Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

That sounds pleasant. :eek:

Great fun if I forget as breathing is compromised! The delights of old age! But hey, soup i grand ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

What's a range

What's a range

Old style solid fuel cooker... You fill the fire compartment and it has hot plates atop and an oven at the side. Sensible houses connect them to the water supply so you can heat water and radiators but this one stands alone. they get called Aga and Rayburn more than ranges.. Mine here is the heart of the house, burns wood, turf, coal and always water heating atop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭westernfrenzy

Graces7 wrote: »
    Great fun if I forget as breathing is compromised! The delights of old age! But hey, soup i grand ;)
    Sounds better than 500mg capsules anyway.

Sounds better than 500mg capsules anyway.

True ! My Tylex is soluble ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭westernfrenzy

True ! My Tylex is soluble ;)
    :eek::eek::D you wish:P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

What's a range

There is an old cowboy song called "Granny, get down off the fireplace, you are too old to be riding the range":D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

A couple of months ago, we took out our front wall and gate. My TA is that I regularly still hear the click of someone coming in the gate. I'm starting to freak myself out that the gate is still there in another dimension, and my Dad is coming through it. I really need to stop reading Stephen King....

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭JanaMay

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Not being able to get through to parents when I have good news and the lovely warm feeling I had on receiving said good news is slowly ebbing away as it is replaced by a general irritation that they are not answering their phones......

Aw, I hate that. You're all excited and want to share the good news...and it rings out! When I had my second child (very, very early) I didn't tell them I was in labour. They're in a different country and didn't want to worry them. Then, when it was all done, a whopping healthy baby...nobody answered their phones! About 5 hours later I got a text from my sister 'Saw your missed call, what were you up to?'!!! 'Squeezing a sofa out through my fanny' I answered!

:eek::eek::D you wish:P

True; it is blackcurrant flavour and fizzy!
    Like Alka Seltzer with a kick

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

JanaMay wrote: »
    Aw, I hate that. You're all excited and want to share the good news...and it rings out! When I had my second child (very, very early) I didn't tell them I was in labour. They're in a different country and didn't want to worry them. Then, when it was all done, a whopping healthy baby...nobody answered their phones! About 5 hours later I got a text from my sister 'Saw your missed call, what were you up to?'!!! 'Squeezing a sofa out through my fanny' I answered!

:D

JanaMay wrote: »

OUCH!

Reminds me. At the Craft Fair in SUnday, a young woman walked past with a baby in a sling.. then I did a double take as all I could see was a fluffy big black ear sticking out. Thought for a moment it was a puppy.. Just a hat..

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭JanaMay

Ah yeah it was quite ouchy at the time but nothing compared to the pain of them not answering their feckin phones! In my hormonal haze I was fully convinced that they were all having a massive family party without me...at 10 in the morning! I felt so left out, I could see them there with their tins of Roses and Viscount biscuits all together munching away! Sleeveens!

Now I'm annoyed at them all over again! :mad::pac:

I met someone yesterday, who had to attend A&E, and they only had to wait twenty mins to be seen by a doctor.

I attended a consultant last week as a private patient and I waited longer than that. If the above were the norm, the VHI could go fcuk themselves.

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I met someone yesterday, who had to attend A&E, and they only had to wait twenty mins to be seen by a doctor.

I attended a consultant last week as a private patient and I waited longer than that. If the above were the norm, the VHI could go fcuk themselves.

When I was in a+e yesterday I was waiting about the same before a doctor came, was really surprised. Thought I'd be ages waiting but I wasnt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Painful birth - get revenge on the wee one by saddling him with a sh.ite name :)

Oh, right you are Ted. No, in fairness he's Eastern European. :)

"Luigi, witha the bigga heada":D

That's a wee cracker that one! :):):)

I have been three times to A and E and the first two times that were by ambulance I was seen almost immediately - medical card here. Third time more but less urgent.

went for Mammogram fews week ago in Jams Hospital Dublin APpt was for 4' oclock.
    Im not joking when I say I had literally take my jacket off and sat down to begin waiting, when I was called in. I was done and dusted in about 20 mins flat.

• Advertisement

When I was in a+e yesterday I was waiting about the same before a doctor came, was really surprised. Thought I'd be ages waiting but I wasnt.
    Jake1 wrote: »
    went for Mammogram fews week ago in Jams Hospital Dublin APpt was for 4' oclock.
    Im not joking when I say I had literally take my jacket off and sat down to begin waiting, when I was called in. I was done and dusted in about 20 mins flat.

150 for the consultant
    180 for test A, covered by VHI
    140 for test B, not covered VHI

The bit that pissed me off? being screwed for the car park, all of 3.50. Baxtards

Right. I now have to go out and bring the dogs in from the shed to the house..this means crossing a wind tunnel effect so I may be gone some time...;) How did it get dark so early!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,644 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Right. I now have to go out and bring the dogs in from the shed to the house..this means crossing a wind tunnel effect so I may be gone some time...;) How did it get dark so early!

The wind blew the sun away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

The wind blew the sun away

In fairness sunset today was 50 seconds earlier than yesterday.

I hate these short days, when there's so much to do outdoors.
    Roll on 22nd December.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

The DHL website. First it was down this morning, now when I click on the tracking section that 'allegedly' gives detailed information on where the package is, surprise surprise, in true DHL tradition it hasn't been updated since Saturday. :rolleyes:

DHL track and trace doesn't work if the packet is going to be delivered to you by their partner here which is An Post, starts out as DHL but delivered by An Post..

Friends who move the friendship goalposts a long time into a friendship. Met this lad out one rebound weekend. We kept in contact, and we got on so well. He's probably the funniest person I've ever met. Hes hilarious. And I would consider him one of my closest friends. He lets me do all sorts of stuff to him, wax him, cut his hair (though I can't cut hair for **** he lets me practice), because he never says no to me.

He knows I have a boyfriend. He knows I live with my boyfriend. And he's been always fine with being my friend. He's even sent me hilarious texts of what his bridesdude speech is going to be if I was ever to get married.

So, today I text him good news, happy news for a change. Secret news. Because I wanted him to be super excited and pleased. Except it didn't happen like that. I got about 3 messages all saying all women were the same, we were like emotional tornados, and he was done being nice to women because we are all c words and you don't get anywhere being nice to women so might as well be a prick. I have absolutely no idea who pis5ed in his cornflakes, but that was completely out of the blue. Friends for a year and a half and he goes nuclear for no reason.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

Friends who move the friendship goalposts a long time into a friendship. Met this lad out one rebound weekend. We kept in contact, and we got on so well. He's probably the funniest person I've ever met. Hes hilarious. And I would consider him one of my closest friends. He lets me do all sorts of stuff to him, wax him, cut his hair (though I can't cut hair for **** he lets me practice), because he never says no to me.

He knows I have a boyfriend. He knows I live with my boyfriend. And he's been always fine with being my friend. He's even sent me hilarious texts of what his bridesdude speech is going to be if I was ever to get married.

So, today I text him good news, happy news for a change. Secret news. Because I wanted him to be super excited and pleased. Except it didn't happen like that. I got about 3 messages all saying all women were the same, we were like emotional tornados, and he was done being nice to women because we are all c words and you don't get anywhere being nice to women so might as well be a prick. I have absolutely no idea who pis5ed in his cornflakes, but that was completely out of the blue. Friends for a year and a half and he goes nuclear for no reason.

It must be love Lexie, love, love, love.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Doorbell just rang multiple times, followed by banging. Thought it was something important and opened - and it was a feckin chugger! Listened to her speech and then said no, and she demanded a reason why I wasn't going to give her my bank details and sign up. ffs! Never answering the door again, it's always either one of those or a gas provider salesman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

miezekatze wrote: »
    Doorbell just rang multiple times, followed by banging. Thought it was something important and opened - and it was a feckin chugger! Listened to her speech and then said no, and she demanded a reason why I wasn't going to give her my bank details and sign up. ffs! Never answering the door again, it's always either one of those or a gas provider salesman.

At this point if I'm not expecting someone to call I don't bother to answer the door. 1 Sunday morning a few weeks back we were woken by someone really hammering on the door, when I opened the upstairs window to see who it was it was a guy with his kids looking for a house across the street, right number, wrong neighbourhood. Easy mistake, but it was only a couple of months ago that his wife/partner woke us with the same kids for the exact same reason. The kids are old enough to know where they're going.

Satriale wrote: »
    It must be love Lexie, love, love, love.

I don't think its me I think something happened with some girl and he just took it out on me but still, I'm so annoyed that he thinks just because he's nice to me means I should like him or whatever. Sorry that being my friend was such an effort and all

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

People who wear braces/suspenders and a belt. You only need one to hold up your trousers lads, wearing both doesn't make you look smart, it makes you look inept.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭1stuey1

Ordering a Chinese, go home to find its wrong. Ring and complain.

Fast forward 1,week later. Make a joke of how I hope they don't get it wrong again , they laugh and comment "so sorry I'll personally make sure its OK. Get home,wrong.

Fast forward one week later - OK seriously twice wrong you honestly cant get an easier order. Its from the menu. They apologize. Get into car decide to check, wrong ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭Means Of Escape

People who put used matches back in the box

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

miezekatze wrote: »

Bang on the door, after ringing the bell = not a snowball's chance in hell will it be opened here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

A few nights ago, I fell asleep wearing my red fleece pajama jacket thingy from Dunnes. Woke up to find that the dye from it had bleached into the sheet and pillow case of the brand spanking new set of cream bed linens that I had just bought. And these were no ordinary sheets. It was the first set of really, really good/expensive bed linens that I ever bought. They were my Christmas present to myself & now they are fcuking ruined.

What is REALLY pissing me off is that I never, ever go to bed wearing anything heavier than a Tshirt. If I get too hot as I sleep, I wake up with a terrible headache that lasts all day & I also have horrible nightmares. It's that bad, I have to sleep with a window open, even in the depths of winter. And the one bloody time I fall asleep wearing something heavy, it's red and I'm sleeping on brand new, outrageously expensive cream bed linens. Bah humbug !!! :mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I have a Take That song stuck in my head. That is more than trivially annoying.

At this point if I'm not expecting someone to call I don't bother to answer the door. 1 Sunday morning a few weeks back we were woken by someone really hammering on the door, when I opened the upstairs window to see who it was it was a guy with his kids looking for a house across the street, right number, wrong neighbourhood. Easy mistake, but it was only a couple of months ago that his wife/partner woke us with the same kids for the exact same reason. The kids are old enough to know where they're going.

Living at the end of a long private lane has great advantages..;) And I have a locked gate because of the dogs etc so no one could get to the door

I have a Take That song stuck in my head. That is more than trivially annoying.

Still hearing Jingle Bell Rock from that life size Santa at the last Craft Fair..that was abuse to the ears! Every minute or so for 8 hours..:rolleyes:

selous wrote: »
    DHL track and trace doesn't work if the packet is going to be delivered to you by their partner here which is An Post, starts out as DHL but delivered by An Post..

I never ever ever order anything that has private courier delivery. Once three years ago a friend sent me two large boxes by fastway. Even though I talked the lad in through the phone he got lost and went home. The next day I had a very embarrassed farmer and his wife at the door ( Previous house).. he had found two large boxes in a field of cattle..lad had just dumped them over the gate.

I don;t have a proper phone connection and they insist on a phone number

The excuse on the tracking web site i " Remote rural area; unable to deliver"

An Post is brilliant.

Being so sleep deprived that I get into the shower still in my underwear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Had planned a day's fishing with an old friend for today months ago. Today arrives and its too rough. We'll hunker down at my place with coffee and treats but nothing beats the craic when we fish together. It has been a few years since we cast a line together and he has to return to the continent this weekend. Ah well, it could be worse but still TA.

• Advertisement

Nothing can annoy me today, I'm still on cloud nine about my good news. TA'd by that I guess :)

Found one: Chris de Burgh

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Drivers beeping for me to cross the road.Im with my kids waiting for the green man.Just cause your stopped,doesnt mean the other side has.
    And they think they are doing you a favour,letting you cross.

Still hearing Jingle Bell Rock from that life size Santa at the last Craft Fair..that was abuse to the ears! Every minute or so for 8 hours..:rolleyes:

That's the jingle bell, that's the jingle bell, that's the jingle bell ro-ock!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

What in the name of holy jaysus were you doing looking for Chris de Burgh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

dubstarr wrote: »
    Drivers beeping for me to cross the road.Im with my kids waiting for the green man.Just cause your stopped,doesnt mean the other side has.

Well done for waiting for the light.
    I can't stand parents who cross at any junction with their kids without a green man or without care and attention.
    Teach your kids some valuable safety!
    Spanners!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭filbert the fox

dubstarr wrote: »

the opposite of this is also most annoying.

0715 am - Breezy pedestrian comes up to traffic light crossing, pushes button, has a quick left/right look and crosses - result - infuriated motorists watching green man with nobody there. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,203 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Tiny bus shelters that already have a line of people waiting for the bus, so I either have to stand in far too close proximity for comfort to someone else, or I can stand outside the bus shelter and get drenched...

At least the bus was empty! Must be all those new Coca-Cola bicycles they dropped in around the city that has no accommodations made for cyclists. Fantastic forward planning there! :rolleyes:

The mucken fuppet who owns the Texaco around the corner still hasn't fixed his tall sign thingy with the prices of petrol and diesel on it, so I can't update pumps.ie without driving in there and squinting at the blackboard by the shop door on which the prices are scribbled, like a ruddy pub flogging toasted sandwiches. Grrrrrraaaaggghhhhh, TRIVIAL!! :mad::mad: :pac:

• Advertisement

Nothing can annoy me today, I'm still on cloud nine about my good news. TA'd by that I guess :)

Congrats on whatever it is, though TA that you did not tell us:D

Man, he is one annoying little pr1ck, I would have to get up earlier in the day just to find more time to hate him. A smarmy sh1t.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement