Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due September 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Leogirl

Novella wrote: »
    That's what my mam said! I hope I bring some sunshine with me too, or at least that it doesn't rain for the two weeks straight that I'm there. :) I'm 25 weeks now and will be leaving here when I'm 27 weeks and flying home at 29 weeks. I've gotten approval from my doctor and the airline already to fly, I'm just hoping I don't suddenly get huge and uncomfortable! :pac:

How far along are you and how are you feeling?

I'm 23 weeks. They keep changing my date. I'm feeling good but the sciatica is still bad - been off work for ages now. I'm far from big+still hardly showing but i do have a bump now but not visible unless I wear more fitted clothes. It feels a bit weird! And the stronger kicks still startle me a bit. Other than sciatica though this has been a dream pregnancy. I've been very lucky. Dying for a proper bump though- everyone keeps telling me how tiny I am+ that they wouldn't know i was pregnant :-( Wish they'd think before saying stuff like that. I was worried until I got my big scan+was told all is bang on- inc her size!

How are you? Hope your big scan was all good. I was so so happy+ excited!!

Wishing baby would kick for my OH now!! He's feeling a bit sad+keeps saying she hides on him :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭texas star

Hi Kacey77 welcome.Hope your keeping well?In the last week I've become huge didn't see that happening.Having an exciting time choosing names.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Kaylami

Hi ladies hope your all well.

23 & 5 today feeling surprisingly good. I'm normally awful when pregnant from beginning to end between infections and typical pregnancy things. Heartburn is my nemesis at this stage.

Off work for the bank holiday weekend and bought paint for the bedroom.

Let the nesting commence

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Leogirl wrote: »
    I'm 23 weeks. They keep changing my date. I'm feeling good but the sciatica is still bad - been off work for ages now. I'm far from big+still hardly showing but i do have a bump now but not visible unless I wear more fitted clothes. It feels a bit weird! And the stronger kicks still startle me a bit. Other than sciatica though this has been a dream pregnancy. I've been very lucky. Dying for a proper bump though- everyone keeps telling me how tiny I am+ that they wouldn't know i was pregnant :-( Wish they'd think before saying stuff like that. I was worried until I got my big scan+was told all is bang on- inc her size!

How are you? Hope your big scan was all good. I was so so happy+ excited!!

Wishing baby would kick for my OH now!! He's feeling a bit sad+keeps saying she hides on him :-(

They changed my date in the very beginning but I didn't mind because it put me about a week ahead of where I thought I was. :) Has yours changed by much?

I'm the same as you really. I tend to wear looser tops so I wear all of my usual tops and you can only see a bump if I'm wearing something tight. If I ever mention I'm pregnant people are like, "What, really?". I hate people commenting on size in pregnancy, it's the worst. No pregnant woman wants to hear that she looks "too small".

Yeah, my scan was great. Do you get anymore at your hospital? I don't have another scan but I'm hoping to book myself in to see the baby in 3d.

And EXACT SAME! I always grab my husband's hand when baby kicks but he's only felt it once and he was kind of like, "Yeah, I think I felt something?". I want him to feel a big kick!
    texas star wrote: »
    Hi Kacey77 welcome.Hope your keeping well?In the last week I've become huge didn't see that happening.Having an exciting time choosing names.:)

Choosing names is the hardest! Do you have anything in mind? I can't settle on one at all.
    Kaylami wrote: »
    Hi ladies hope your all well.

23 & 5 today feeling surprisingly good. I'm normally awful when pregnant from beginning to end between infections and typical pregnancy things. Heartburn is my nemesis at this stage.

Off work for the bank holiday weekend and bought paint for the bedroom.

Let the nesting commence

Glad to hear you're doing well. :) I am going crazy getting my house in order. I just moved in a month ago so still getting settled really but I have all of these ideas of things I want to get done before baby arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Also on the September list, well my wife is. Little scared of coping as our other will be just 20 months and he's demanding. Still all to look forward to.

• Advertisement

Welcome balmedout!

They do say it's easier with a smaller gap. That's what I keep telling myself.
    Our youngest will be 13 months when this little Madam arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Welcome balmedout!

They do say it's easier with a smaller gap. That's what I keep telling myself.
    Our youngest will be 13 months when this little Madam arrives.

That'll be tough. I'm sure its going to be easier in the long run, its the first few years im worried about!

No names picked can't even come close to agreeing probably pick names out of a bag lol.Is anyone considering homebirth?I rang home birth association yesterday.Just waiting on info.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

I want the baby NOW! I have everything ready, hospital bag packed, room ready for baby...I can't wait another 15 weeks :o I shouldn't wish the weeks away, and I'm so grateful that I'm feeling so great lately. I just feel like I've been pregnant for ages, can't believe I'm only 25 weeks. I will be insane by week 35!

I am taking on a two hour drive to the airport, followed by an eleven hour flight tomorrow (or later today in Irish time) all by myself. 27 weeks pregnant, wish me luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭je551e

I am taking on a two hour drive to the airport, followed by an eleven hour flight tomorrow (or later today in Irish time) all by myself. 27 weeks pregnant, wish me luck!

Best of luck Novella , you'll be fine

Thank you :)

I'm on the flight now. Person in front is fully reclined in his seat and a few times he's slammed himself back into his chair and sent my iPad flying on to my bump. Poor baba got a fright one time I think, starting kicking me like crazy. It's also quite hard when I need to get up to use the bathroom because there's not much space! Otherwise all is going well!

Thank you :)

I'm on the flight now. Person in front is fully reclined in his seat and a few times he's slammed himself back into his chair and sent my iPad flying on to my bump. Poor baba got a fright one time I think, starting kicking me like crazy. It's also quite hard when I need to get up to use the bathroom because there's not much space! Otherwise all is going well!

Welcome home Novella!

Inconsiderate people like that should be shot. Hope you rest up and take it easy now x

Welcome home Novella!

Inconsiderate people like that should be shot. Hope you rest up and take it easy now x

Thanks! :) Made it home in one piece, albeit with huge swollen ankles and feet but delighted to be here. I've already been stuffing my face with food I can't get back in the US! Belly is definitely gonna be bigger when I return and it won't all be baby!

After that miserable sickness bug I've spent today eating all around me!

Nothing is safe tonight in my kitchen

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭sullivk

Is anybody else feeling absolutely HUGE?! I feel like belly has had a massive growth spurt since my big scan nearly 3 weeks ago.

I'm almost 26 weeks and I feel like a blimp. If I keep growing at this rate God knows how big I'll be in 14 weeks... I'm scared!! 😱

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Leogirl

sullivk wrote: »
    Is anybody else feeling absolutely HUGE?! I feel like belly has had a massive growth spurt since my big scan nearly 3 weeks ago.

I'm almost 26 weeks and I feel like a blimp. If I keep growing at this rate God knows how big I'll be in 14 weeks... I'm scared!! 😱

I'm 25 weeks, 26 on Sunday+up to last week I'd been complaining i wasnt showing at all. Now i'm most definitely pregnant!! I don't have that cute basketball bump others get sometimes- mine is high. Its a girl+ a few people say boys are usually that neater ball bump! Had to buy size 14+16 tops yesterday- size 12 bottoms still fit OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭sullivk

I'm only 5'1 and petite so baby has nowhere to go but out I suppose! I've gained a stone so far. Although I don't feel too bad in the mornings, as the day goes on I feel alot more swollen and blimp-ish!
    But so long as baby is growing well that's the main thing :)

I feel like my belly has gotten a lot bigger in the last few weeks (27+6 now) but all I hear is how tiny I am and how "neat" I look. I suppose people mean it as a compliment but I'm dying to have a proper, obvious bump.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Tilly Tally

Hi everyone,

I'm a bit late joining the group but I'm due baby no.2 in the middle of September. I'm very jealous of all of ye with your tiny bumps - I've been showing from 8 weeks (lads at work guessed my news long before I said anything!) and I'm just growing daily. Though it really is all just bump but a very sticky-out bump. Apparently this is what I should expect with my second??!! Freaking out slightly about baby size as my first was big enough and they've already mentioned about monitoring baby's size closer to the end.

Is anyone doing the domino scheme? I decided to go for it cos it sounded more friendly and relaxed and I get to skip all the endless hours sitting in the hospital waiting area!

• Advertisement

This is baby no 4 for me and I've a massive bump! But I've actually lost 10kg since my booking appointment at 12 weeks.

I needed to lose the weight especially since I put on 4 stone with my last baby! She's 10 months now.

Definitely not complaining just find it odd people commenting that I've lost weight when it looks like I've swallowed a beach ball!

The hunger! Oh my god the hunger.
    I'm eating all around me I cannot stop.

Big healthy dinner steamed veg,pasta and fish. Loads of it too!

Not even 3 hours later and I'm on my second bowl of porridge. Please tell me I'm not alone!

The hunger! Oh my god the hunger.
    I'm eating all around me I cannot stop.

Big healthy dinner steamed veg,pasta and fish. Loads of it too!

Not even 3 hours later and I'm on my second bowl of porridge. Please tell me I'm not alone!

You are not alone! I ate two full dinners today, hours apart but still, two dinners!

Hi Tilly Tally I'm doing domino care as well.No hospital appointments which is great.I'm also doing Gentle Birth at home with my CDs I can't sing it's praises enough.

The hunger is crazy. I find I'm starved all morning so end up having two breakfasts of porridge and fruit an hour apart and then still need something around 11am or I won't make lunch. Then after a big lunch, I'll still be hungry again by 3pm and need something. (Am currently eating soda bread with mashed avocado and cheese and giant cup of tea!!) Then it totally dies off in the evening and I'm not hugely interested in dinner only I know I need to eat. Oh and then the acid indigestion kicks in... Its all great fun!

Domino care scheme seems good so far - have only had 2 hospital appointments so far (12 weeks and 20 weeks) and didn't have to join the giant queue for either of them. I was given the gentle birth book and cds but haven't had a chance to look at them yet. Do they really help??

Has anyone had the whooping cough vaccination yet? I'm booked in for mine Friday week but not looking forward to it, heard you can feel fairly sick after it.

I don't know anything about whooping cough injection as it was never mentioned to me.As for gentle birth oh definitely give it a go.I was a sceptic till I did the course and now listen every nite to my affirmations.Half the time I fall asleep before the end of CD which I read is a good thing.Its really just giving you the tools to have a calm and confident birth which I really like the idea of.I was swinging towards homebirth but decided it's not for me on my first baby.I hope to get a birthing pool for my house to help when I go into labour before going to hospital.

Has your gp not mentioned whooping cough vaccine? I was told its new HSE guidelines and all pregnant women have to get it between 28-32 weeks. Maybe my gp is just being extra cautious!

Do you think just reading the book and listening to cds would be enough? I didn't look into doing any courses. I do like the idea of a calmer birth though. I was induced with my first and everything was so quick and intense when it started that I kinda went into panic mode. I'm afraid I'll do the same this time. But midwives said that that's a common reaction to being induced so if I can go naturally myself, it will be totally different experience. Fingers crossed anyway!

No nobody mentioned whooping cough to me.Yeah I'm with u on having a calm birth.When I do my birth plan I'll be putting in my notes as little intervention as possible,once baby is fine and I'm fine my body will know what to do I sound like the affirmation now LOL.You've been through it before so you know what to expect I'm just going by my cds cause there's too many people out there dying to tell me horror stories and I'm not having it.

texas star wrote: »
    No nobody mentioned whooping cough to me.Yeah I'm with u on having a calm birth.When I do my birth plan I'll be putting in my notes as little intervention as possible,once baby is fine and I'm fine my body will know what to do I sound like the affirmation now LOL.You've been through it before so you know what to expect I'm just going by my cds cause there's too many people out there dying to tell me horror stories and I'm not having it.

Everyone loves to tell the horror stories!

I have had a lot of medical intervention on each birth induced with 1 & 3 and c section with 2.

Have to say I found the 2 labours really good. For no 3 my body knew exactly what it was doing. I knew what position would be must comfortable and when I felt baby moving down I knew it was time to push.

Was very calm and empowering!

• Advertisement

Well I hope my birth is like yours so Kaylami.Who knows what will happen on the day but at least I'll have done my homework in preparing.

Advertisement