Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Price of fuel in Co.Wexford..Where's the cheapest/dearest fuel?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

vicwatson wrote: »
    EDIT - Try 148.9

142.9 for diesel too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Today's drive to work prices -

Bunclody
    Texaco P 152.9 / D 145.9
    Applegreen P 149.8 / D 143.8
    Econfuels P 156.9 / D 149.9

Ballon
    Top P 154.9 / D 149.9
    Texaco p 151.9 / D 146.9

Carlow
    Applegreen P 146.8 / D 140.8
    Topaz P 149.9 / D 144.9
    Tougher Oil P 148.9 / D 143.9

Applegreen Carlow have dropped again... very low prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Prices of petrol locked in at between 153.9 & 154.9 in Enniscorthy,nobody making the step to drop them any lower despite it happening in virtually every other part of the country.Then they claim there's no 'cartel' in the town???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭jpb1974

The strangest thing about today's prices that I posted is that Econfuels are way off the pace in Bunclody... whereas, they used to go toe to toe with Applegreen.

The big supermarkets in the UK are cutting prices on their forecourts from today,a study found that cheaper fuel actually led to people spending more and increased consumer confidence.
    How many people here do you see putting the bare amount into their vehicles compared to before when they filled up without a thought.

Some petrol stations seem very reticent to cut their prices despite them falling by up to 10c a litre elsewhere.144.9c in Urlingford today for petrol.154.9 @ Kinsella's,Killeens in Wexford the other day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Tesco New Ross still have the offer that if you spend €50 you get 5c off , and spend €100 you get 10c off .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Price is king these days for most people, sorry.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Mod Note.

There has been nearly 100 posts removed from this thread, which either named a station as a rip off or had words such as Scam or illegal in them. People you cant be making accusations or you cant go accusing petrol stations of selling dodgy fuel on a public forum. In the Irish libel laws, Boards.ie, as publisher of your posts, could be held liable for their content and sued by the person or business named in them.
    Posts also went completely off topic over the last few days where posters were discussing Kerosene, Green Diesel and Hose pipes.
    The whole point of the thread was to let people know where is the dearest and cheapest Petrol/Diesel in Co Wexford. After discussing this with another mod. We have decided to open the thread again. So please keep it on topic and if you are going to post let it be the price of Petrol or Diesel. Also anymore off topic posts will be deleted

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭atsbury

Boggans Texaco, Toyota dealer on the Newtown road are very reasonable with their prices on fuel.
    Unleaded 149.9
    Diesel 143.9
    Can't go too far wrong with Texaco!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Enniscorthy is an absolute joke. Top on the island road 149.9 for diesel, all the others are the same with the exception of Newline on the old Dublin road who are 145.9. Top in Wexford....143.9, 6c ffs and both stations are the same chain. Nice little cartell going there. Jaysus lads even the fella the Wexford side of Oylegate is cheaper than Enniscorthy and he was crazy prices...

• Advertisement

The service station on the Waterford Road New Ross is now down to 152.9 unleaded

Wow. Wfc have dropped diesel to 147.9. Not before time.

jca wrote: »
    Wow. Wfc have dropped diesel to 147.9. Not before time.

Diesel ?? 147.9?

Diesel was 141.8 in Applegreen in Wexford on Sunday last.

Petrol 147.8

Diesel ?? 147.9?

Diesel was 141.8 in Applegreen in Wexford on Sunday last.

Petrol 147.8

I was being sarcastic. ..

151.9 @ Top,Island Rd. for petrol today,Maxol,Bellfield went mad altogether & dropped to an amazing 153.9:rolleyes:

zerks wrote: »
    151.9 @ Top,Island Rd. for petrol today,Maxol,Bellfield went mad altogether & dropped to an amazing 153.9:rolleyes:

Ye still pay too much in Enniscorthy , compared to the rest of Leinster , and there are even parts of Dublin cheaper than that .

We have 151.9 here in New Ross ,and I usually get €20 at a time and notice the increase on the needle fuel guage .

But not so sure I notice a difference in extra mileage with this price reduction .

I'm beginning to think that fuel consumption has decreased in line with this price drop .

Ye still pay too much in Enniscorthy , compared to the rest of Leinster , and there are even parts of Dublin cheaper than that .

We have 151.9 here in New Ross ,and I usually get €20 at a time and notice the increase on the needle fuel guage .

But not so sure I notice a difference in extra mileage with this price reduction .

I'm beginning to think that fuel consumption has decreased in line with this price drop .
    Fuel quality..Not quantity....That's where the mpg's drop. Especially with petrol cars.

148.8 for petrol and 141.8 for diesel in Ferns last night. In Dublin there was a 10c difference in the price of petrol & diesel, 151.9 for the former & 141.9 for diesel.

Camolin was pretty much on par with Ferns.

Topaz New Ross have increased unleaded by 2c to 1.539 uptown and 1.549 downtown .

Whereas in Ferrybank Waterford , unleaded is still 1.499 and I was in Rosslare yesterday and unleaded is also 1.499

• Advertisement

Petrol gone up to 153.9 around Enniscorthy.

Fuel is on average 4c a litre cheaper in Ferns & Camolin than it is in Enniscorthy.

149.9 for petrol & 144.9 for diesel in Lamberts Camolin.

Fuel is on average 4c a litre cheaper in Ferns & Camolin than it is in Enniscorthy.

149.9 for petrol & 144.9 for diesel in Lamberts Camolin.

Go back to the start of this thread if you really want to depress yourself.

Just filled the tank at Boggans Texaco on the Newtown road in Wexford.
    Unleaded 149.9
    Diesel 144.9
    Very competitive!

DSC00344_zps2ec37f9a.jpg

Saw this ad in the ' Newry Reporter '' - Thought it funny they have to say white Diesel is 100% genuine .

The price converts to around €1.42 , but you can buy a 40kg bag of coal for €9.50

Petrol in Ferns is 148.8,Diesel is 142.8, Still stuck at 153.9 in Enniscorthy.

• Advertisement

The usual suspect for the most expensive fuel in the town has risen prices again today, 155.9 for petrol & 149.9 for diesel.

I saw that. Good ole Mace.

Slightly ot but Applegreen in Ferns are opening a Subway outlet there,on Saturday it's buy one get one free.

Boggans Texaco, Toyota main dealer on the Newtown road, have their fuel at very competitive prices this week!
    Unleaded is 147.9
    Diesel is 141.9
    That's got to be the best price in Wexford!
    In my honest opinion, it's hard to beat Texaco!

The fuel station further up the road past the race course usually keep in or around the same price as Boggans on fuel. Not sure what brand they have, there are no markings on the canopy.

atsbury wrote: »
    Boggans Texaco, Toyota main dealer on the Newtown road, have their fuel at very competitive prices this week!
    Unleaded is 147.9
    Diesel is 141.9
    That's got to be the best price in Wexford!
    In my honest opinion, it's hard to beat Texaco!

The fuel station further up the road past the race course usually keep in or around the same price as Boggans on fuel. Not sure what brand they have, there are no markings on the canopy.

It's gas when we are happy to be paying less than €1.50 for a litre of petrol.

148.8 for petrol in Ferns, 142.8 for diesel.

Cheapest in Enniscorthy is 152.9:(

• Advertisement

It's gas when we are happy to be paying less than €1.50 for a litre of petrol.

148.8 for petrol in Ferns, 142.8 for diesel.

Cheapest in Enniscorthy is 152.9:(

Robbie robbers...simples, get it sorted people of Enniscorthy.

Robbie robbers...simples, get it sorted people of Enniscorthy.

Will never happen... Look at the crap Browne got when he exposed the cartel.

Boggans Texaco on the Newtown Road currently have Unleaded @ 145.9 and Diesel @ 139.9!
    Their diesel must be the lowest in the country!

atsbury wrote: »
    Boggans Texaco on the Newtown Road currently have Unleaded @ 145.9 and Diesel @ 139.9!
    Their diesel must be the lowest in the country!

That's very good.

Best price in New Ross is 151.9 unleaded

Wexford Town 148.8 petrol on Friday

Prices for petrol in Enniscorthy are now at 153.9 to 155.9

Cheapest I spotted in the last week was 150.9 @ Applegreen in Bunclody.

Petrol in New Ross has increased from 151.9 to 156.9 overnight ( Topaz )

Topaz (Denis O'Brien) grrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 4,563 ✭✭✭eagerv

Unfortunately crude oil has been increasing lately. Also the Euro has weakened a few percent.

We can expect a general increase in pump prices soon.

• Advertisement

152.8 in Ferns for unleaded.

Wexford town still have very low prices on fuel. Boggan motors Texaco on the Newtown road have theirs I would say the lowest around!
    Unleaded 149.8
    Diesel 142.8

I also spotted the garage up the road from Boggans, JJ Byrnes as it used to be. I think it's Apple now. They seem to follow Boggans on their own prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Conas

What's happening in Iraq and Ukraine will cause it to go up more in the near future.

Petrol 154.9 in Waterford for ages , but still 158.9 cheapest in New Ross

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Marhay70

153.9 in Great gas Gorey. Actually saw it for 150.9 in Clontarf, Dublin, which is the cheapest I've seen anywhere for a while.

What's the latest coal/briquettes/firewood deals in the Ford lads and lassies?

What's the latest coal/briquettes/firewood deals in the Ford lads and lassies?

Old Dublin Road Fuels in Enniscorthy seems to be the cheapest that I found.

^^^

Any prices for us? For top quality coal and briquettes?

^^^

Any prices for us? For top quality coal and briquettes?

I'll be stocking up on stove coal this week so I'll suss out prices,last time I got some they had held off adding on the Govt. Levy.

• Advertisement

Petrol in Applegreen Ferns : 150.8, Diesel 140.8

Arklow had reduced theirs to 149.8 & Diesel to 139.8 this morning.

Enniscorthy still 4 or 5c per litre dearer.

Advertisement