Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tragic yet worrying scenes in waterford last night

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Dont have to be a cop to have zero sympathy for scumbags

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

drumswan wrote: »
    Does it not strike anyone as unlikely that someone would become separated from the rest, trip and hurt themselves, then fall into a river or stream and drown?

The chap jumped over a fence with spikes , and fell in a stream according to RTE news @1 .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

Does it not strike anyone as unlikely that someone would become separated from the rest, trip and hurt themselves, then fall into a river or stream and drown?

No it doesn't. The usual antics of cowards. No problem attacking a family home but when confronted run like the little cowardly scum they are.
    You reap what you sow.

You don't get out much do you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭lighterman

flutered wrote: »
    if they has made sure that he did not go around doing this stuff then i would feel deep sorrow for them, it looks as if they had failed or had never tried.

My apologies, I didn't realise you knew them personally. I can only presume you do. How else would you know their situation.
    Santa Cruz wrote: »
    "He was a good lad really. Why couldn't the Garda just leave him alone"

Inverteetd brackets are used to quote someone. who are you quoting. I certainly didn't say he was a good lad. I did and do say he didn't deserve to die.
    TheDoctor wrote: »
    I know this adult (over 18) was in a group who went to vandalize a person house and who then assault that person.
    Tough luck to whatever happens to them after that.

Where did any report say he went to a house to vandalize it. They were acting the maggot outside someone's show who just happened to be a guard and an altercation which occurred with the group went wrong.

They were being chased, they seem to have separated. He tripped and fell.
    bravestar wrote: »
    Zero sympathy. Yet another member attacked at their own home. When will this country wake up a realise that the way they are asking AGS to do their job is outdated, unrealistic and putting the lives of members, and their families, at risk.

You say this as if he was targeted yet it seems to have just been coincidence.
    Dont have to be a cop to have zero sympathy for scumbags

A group acting the maggot does not make you a scumbag. I would guess your no doctor either or at least I hope your not.

I wonder would all the people saying he deserved to die say it openingly in a group or are they all just key board warriors

Shut up lighterman will you, imbecile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Come on lads there is no need for the name calling.

Facts are in no way established.

I wonder would all the people saying he deserved to die say it openingly in a group or are they all just key board warriors

Yes I was discussing it openly at lunch time with people and the majority agreed with me. So no issue here stating my feelings in public.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Zambia wrote: »
    Come on lads there is no need for the name calling.

Facts are in no way established.
    They are established pretty solidly in the 'Garda can do no wrong' brigades mind, thats for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

That child has been let down by the adults who should have been bringing g him up properly.

• Advertisement

And anyone who believe it was a co incidence that a group of 4 men arrived outside a senior guards house and threw glass bottles at it really needs check themselves into the loony bin

Yes I was discussing it openly at lunch time with people and the majority agreed with me. So no issue here stating my feelings in public.

I'm delighted to hear that. Sure there must be loads of room up there on that horse for them all

Hopefully the other 3 in the group will also fall off the earth and so all society a favour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭damienirel

Lost now are they falling off horses they were up on or just falling off the earth??:P

And anyone who believe it was a co incidence that a group of 4 men arrived outside a senior guards house and threw glass bottles at it really needs check themselves into the loony bin

The media are telling us it was a coincidence. Funny how people pick and choose the bits they want to believe.

lighterman wrote: »
    I'm delighted to hear that. Sure there must be loads of room up there on that horse for them all

When not going around causing damage to peoples property and assaulting people means that you are on a "high horse" it really shows the depths to which society has sunk

• Advertisement

Why? You mean voluntarily admit themselves in to a psychiatric unit because they hold an opinion that isn't the same as yours.

slight over-reaction.no???

When not going around causing damage to peoples property and assaulting people means that you are on a "high horse" it really shows the depths to which society has sunk

As does celebrating a kids death when you dont know all the facts I suppose

Please enlighten me with all these facts that you have come across then.

Please also point out this celebrating I was engaging in. I must have missed it.

Please enlighten me with all these facts that you have come across then.

We dont know the facts

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

That child has been let down by the adults who should have been bringing g him up properly.

That "child" is 18 years of age. Correction "was 18 years of age"

Yes lets please stop this "child" rubbish. He was an adult who knew exactly what he was doing.

don't think anybody is celebrating anything. you're making stuff up now.

yep that's it.

A little reading on what high-horse means: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/high+horse

yep that's it.

A little reading on what high-horse means: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/high+horse

What a crime, feeling superior to criminals. Whatever should I do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭LorMal

No. You are reflective of the depths that society has sunk. A child has died in tragic circumstances. You gloat, you call him a 'scumbag'.

LorMal wrote: »
    No. You are reflective of the depths that society has sunk. A child has died in tragic circumstances. You gloat, you call him a 'scumbag'.

An adult died, please direct me towards this gloating that I took part in.

What a crime, feeling superior to criminals. Whatever should I do

I know exactly what you should do. But 1 reported post is enough here so ill say no more.

damienirel wrote: »
    don't think anybody is celebrating anything. you're making stuff up now.

Its the usual little internet fantasy-violence circlejerk from boards' keyboard warriors, plenty of daily mail reading types on here love to revel in this stuff

yep that's it.

glad that was explained...here was I thinking...

• Advertisement

Its the usual little internet fantasy-violence circlejerk from boards' keyboard warriors, plenty of daily mail reading types on here love to revel in this stuff

LOL!

I know exactly what you should do. But 1 reported post is enough here so ill say no more.

First thing you have said that I 100% think you should do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

At the end of the day, its the garda that has to go back and live in the house he was attacked in. I am sure he be nervous every dark night there.

Feel sorry for the man after what these thugs but him thru.

At the end of the day, its the garda that has to go back and live in the house he was attacked in. I am sure he be nervous every dark night there.

Feel sorry for the man after what these thugs but him thru.

Agreed, the only people who get my sympathies are the family of the home that was attacked

Hi Patww79 - you must be one of those keyboard daily mailers circle jerking that drumswan was on about! lol!
    you could almost taste the hatred in that post. glad i'm a tree hugging guardian reader that abstains or drumswan would seek and destroy me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭LorMal

An adult died, please direct me towards this gloating that I took part in.

Yes, numerically 18 is viewed as an adult. Were you a fully mature and totally responsible adult at 18?

I am not condoning his behavior but:
    1. He has died in a tragic accident
    2. He was very young
    3. His family must be devastated

You should not judge. You don't have the full facts. His actions do not warrant his death. You should certainly not call him 'a scumbag'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

MrStuffins wrote: »
    He was a young boy. Whole life ahead of him. maybe he was a little terror or a scum bag but there's nothing to say he couldn't have become a perfectly respectable adult. He is DEAD and everyone is acting like he got what he deserved because someone, not even proven to be him, threw a bottle at someone?

A few people in this thread really need to look themselves in the mirror!
    Sigh. This young man, went with a group of other men to a familys home to terrorise them at night time. Children should be able to sleep safely in their homes.
    While I'm sure you would have the same sympathetic attitude if they came at night to your house, to your children, I certainly wouldn't.
    They, when confronted, didn't choose to run off. They threw a bottle at the fathers head. That man could be in the morgue this morning, but thankfully he isn't. These men didn't care less for his life or the life of his wife or family, and you have have the audacity to question our sympathies; to ask us to look into the mirror? Pffft. Jog on.

• Advertisement

Yes, numerically 18 is viewed as an adult. Were you a fully mature and totally responsible adult at 18?

2. He was very young

You should not judge. You don't have the full facts. His actions do not warrant his death. You should certainly not call him 'a scumbag'.

It wasn't an accident, it was an criminal act, pre planned.

No I believe I would not have been. I also believe I would not have been throwing bottles at guards houses in the early hours in the morning either whether I was 8, 18 or 88.

2. He was very young

Ok this is probably 50% correct.

Because in the same way you should not label somebody alive a scumbag you shouldn't label somebody dead a scumbag when you don't know the circumstances of the events.

The fact that the person in question is dead is irrelevant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Nino Brown

2. He was very young

I knew right from wrong when I was 4, never mind 18

1. No tragic would be if the man they bottled died, killing yourself while escaping from a crime is darwinism.
    2. I'll give you that, he was, well done
    3. Also true, but society as a whole are better off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Arra jaysus a "Man-hunt?!?" The young lad didn't murder anyone. Lock him up alright for a few years fine, but he didn't kill anyone. Too late now anyways.

Zulu wrote: »
    Sigh. This young man, went with a group of other men to a familys home to terrorise them at night time. Children should be able to sleep safely in their homes.
    While I'm sure you would have the same sympathetic attitude if they came at night to your house, to your children, I certainly wouldn't.
    They, when confronted, didn't choose to run off. They threw a bottle at the fathers head. That man could be in the morgue this morning, but thankfully he isn't. These men didn't care less for his life or the life of his wife or family, and you have have the audacity to question our sympathies; to ask us to look into the mirror? Pffft. Jog on.

Quote me where it says they deliberately went to this house to terrorise anyone

• Advertisement

I hope the bus driver and all passengers were ok.
    As for the two who stole the ambulance. Hopefully the got a good battering when they crashed

Arra jaysus a "Man-hunt?!?" The young lad didn't murder anyone. Lock him up alright for a few years fine, but he didn't kill anyone. Too late now anyways.

But they had intent to do serious harm to the man.

Live by the sword, die by the sword

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Quote me where it says they deliberately went to this house to terrorise anyone

Yeah, they were probably canvassing on behalf of the "I'll fuckin' glass ya" party".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Knob Longman

I hope the bus driver and all passengers were ok.
    As for the two who stole the ambulance. Hopefully the got a good battering when they crashed

Stealing an Ambulance is well below the belt, A nasty thing to do, Isn't it ironic that they then had to helped by the same people whom they stole from..

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement