Do people look down on other who dont own cars? - Page 10 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

13-03-2012, 23:39   #136
LH Pathe
Closed Account

Of course they do, but I refuse to be coralled n forced to grow up fast at all. so I'll never own one.. seems more of a profoundly altering commitment than keeping a gf. Besides there's too many on the road. grlfirends.. cars.. girlfriends driving cars, god forbid... no. Just no. also them 'boy racers' make it seem really naff
Advertisement
13-03-2012, 23:46   #137
playpink

cop on! is it that black and white to you eejits...anyone can drive a car, sure theres plenty of them out ther just driving around :O no license.. shock horror...u lot would wanna crawl out from under that rock ur living under!
13-03-2012, 23:52   #138
micropig
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by playpink View Post
cop on! is it that black and white to you eejits...anyone can drive a car, sure theres plenty of them out ther just driving around :O no license.. shock horror...u lot would wanna crawl out from under that rock ur living under!
Nothing is ever black and white

Spoiler: it's just very, very, very, very dark blue
13-03-2012, 23:56   #139
hattoncracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKEN View Post
Jesus this tread got big! YAY go me! right im only 21 and live in the ass end of monaghan, but it would be great to have my own transport for work/college...... but then again i dont have alot of spare cash and i dont want to be a taxi! Right FECK IT i'm getting a motor bike!

mid-monaghan myself.. Its essential in that area.. I got out when I was 18, but I go stir crazy when I'm home and have to ask for lifts!!
14-03-2012, 01:29   #140
Kev.OC

I don't look down on people who don't drive. I look, if I'm honest, a little suspiciously on people who don't have a licence (I should point out that I live in an area where the public transport is poor at best). I do look down on people who have no intention to ever learn. After years of being the only one of my close friends with a car, I got sick to the teeth of having to drive people around. For example, if I wanted a game of poker, at my house, I'd have to spend half an hour driving to everyone else's house to collect them. Then another half an hour afterwards to drop them home. It gets old fast.

On a side note, I absolutely love driving! I couldn't do without a car (or a motorbike, as of last October ).
Advertisement
14-03-2012, 01:45   #141
jmckelly

No, I don't look down on people who don't own cars. I've had my full licence for 23 years now and have owned a car on and off. During the years that I used public transport I was slightly richer. They are a huge expense now with the increase in tax and fuel, but if it's the price I have to pay for the freedom I've got, then it's worth it.
14-03-2012, 02:18   #142
uch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKEN View Post
So my question is in day to day life do people look down/be little others who don't own their own transportation?

I notice this too when it comes to meeting the opposite sex too, however i'm of the opinion that it helps keep potential gold diggers away but it can be said that maybe it shows lack of progress in ones life.......... discuss! :-)
No I don't

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion