Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CM Punk Thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭rude awakening

Source: Rajah.com
    "Everyone is so excited that (C.M. Punk) mentioned me on Raw. Newsflash...I don't give a s---. Mind ur own business and stop rippin me off Punk."

Colt Cabana was on Raw and possibly will have a dark match tonight.

It is against Wade Barrett

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Here's an image:

362888258.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1312335802&Signature=bnKdFsYQtSyVj19EO25c4FrmVxw%3D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Source: Rajah.com
    "Everyone is so excited that (C.M. Punk) mentioned me on Raw. Newsflash...I don't give a s---. Mind ur own business and stop rippin me off Punk."

Wrestlezone have an article up saying its a work and that Jericho has been pushing for a Mania match against Punk. They are saying that the tweet is him trying to build their heat up as "real" so more people buy into the match.

I'd love Jericho vs Punk though. Those two could steal the show on the mic and in the ring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Wrestlezone have an article up saying its a work and that Jericho has been pushing for a Mania match against Punk. They are saying that the tweet is him trying to build their heat up as "real" so more people buy into the match.

I'd love Jericho vs Punk though. Those two could steal the show on the mic and in the ring.

I'd rather the plan wwe have at the moment HHH vs Punk, it'd be a much bigger match for Punk too.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea that would be a great match and the promos leading up to it would be brilliant

Its from lordsofpain so hopefully its not true.

It's said that while WWE fully recognizes how hot CM Punk is right now and realizes his long-term potential, the real focus for the payoff of RAW's top storyline will be putting Triple H over.

When HHH was announced as the "COO" a few weeks ago I was hoping he would just appear on Raw for a week or 2, set everything thing straight and then be off again.

I don't want him returning as a full time on screen presence to be honest. You can see in the last few weeks that hes been on the show for over half an hour each time.

Also at least when Vince was the chairman on screen he would get into a feud with someone but eventually lose the match that would come from the feud but with HHH I can see him doing the same but then actually winning the few matches he'll take part in.

Hopefully i'm wrong but it wouldnt surprise me if we're going to see a lot of HHH on WWE TV in the future.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

HHH is the one guy on the roster WWE don't need to put time into getting over. He can make the average fan cheer him or boo him in the space of 30 seconds.

Seriously, there is some serious **** on the internet: its the same as transfer stories in tabloids, unless a credible source is mentioned, by name, ignore it.

• Advertisement

Yeah I think I interpreted it wrong anyway.

I thought it was saying to get him over as the new boss which would mean him beating people in matches when he has them like he has been for the past decade and never losing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

As DM mentioned -HHH doesnt need help getting himself over, whether its as the new boss or not! His promos alone can tunr a crowd one way or the other! I'm just hoping for "mcmahon - Helmsley era / 2 man power trip" Ultra Heel HHH as the boss! Feud with punk (alá austin/mcmahon) He doesnt need help with that - and it would be awesome for the promos alone!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I really hope HHH f***s off soon. I can't stand listening to him belittle others in his promos. He's taking the heat out of Punk vs Cena. If he wants to help he can help backstage, not cutting 2-3 promos a night; a guy who's not getting in the ring.

Also, please don't get in the ring and job people out.

I guess one of my bigger qualms is that he's the same character heel or face, but he's the only heel that wins matches clean.

He's not the wrestler HHH so honestly he should have a new theme as well. Or at least a new edit or something. Or just use KoK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I really hope HHH f***s off soon. I can't stand listening to him belittle others in his promos. He's taking the heat out of Punk vs Cena. If he wants to help he can help backstage, not cutting 2-3 promos a night; a guy who's not getting in the ring.

I guess one of my bigger qualms is that he's the same character heel or face, but he's the only heel that wins matches clean.

He's not the wrestler HHH so honestly he should have a new theme as well. Or at least a new edit or something. Or just use KoK.

couldnt agree more

punk needs to beat cena at summerslam cleanly and be given a good title reign

• Registered Users Posts: 85,024 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

rovert wrote: »
    Colt Cabana was on Raw and possibly will have a dark match tonight.

^ The latest [Creative Has Nothing For You] video with Colt Cabana

jaykhunter wrote: »

Seen this on Twitter:

mean%20face%206.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

http://vids.wwe.com/12796/wwecom-exclusive-john-cena-and-c

Great way to hype the PPV, these should be shown on this weeks Raw. Very UFC like.

http://vids.wwe.com/12796/wwecom-exclusive-john-cena-and-c Great way to hype the PPV, these should be shown on this weeks Raw. Very UFC like.

That's extremely accurate! It looks great - and would be a great way to hype up the S'Slam match; it's very raw, real, credible, serious. As opposed to the standard slick promo package with the lame new song of the month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I'd much rather HHH-Punk. I know he runs the risk of HHH trying to hog the headlines, but it would be better in the ring and a bigger match for Punk. But I've never really seen Jericho as anything more than somebody just below the main event (or WHC on Smackdown).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Chef_Darren

See If this was the good ol days it would be trash talking straight down the camera..

But i hope this match will live up to the hype an CM Punk FTW...

List of title changes:
    07/17/11 (1) Punk pinned Cena to win WWE Title
    07/18/11 Vince strips Punk of WWE Title
    07/18/11 Trip fires Vince for abuse of power; unclear what this means for Punk
    07/25/11 (2) Rey pinned Miz to win World Vince Title
    07/25/11 (3) Cena pinned Rey to win World Vince Title
    08/01/11 (4) Trip recognizes Punk as still the WWE Champ
    08/14/11 (5) Punk over Cena to win World Vince Title
    08/14/11 (6) Del Rio over Punk WWE/Vince Titles

What a Summer lads.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

rovert wrote: »
    List of title changes:

What a Summer lads.
    Apart from a few shows before and after MITB, its been the pretty standard ****e WWE we all love!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

They have absolutly killed this storyline dead. It started out great, if a little rushed. Punk should have gotten a longer build up to his title win and leaving but that's not the problem here. The problem is he "left" for a grand total of a week. That just made the previous month meaningless. The whole idea was what would happen if their was no champion. That was undone the very next night and completly forgotten about a week later when Punk came back.

They squeezed several months of potentially really good storyline into less than two months for no reason. Crap like this is why I dont bother to get invested in any WWE storylines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    They have absolutly killed this storyline dead.

Its started to lose a bit of momentum lately alrite but so far summer of george>summer of punk

thankfully the summer is almost over, it was 1-2 months earlier, it'd be the Summer of HHH.

It's so sad to hear critics retrofit this Punk angle as it's now a "Vince McMahon/HHH angle". It was just gravy MITB and before. Sigh!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Punk hasn't lost any momentum since MITB, he's as $hit hot now as he was leading into MITB, he's still the highlight of Raw every week and the guy that we are all waiting to see on the show, and everyone is talking about him and Nash now with the much less talked about Del Rio becoming WWE champion taking a back-seat.

People are pi$$ed off that Punk hasn't had a real run with the WWE belt, understandable so, but him not being the champ hasn't detracted from him being by far the hottest commodity in WWE right now.

I'm thinking that booking Nash into Punks world is just an obstacle to buy a couple more months as a means to delay the inevitable Punk/HHH match, will this feud be dragged out until WrestleMania though? Seems too far away to me.

But if we do go down that route, then I would love to see Shawn Michaels return as his 90's sexy-boy heel character and have a feud with Punk, maybe the blow-off being at the 2012 Royal Rumble.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Charisteas wrote: »
    But if we do go down that route, then I would love to see Shawn Michaels return as his 90's sexy-boy heel character and have a feud with Punk, maybe the blow-off being at the 2012 Royal Rumble.
    I was thinking along the same lines, didnt Nash say he got a text from his best friend asking him to attack Punk? That's always been Shawn Michaels, not Triple H.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I was thinking along the same lines, didnt Nash say he got a text from his best friend asking him to attack Punk? That's always been Shawn Michaels, not Triple H.

No it was from Triple H's phone that's the angle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Tongue in cheek preview of Punk's next 8-months, and i know the booking is very russo-iffic!

September 18, 2011 Night of Champions, HSBC Arena Buffalo, New York

CM Punk Vs John Cena Vs Del Rio - triple threat match for WWE title, Nash screws Punk again.

October 2, 2011 Hell in a Cell, New Orleans Arena New Orleans, Louisiana

CM Punk Vs Kevin Nash inside the cell - (The cell may help to hide Nash's weaknesses as this stage, but Punk wins clean)

October 23, 2011 Vengeance, AT&T Center San Antonio, Texas

CM Punk and Colt Cabana Vs Kevin Nash and X-Pac - Nash brings back an old friend and demands a rematch but this time a tag-team match. Look at the city we are in, and yes Shawn Michaels returns in his home city as heel with sweet chin music to Punk. Nash/X-Pac win.

November 20, 2011 Survivor Series, Madison Square Garden New York City

CM Punk, Colt Cabana, King of Wrestling Vs Triple H, Kevin Nash, Shawn Michaels, X-Pac. Traditional Survivor Series match. (idea from Jason Agnews).

December 18, 2011 TLC: Tables, Ladders and Chairs, 1st Mariner Arena Baltimore, Maryland

CM Punk Vs X-Pac in a 20 minute TLC match, interference is banned, Punk wins clean

January 22, 2012 Royal Rumble, Scottrade Center St. Louis, Missouri

CM Punk Vs Shawn Michaels - Punk wins a 30 minute match.

February 19, 2012 Elimination Chamber, XL Center Hartford, Connecticut

Punk wins the WWE Championship inside the chamber.

April 1, 2012 WrestleMania XXVIII, Sun Life Stadium Miami Gardens, Florida

CM Punk Vs Triple H for the WWE Championship.

Advertisement