Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken 7 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Is there a confirmed full character list yet, I have yet to see Yoshimitsu.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

Xenji wrote: »
    Is there a confirmed full character list yet, I have yet to see Yoshimitsu.

Nah not yet. I'm sure Yoshi will be in. Namco probably have to re-work him a bit more for the new combo system than other chars with the amount of moves he has.

Devil Kazuya has an extension to his hellsweep, which I wager is done by CD+4,1UF as is his CD+1UF. So this, mid-EWGF, Jinpachi's Reverse Bear Hug and standing Twin Pistons, Devil Kaz is looking more godlike.

Devil Kazuya has an extension to his hellsweep, which I wager is done by CD+4,1UF as is his CD+1UF. So this, mid-EWGF, Jinpachi's Reverse Bear Hug and standing Twin Pistons, Devil Kaz is looking more godlike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

"Tekken is dead cuz Lili is nerfed" ~ some random Lili in 2012.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1020823097945550&set=vb.100000536085708&type=2&theater

• Advertisement

Fergus_ wrote: »
    "Tekken is dead cuz Lili is nerfed" ~ some random Lili in 2012.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1020823097945550&set=vb.100000536085708&type=2&theater

Lol, apparently that got fixed in an online update today. Thank ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MazManZero

Tekken is dead cause Lili is buffed.

Tekken 7 has been officially been confirmed to have arcade cabinets at Final Round this year.

That Markman always pulling through.

some interesting changes to combo system. Apparently the scaling in combos has changed to boost the damage of shorter combo. So for example Paul's df+2, filler, spin attack, finisher does the same damage as Paul df+2,qcf+2. So any of those who dislike T6 - TTT2 combo system can get reward for something shorter.

So what's the point of spin combos, you ask? One thing to consider is that the combo scaling is reset in combos that features the wall or have any floor breaks and wall breaks. This means that you can still receive worthwhile damage in your long combos, but only if you utilize your in-game surroundings correctly.

Very interesting. I quite like this change. There's further explanation for this combo system in the link below.

http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2015/3/3/tekken-7-pre-launch-version-looking-at-the-combo-system.html

• Registered Users Posts: 10,975 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

If characters have short combos that can lead to a wall splat, then the damage will end up being absurd.

Can you wall splat twice in one combo?

• Advertisement

If characters have short combos that can lead to a wall splat, then the damage will end up being absurd.

Can you wall splat twice in one combo?

Nope. Wall carry and wall splat are two different things. I'm confident the reset percentage for carrying to the wall in T7 is not 100% (that would be insane), but is higher than what it was for T6-TTT2.

If you get a direct wallsplat, some characters can resplat. Altho it's very finicky with wall axis so most people won't try it.

If you get a direct wallsplat, some characters can resplat. Altho it's very finicky with wall axis so most people won't try it.

Even still, that sort of resplat scales so I don't personally consider it to be a true second wallspat.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,975 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Macal wrote: »
    Even still, that sort of resplat scales so I don't personally consider it to be a true second wallspat.

But if damage scaling is reset for a wall splat, then you could get a high damage, low execution combo > wall splat to reset the scaling > combo > wall splat to reset scaling > combo.

But if damage scaling is reset for a wall splat, then you could get a high damage, low execution combo > wall splat to reset the scaling > combo > wall splat to reset scaling > combo.

It's really only possible to re-splat from a direct wall-splat. When you wall carry the comboed char sinks to the ground faster than they do from a direct wall splat.

Trust me, if you could do this level of damage that you posted, the Japanese players would have discovered it already and be posting it on the internet.

Kazumi's Rage Art; shoryuken included.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Looks like a shinryuken, to be precise!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭eastyy

cool combo video

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭omara95

Devil Jin is in Tekken 7. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

omara95 wrote: »
    Devil Jin is in Tekken 7. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

alongside regular Jin (in a new outfit as well), a new waifu, and Jack-7?/Nancy's relative?

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/screens/tekken7-character-leak.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

**** that's mad.

from FlyingWonkey
    "Just a random report from an arcade goer in 2ch. One of the T7 machines had a bug and displayed more characters on the select screen.
    Devil Jin, Kazumi, Yoshimitsu and a new female character that looked like Jaycee?
    "Devil Jin's b+2,3 is his screw attack & Hellsweeps knockdown again" !!!

I think you can rest easy now. Novi. So can the Julia fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭omara95

I hope Devil jins hellsweep gives a combo like it did in Dr!!

Jin was recently discovered as a secret sub-boss in the arcade mode. There's been a few ow-quality vids released since last night. I'll go through the changes myself and Bilal have found out so far.

-His power crush is a new move. Not sure of the notation. Looks similar to Raven's df+3.
    -A new animation of db+2,3 where Jin now does a stomp instead. Looks like an old bound move used to spike.
    -Hopkick launches normally (ie.as the CH version did in TTT2) on both NH and CH.
    -And now for a big buff. EWHF launches on NH now.

EWHF LAUNCHES ON NH?!

Please be a boss-specific thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ixayek_usurper

-A new animation of db+2,3 where Jin now does a stomp instead. Looks like an old bound move used to spike.
    The '3' is a steal of the animation from Hei's d+3.
    -Hopkick launches normally (ie.as the CH version did in TTT2) on both NH and CH.
    -And now for a big buff. EWHF launches on NH now.
    His ECD1 must be really negative on block then. Maybe even launch.
    I can see why his d/b+3,2 was nerved also. One of his best mids so it took a hit. His mids across the board will take a hit I'd imagine.

Remember when Harada spoke about coming up with someone who can defeat Devil Kaz? :)
    I'd say Devil Jin is gonna be sooooo OP.
    I'd imagine Jin will have a similar transition to DVJ as Kaz does to DVKaz i.e. only available in rage mode.
    That's my thoughts anyway.

Wonder how Jin is gonna fit into the Mishima sega storyline. It just seems like personal beef with Hei and Kaz.

Wonder how Jin is gonna fit into the Mishima sega storyline. It just seems like personal beef with Hei and Kaz.

I'm more curious as how Devil Jin is gonna fit actually. Wasn't the whole point of T6's Scenario Campaign storyline for Jin to finally abolish his Devil Gene (via causing worldwide war and destruction, no less)? Hopefully Devil Jin's presence is kind of like Evil Ryu in SF4, not a part of the story but just as a "what if " character. Otherwise it'll already have tarnished the already soiled reputation of the T6 storyline

• Advertisement

Advertisement