Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What anime are you watching or manga are you reading?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭silverbolt

im being pretty vanilla at the moment but going on deathnote and naruto

might give highschool of the dead a try some times

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭G.J.

My list is pretty much the same, although I've picked up Mikakunin de Shinkoukei/Engaged to the Unidentified as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

Nobunag* weekends is where it is at!

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

silverbolt wrote: »
    im being pretty vanilla at the moment but going on deathnote and naruto

might give highschool of the dead a try some times

Deathnote is great, but Highschool of the Dead.. Yeah, don't be expecting much substance.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

I'm on episode 17 of Mirrai Nikki and...damn, there's some good storytelling here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

SgtBob wrote: »
    Deathnote is great, but Highschool of the Dead.. Yeah, don't be expecting much substance.. :)

Or accurate physics... :pac:

I seriously vow at some point to finish watching Highschool of the Dead, just to say that yeah, I endured it. But I dunno when, it's difficult. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭silverbolt

Links234 wrote: »
    Or accurate physics... :pac:

I seriously vow at some point to finish watching Highschool of the Dead, just to say that yeah, I endured it. But I dunno when, it's difficult. :o

oh is that bad?

silverbolt wrote: »
    oh is that bad?

I watched it to see just if it was really as bad as it was made out to be... it was worse than I expected! :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I started watching 'Darker than Black' because someone was raving about it, 8 or so episodes in...it's still 'meh' at best. Not really feeling it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

iirc darker than black did take a while to get going, but I guess you either think hei is a badass and cats are awesome or you don't.

I loved Darker Than Black, but there is quite a few filler episodes to get through

We finally watched Sword of the Stranger this morning, was absolutely amazing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

I loved Darker Than Black, but there is quite a few filler episodes to get through

We finally watched Sword of the Stranger this morning, was absolutely amazing :D

Go watch Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit. It's what happens if you mix Sword of the Stranger with Hayao Miyazaki. It's that Good!

One of the Best Anime Series for me.

Already on my to see list! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Already on my to see list! :D

Then add Xam'd: Lost Memories.

Xam'd and Moribito are 2 of my Favorite Animes. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭OiOshawott

Really should start watching Blue Exorcist, just too lazy to do it.

It's a lot of fun, Blue Exorcist :D

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭IHeartYuki

Just finished Kannagi. I like a lot of the shows involving Shinto mythology (e.g. Red Data Girl, Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha and Gingitsune) and this was pretty good (it got me reading the manga to find out what happens after the show ended). I recommend it to anyone into this kind of thing.

Everything I'm watching is ending, so I'll probably have to find some new series to pick up in their place. =(

Might watch Durarara and Baccano! in the mean time.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭The Sky

I just finished Sword Art Online, really enjoy it a lot more than I thought I would have.

• Advertisement

So much stuff ending this evening!

Gin no Saji S2 - love this show!
    Chuunibyou demo Koi ga ****ai! Ren - I thought season 1 had a better storyline but this was still a charming show.
    Golden Time - Not sure I could have gone through the last couple of anime seasons without my weekly dose of this show.
    Mikakunin de Shinkoukei - What am I going to do without Mashiro-tan?

And there's still the last episode of Kill la Kill to come! I'm not getting to sleep tonight, am I?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

G.J. wrote: »
    Everything I'm watching is ending, so I'll probably have to find some new series to pick up in their place. =(

Might watch Durarara and Baccano! in the mean time.

I would watch DRR too....but put the wrong delivery address in Amazon :( Meh, another excuse to drop down to see the old folks :p

So far, only Log Horizon and Silver Spoon have ended in the group of shows Im watching, but LH already confirmed a 2nd season for October.

Anyone any idea what they might be watching next season? List of the upcomign series. As long as someone gets the stream rights (god I hope MangaUK doesnt have them) I cant wait for Fairy Tail to restart.

Watched half way through Tiger & Bunny (got the first 2 DVDs for Xmas, will have to wait to get the next ones) and now started watching Claymore

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Anyone any idea what they might be watching next season? List of the upcoming series. As long as someone gets the stream rights (god I hope MangaUK doesnt have them) I cant wait for Fairy Tail to restart.

New Monogatari arc for sure, I didn't know that was airing next season. Probably Mekaku City Actors, anything Shaft touches tends to catch my interest. Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei manga is highly rated, so I'll probably end up trying that. Black Bullet also looks pretty interesting. The Ping Pong anime is being hyped up as well because of the director as well, so I might check that out too.

So that's 4/5 series to watch next season, depending on what other series people end up loving as well. I picked up D-Frag and Noragami this season for that reason, and they ended up being two of my favourites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

New Monogatari arc for sure, I didn't know that was airing next season. Probably Mekaku City Actors, anything Shaft touches tends to catch my interest. Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei manga is highly rated, so I'll probably end up trying that. Black Bullet also looks pretty interesting. The Ping Pong anime is being hyped up as well because of the director as well, so I might check that out too.

It's just the 5 episodes that were left out of the second season (Hanamonogatari i.e. Kanbaru's arc). Won't be starting till the end of May I believe - it'll be taking over NiseKoi's slot which still has another 8 episodes to go.

Konata wrote: »
    It's just the 5 episodes that were left out of the second season (Hanamonogatari i.e. Kanbaru's arc). Won't be starting till the end of May I believe - it'll be taking over NiseKoi's slot which still has another 8 episodes to go.
    Damn, that's too far away. At least I'm watching Nisekoi, so I'll have something to watch up 'till then.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Damn, that's too far away. At least I'm watching Nisekoi, so I'll have something to watch up 'till then.

Nisekoi is weird.

Kill la Kill ending was good.
    Golden Time ending was disappointing but overall the show was good.

So just watching Nisekoi, Hamatora and Noragami now. I abandoned some other show a few weeks ago, can't remember the name but it was rubbish.

Nisekoi is weird.

Kill la Kill ending was good.
    Golden Time ending was disappointing but overall the show was good.

So just watching Nisekoi, Hamatora and Noragami now. I abandoned some other show a few weeks ago, can't remember the name but it was rubbish.

Nisekoi isn't that great, nothing really happens in it. There are some good moments that make it worth watching though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

Finished Death Note :)

Yeah, some people may have a problem with the ending, but I loved it.

Not going to spoil it, but I never realised how much I hated the main character until the very end.

• Advertisement

I just finished Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu and really liked it. I thought it was like a cross between Daily Lives of High School Boys and Pokemon. I'm so glad there's a season 2 to look forward to!

Advertisement