Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread - Page 159 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

11-12-2014, 13:03   #2371
septictank

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvB View Post
Anyone recommend a locksmith that wont charge an arm & a leg to change two barrels in a set of patio doors? Looking to get the existing euro barrels replaced with anti snap ones (2 in total). Anyone get any changed recently?
Changed them myself, takes a couple of minutes, very simple, bought them on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Avocet-High-...ords=abs+locks

These are one of the best.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
11-12-2014, 13:10   #2372
franksm

Send a message via MSN to franksm
same here, ridiculously easy job and got loads of spare keys at the same time
12-12-2014, 10:34   #2373
daymobrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by PucaMama View Post
Dodger has escaped again after we found the side gate open at 11am. This gate had been closed with a brick left behind it. If anyone sees him please let us know
Sorry to hear about this happening again.

Can you put a padlock on the gate?
Thanks from:
16-12-2014, 16:03   #2374
JoePie

Just caught a chap trying to get in through the neighbours' front window across the way. Just happened to be going out to our wheelie bins.

The neighbours are running a light strip across the front of their house and it's powered from inside, but the cable is going through the window. The light strip was off, but the window was still noticeably open just enough to let the cable through.

I'll let them know when they get home from work, but tell yours neighbours and yourselves, to watch out for that stuff and don't make themselves an easy target.
(4) thanks from:
16-12-2014, 16:25   #2375
dibs101

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoePie View Post
Just caught a chap trying to get in through the neighbours' front window across the way. Just happened to be going out to our wheelie bins.

The neighbours are running a light strip across the front of their house and it's powered from inside, but the cable is going through the window. The light strip was off, but the window was still noticeably open just enough to let the cable through.

I'll let them know when they get home from work, but tell yours neighbours and yourselves, to watch out for that stuff and don't make themselves an easy target.
Where was this?
Advertisement
16-12-2014, 16:37   #2376
fletch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibs101 View Post
Where was this?
It was in Lohunda...
Turns out it was my parents house!
I didn't know JoePie was their neighbour but I was only giving out to my Dad at the weekend for leaving the little window ajar. I contacted JoePie and asked if it happened in Lohunda and sure enough it did...spooky
Waiting to hear from my parents if anything was stolen
(2) thanks from:
16-12-2014, 17:43   #2377
dibs101

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch View Post
It was in Lohunda...
Turns out it was my parents house!
I didn't know JoePie was their neighbour but I was only giving out to my Dad at the weekend for leaving the little window ajar. I contacted JoePie and asked if it happened in Lohunda and sure enough it did...spooky
Waiting to hear from my parents if anything was stolen
Thanks for clarifying location. It's good to know what areas are being targeted by opportunistic burglars. At least then, strangers who are roaming around can be made aware that they are being watched.
Thanks from:
17-12-2014, 15:34   #2378
gabsdot40

We had a break in last week. Someone climbed up on the extension and in through an open window. grabbed my jewellery box, left a tablet that was on the bedside table.
I'm gutted. I didn't have anything expensive but several special, sentimental peices.
More annoying is that I was away and it was the babysitter (granny) who left the window open.
I'm definitely getting a house alarm next year
We live in Mulhuddart BTW.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion