hint at a struggle we never saw, talk of cadets dieing and the strain they were under but we never saw this or the affect it had on the others. It felt like a missed opportunity. The training episode did remind me quite a lot of Starship Troopers. Similarly the show does like to pad out rid idea with lots of recycled material and long scenes where the characters spend an age discussing not a whole lot. Still, they're minor complaints which don't take a lot away from the show. It's one of those rare adult anime shows that's more concerned with philosophising than it is with cheap gore or titillation.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,848 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I am very pissed off on how Hunter x Hunter is so drawn out, get to the ****ing epic fights already

Started Planetes ;)

• Advertisement

Just saw first episode of Akuma no Riddle...

Here's Funimation's description of it (minus some spoilers):

"Tokaku Azuma is a heartless teenage assassin on a mission of death. She’s been sent to a prestigious, all-girls boarding school to compete in an assassination game against eleven other beautiful killers."

we'll see...

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭triseke

Still making my way slowly through "Monster" and "Ergo Proxy". Enjoying both. I need to update my list however. I haven't added any new anime in a long time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Watching tenchi muyo gxp

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

triseke wrote: »
    Still making my way slowly through "Monster" and "Ergo Proxy". Enjoying both. I need to update my list however. I haven't added any new anime in a long time.

really liked ergo proxy until the last few eps where their animation budget dropped down to 100 yen per episode

Really enjoying Mahouka now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

I just read Volume 12 of Yotsuba&!. I don't think a more endearing series exists. I love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

I am very pissed off on how Hunter x Hunter is so drawn out, get to the ****ing epic fights already

I think it was worth the wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53,848 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Very different from the manga thou which is disappointing

Vojera wrote: »
    I just read Volume 12 of Yotsuba&!. I don't think a more endearing series exists. I love it!

Bought the first one in the original Japanese language to practice my reading with, glad to hear it's good! ;)

• Advertisement

One Week Friends is fantastic. Probably my AOTY so far. Wait and see how it pans out though, but loving it so far.

No Game No Life is a fun romp too, episode 2 is a bit ecchi though :/

Advertisement