Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rudest celeb you've met?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 STintin

SepTomBer wrote: »
    Saw her at Starbucks.. my cousin ask for an autograph but she ignore it and rolled her eyes.

No offence buddy, I just wanna ask one question .

Imagine you are "Kristin Cavallari?" and every time you are surrounded by your fans.. is it possible for you to attend every single fan ??

However if she did intentionally then It's really bad ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Freddy Star ate my hamster.

W****r

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

I don't even know who Kristin Cavallari is

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Bono - very nice, took time to chat with me when I accosted him sitting in his (parked) car. Good five minute chat about the Pop album which was due out.

Evan Dando - got into the dressing room after a Village gig for a handshake and a quick chat. Very polite, he stood up to greet me, and wasn't off his face or anything.

Lars and James from Metallica - Lars was cool, James was a little more sarcastic.

JK from Jamiroquai with Denise Van Outen - very nice, stood chatting with myself and my mate for a few minutes when we stopped them on the street, had a bit of a laugh actually.

Colm Meany - was in a pub, nice fella, happy to say hello

Terry Christian - again in a pub, this was well after his 90s prime so he was just an ordinary guy really

Mike McCready from Pearl Jam - he was walking down Grafton street with his wife and kid the day of their concert. Polite, stopped and chatted, even introduced me to his wife!

Elle Macphearson - at a signing thing in Brown Thomas for the launch of her lingerie. Only joined the queue when I saw what it was. Got a poster signed (I didn't have a poster so had to 'borrow' one) and she even corrected a spelling mistake she made by signing a second poster. So she was nice.

The three blokes from the Cranberries - in the 90s after a flight from Dublin - San Fran. Dolores had fecked off leaving them to get their guitars and bags. They were tired and grumpy (understandably) but signed a magazine I had at the time

A friend of mine met Eddie Vedder and said he was an a-hole, which I find quite hard to believe. He also met Frank Black (Pixies) who told him to f**k off. Hmm, I think my friend is the one with the problem! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

Got told this by a girl I know - about Ryan Tubridy.

The girl was with a group in a pub in Clifden last Saturday night and they saw Tubridy. Anyways, one of the girls in the group went up to Tubridy to ask him for a photo. He told her "I'll be back in a minute" and left the pub...never came back! Girl who asked him was very disappointed and the group now all think he is a gob****e :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    Girl who asked him was very disappointed and the group now all think he is a gob****e :p

Never met Tubridy as such, but walked past him one Monday morning on Grafton St. When it was quiet. He definitely looked like he expected to be recognised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭Sunflower 27

Evan Dando back in 2007. He was saying at the Warwick in salthill. I had been a huge fan of his since I was teenager. I saw the gig and was staying in the hotel and turned out he was as well. It was obvious where his room was as the door was open and the room noisy. I asked for an autograph and he ripped part of his pizza box and started to sign it. I asked if I could have it on a piece of paper that I could keep. He looked at me disgusted and walked off leaving me standing there.

I get he was probably sick of signing autographs, but a pizza box covered in bits of food.... ?? I imagine I was meant to feel grateful for anything. No thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    Got told this by a girl I know - about Ryan Tubridy.

The girl was with a group in a pub in Clifden last Saturday night and they saw Tubridy. Anyways, one of the girls in the group went up to Tubridy to ask him for a photo. He told her "I'll be back in a minute" and left the pub...never came back! Girl who asked him was very disappointed and the group now all think he is a gob****e :p

Met Tubridy at a lecture he was giving about the Beatles (honestly) and he was sound. Brought Aoibhinn with him which boosted his legendary status. I still cant figure out how he pulled her. And she is much better looking in real life than she is on TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

marwelie wrote: »
    Met Tubridy at a lecture he was giving about the Beatles (honestly) and he was sound. Brought Aoibhinn with him which boosted his legendary status. I still cant figure out how he pulled her. And she is much better looking in real life than she is on TV.

Maybe she thought he was sound too?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Met Tubridy at the young scientists when I was in TY (2007 Id say). I got a picture with him and he told me I had too much LYNX on.

Bollix

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

hefferboi wrote: »
    Met Tubridy at the young scientists when I was in TY (2007 Id say). I got a picture with him and he told me I had too much LYNX on.

Bollix
    Was it Bollix or LYNX that you had on ?

I get he was probably sick of signing autographs, but a pizza box covered in bits of food.... ?? I imagine I was meant to feel grateful for anything. No thanks.

Well you did ask him for his name on some paper... which is what you got. I found him charming and engaged. I didn't ask him for a picture or an autograph, I just had a chat and he was happy to chat back. Seriously, I doubt any celebs enjoy having to write their name or pose for photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

dolittle wrote: »
    I don't even know who Kristin Cavallari is

Congratulations?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Chloris

I ran into Glen Hangar back in 2002 when I was a teeny bopper. He, with no trace of humility, asked "Are you one of my fans?"

I didn't even know who he was and scoffed in his face before walking off. I was twelve years old.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Chloris wrote: »
    I ran into Glen Hangar back in 2002 when I was a teeny bopper. He, with no trace of humility, asked "Are you one of my fans?"

I didn't even know who he was and scoffed in his face before walking off. I was twelve years old.

Do you mean Glen Hansard?

Double post

Well you did ask him for his name on some paper... which is what you got. I found him charming and engaged. I didn't ask him for a picture or an autograph, I just had a chat and he was happy to chat back. Seriously, I doubt any celebs enjoy having to write their name or pose for photos.

You know, maybe they don't enjoy it, but given the amount of money their fans spend buying their music and seeing them perform, surely they have to expect to be chivalrous when a fan approaches them, after all, if it was not for their fans, they would have nothing. I had just paid good money to see him perform as well, so the least he could have done was scribble his name on something I could keep.

I am happy to hear you found him warm and engaging, but I was telling my experience of him which was very different to yours. It was clear he thought it was funny to give me his signature on a pizza-smeared bit of cardboard.

I am not someone who seeks out autographs, but I had been a fan of his since my teenage years and was 35 when I saw him perform that night.

Anyway, this is just my opinion of his attitude. He was dismissive and rude. I wouldn't bother with him again after it. In fact, it totally turned me off him and his music :D

It was clear he thought it was funny to give me his signature on a pizza-smeared bit of cardboard.

It kinda was! :D

That's why they say you should never meet your heroes.

It kinda was! :D

That's why they say you should never meet your heroes.

It actually wasn't. It was a real let down to be dismissed so rudely.

Oh, and a hero is a bit of a stretch. I had liked his music since I was young but I don't look at others as heroes. I admire some people, but hero status... nah.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭MintyMagnum

Heard bad things bout 'Saint' Paulie during the week. Rude & obnoxious to staff.

• Advertisement

Heard bad things bout 'Saint' Paulie during the week. Rude & obnoxious to staff.

I imagine Paul Young always treated his staff well. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Jude13

Pray tell

Jude13 wrote: »
    Pray tell
    First of all who is Saint Paulie ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

blinding wrote: »
    First of all who is Saint Paulie ?
    Think he may be alluding to Paul o Connell, former Munster rugby player.

tipptom wrote: »
    Think he may be alluding to Paul o Connell, former Munster rugby player.

I thought it was Paul McCartney!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Evan Dando back in 2007. He was saying at the Warwick in salthill. I had been a huge fan of his since I was teenager. I saw the gig and was staying in the hotel and turned out he was as well. It was obvious where his room was as the door was open and the room noisy. I asked for an autograph and he ripped part of his pizza box and started to sign it. I asked if I could have it on a piece of paper that I could keep. He looked at me disgusted and walked off leaving me standing there.

sounds like a legendary encounter to me!

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Yeah he has a reputation for it all right,gave this lad a terrible time.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭anmhi02

Met Pat Shortt recently at junction 14.....got a pic taken with my son. He was nothing short of a gentleman! Lovely lovely man :-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Have rarely heard anyone say a good word about Ronan O Gara.I knew this girl who used to work in a pub that he'd frequent.She said he had a habit of tearing up beermats while chatting to his buddies and leaving all the torn up pieces on the floor for the staff to clear up afterwards.

• Advertisement

darkdubh wrote: »
    Have rarely heard anyone say a good word about Ronan O Gara.I knew this girl who used to work in a pub that he'd frequent.She said he had a habit of tearing up beermats while chatting to his buddies and leaving all the torn up pieces on the floor for the staff to clear up afterwards.
    Thats probably why that Aussie fella gave him a good hammering a few years back:)

Advertisement