Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due September 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭texas star

Hi everybody I just thought I'd introduce myself I'm due September our first baby.I'm 19 weeks gone.Very excited.Have big scan next week we won't be finding out sex want to wait for the big surprise.Reading through old post my heart goes out to some of you girls. I've been blessed with no sickness I've actually never felt better in my life.Just wondering if anyone is doing Gentle birth I've signed up for course in 3 weeks time and got the CD and book so going to start this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭je551e

This thread is very quiet , how is everyone doing?

Just wondering if all goes well with baby and labour what's the normal amount of time you are kept in hospital with your first?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

je551e wrote: »
    This thread is very quiet , how is everyone doing?

Just wondering if all goes well with baby and labour what's the normal amount of time you are kept in hospital with your first?

When I was in hospital recently a woman beside me had her baby at 5.30am on Monday, straightforward labour and delivery. She was asked if she wanted to go home on Tuesday (would be discharged at 1pm-ish), but she chose to stay until Wednesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭seventeen sheep

When I was in hospital recently a woman beside me had her baby at 5.30am on Monday, straightforward labour and delivery. She was asked if she wanted to go home on Tuesday (would be discharged at 1pm-ish), but she chose to stay until Wednesday.

I had my baby at just after midnight in Holles St and was asked if I wanted to go home later that same day, as the ward was overcrowded. I said I'd rather not as I wasn't comfortable looking after the baby by myself just yet. Shortly afterwards, a midwife came to check on us and noticed that my baby didn't look right - he looked fine to me, I didn't know any different, as he was my first. He had low blood sugar and ended up in intensive care - could have been a lot worse if I'd agreed to go home to free up the bed!

I think we were in four days in the end, until he was stabilised. By all means go home as soon as possible when you feel ready, but don't be afraid to ask to stay longer if you don't.

I think the usual is 2-3 nights on your first, maybe 1 night on later babies (assuming normal birth etc.)

I had my baby at just after midnight in Holles St and was asked if I wanted to go home later that same day, as the ward was overcrowded. I said I'd rather not as I wasn't comfortable looking after the baby by myself just yet. Shortly afterwards, a midwife came to check on us and noticed that my baby didn't look right - he looked fine to me, I didn't know any different, as he was my first. He had low blood sugar and ended up in intensive care - could have been a lot worse if I'd agreed to go home to free up the bed!

I think we were in four days in the end, until he was stabilised. By all means go home as soon as possible when you feel ready, but don't be afraid to ask to stay longer if you don't.

I think the usual is 2-3 nights on your first, maybe 1 night on later babies (assuming normal birth etc.)

Thanks , I actually want to stay a few days, definitely 2-3 days. I'd be the worrying kind and would feel better.

SS you really had close one , things could have been so different

What do you all think of booking a private Anomaly scan ? Is it worth it for peace of mind? Its not done as standard in my hospital

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Kaylami

With my first I stayed 2 nights. Straightforward delivery no pain relief etc I was blessed.

2nd was a section and I managed to catch pneumonia at the same time. So 5 night stay for us.

3rd was born at 1.30am on the Friday. Home by 3 pm Saturday. Once again straight forward delivery.

I'm in holles street this time hoping to be in and out as soon as possible. Think the minimum is 6 hours.

Kaylami wrote: »
    With my first I stayed 2 nights. Straightforward delivery no pain relief etc I was blessed.

2nd was a section and I managed to catch pneumonia at the same time. So 5 night stay for us.

3rd was born at 1.30am on the Friday. Home by 3 pm Saturday. Once again straight forward delivery.

I'm in holles street this time hoping to be in and out as soon as possible. Think the minimum is 6 hours.

So every pregnancy has been very different for you... 6 hours sounds so quick though .. I will just have to wait and see how it goes for me

I've been induced twice with both natural births. Waters broke at 9.30pm with first baby in arms at 5.35am. Waters broke at 6 pm with 3rd baby in arms at 1.30am.

So pretty consistent labours time wise. Pain wise no comparison. I didn't even realise I was having contractions with my first until I was 9cm. 2nd time I was crying for gas and air at 4cm.

I've been induced twice with both natural births. Waters broke at 9.30pm with first baby in arms at 5.35am. Waters broke at 6 pm with 3rd baby in arms at 1.30am.

So pretty consistent labours time wise. Pain wise no comparison. I didn't even realise I was having contractions with my first until I was 9cm. 2nd time I was crying for gas and air at 4cm.

Thanks for sharing , so nervous about the labour so doing a lot of reading up about it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I used to love bagels with cream cheese before I got pregnant and from about 6 weeks onwards, the very thought of eating that ever again made me want to throw up. Today I had a cream cheese bagel for lunch and it was delicious! If I couldn't feel the baby moving around, I'd almost think I'm not pregnant at all! I'm feeling great and after weeks of sickness, so thankful.

I have also just scheduled myself a Hypnobirthing consultation. I am eager to have a natural birth (but obviously whatever it takes to get baby out safely on the day is fine with me) so I'm excited to find out more.

Crazy that we're halfway or more to meeting our babies! :)

• Advertisement

First proper kicks today.
    Little miss sophia spent the day kicking my desk at work.

It was lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Leogirl

First proper kicks today.
    Little miss sophia spent the day kicking my desk at work.

It was lovely!
    Me too! I got first kicks on Sunday, just 3 but been kicking like mad today! Had only felt little flutters before Sunday- couldn't even be sure it was the baby but there was no denying the first kick. Today was great, feeling it there all day. Now it feels real :-) I'm really gonna be a mummy-woohoo!!!

Yeah leogirl so exciting ☺

We found out the gender were having our 4th little girl!

Had our big scan today it was brilliant baby had a big yawn.Couldn't believe how clear it was.Good luck to everyone who's scan is coming up.It's a brilliant experience.

Had my big scan today too. :) Baby looked great and weighs approximately 15 ounces right now.

Yeah leogirl so exciting ☺

We found out the gender were having our 4th little girl!

Congratulations!! 4 girls!! That's gonna be fun when they're teenagers :):)
    Only joking, it's lovely- i'd have loved more sisters.

Is it ok to dye your hair now in second trimester ? My roots are really bad and need doing.

je551e wrote: »
    Is it ok to dye your hair now in second trimester ? My roots are really bad and need doing.

My doctor said it's fine, just to make sure that the room is well ventilated. I had my roots done a few weeks ago and all is well. :)

How is everybody doing now?

I am feeling a lot of movement these days, it's lovely. Really enjoying this stage of pregnancy. :) Hope you are all well.

Just thinking I would post here too; ours is a very quiet thread!!

I'm feeling lots of movement too. Can feel kicks on the outside now!! Had my anomaly scan yesterday+my little girl is doing great. Everything looked good+healthy. So relieved. I knew it was a girl- put a bet on with my OH!! ;-)

Still in bits with this sciatica though+ it's starting to get me down. Hormones are s bit mad too- not the best combination!!

Apart from all that, feeling great+ its been a dream pregnancy so far+ I'm so happy shes doing well.

Just want my bump to come now!! Bit p*ssed off being told i don't even look pregnant!! If i was huge they'd be saying I was going to have a brute or am I sure its not twins!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 littlebean

Leogirl I'm the same as you, everything going well but sciatica is tough! I tried a few things to help the baby moves when it gets bad which tend to help. Hot bath or getting on all fours and swinging my hips.

I'm booked for an anomaly scan soon, but I'm not sure if I'll go, would you recommend it?

I have a very obvious bump now but only arrived in the last couple of weeks and I'm 23 weeks. Yours will come too you probably just have strong stomach muscles!!

littlebean wrote: »
    Leogirl I'm the same as you, everything going well but sciatica is tough! I tried a few things to help the baby moves when it gets bad which tend to help. Hot bath or getting on all fours and swinging my hips.

I'm booked for an anomaly scan soon, but I'm not sure if I'll go, would you recommend it?

I have a very obvious bump now but only arrived in the last couple of weeks and I'm 23 weeks. Yours will come too you probably just have strong stomach muscles!!

I certainly don't have particularly strong stomach muscles!! I wish!! It is my first though so I think that's made a difference. Also my mum+ sister didn't show til around 7 months on their first + still had good size babies. My mum wasn't even showing much when she gave birth!! I seem to be following them- no morning sickness, no trouble getting pregnant etc.

I would recommend the scan. I feel so relieved now knowing everything is ok- well as in all limbs+digits in place, palate is fine, most importantly all organs seem to be healthy. It's so thorough+ you can put so many worries out of your mind. I don't see any reason not to do it. We opted out of DS tests but that was just because it really wouldn't matter to us. This was just for my peace of mind+ if any complications then we can make plans with docs- ie surgery for hole in heart etc. Plus we were dying to know the sex.

So yep, I'd fully recommend. For me it was a lovely experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭sullivk

I've been lurking on this forum for weeks now. I'm 22 weeks pregnant with my second child (although my first baby is now 12 years old so this may as well be my first!)

Lots of movement at the moment, so sweet!
    I've got my anomaly scan in the rotunda next week so really looking forward to it, fingers crossed.
    They're keeping an eye on me for gestational diabetes, and besides the tiredness and morning dizziness I've been feeling great so far :)

Hope everyone is feeling good!

sullivk wrote: »
    I've been lurking on this forum for weeks now. I'm 22 weeks pregnant with my second child (although my first baby is now 12 years old so this may as well be my first!)

Lots of movement at the moment, so sweet!
    I've got my anomaly scan in the rotunda next week so really looking forward to it, fingers crossed.
    They're keeping an eye on me for gestational diabetes, and besides the tiredness and morning dizziness I've been feeling great so far :)

Hope everyone is feeling good!

You must be due close to me (23rd). Loving all the kicking+movement movement! Of course she wouldn't budge out of my pelvis on scan day!! I was outside the hospital drinking coke+ jumping up+down to get her head out so they could look at it. Usually that's the time she's really active. The bus journey must have made her sleepy.

I went for my routine check up yesterday no problem thank god.Baby bouncing about you could see quivers on my stomach while midwife listened to heartbeat,funny.Did my Gentle birth course last weekend very interesting.I walked away feeling confident in the birth I hope to get.Next appointment 3 weeks time with Dr.Anybody else doing Domino care?

And off on my jollys on Monday lets hope weather be nice and sunny in Algarve.A babymoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kacey77

Hello All, I too have been lurking on this thread last few weeks thought it was about time I joined in. I'm due 23rd with my first all going well so far no sickness etc . Just starting to show have been feeling movement the last couple of weeks.
    Can't believe how fast it is going.

Hope your all keeping well.

Hope everyone is well, really struggling with weight gain, trying my best but it's just piling on. Up 1 St 11lbs .Anyone else in the same boat?

I've just booked myself a flight home (to Ireland, living abroad) which leaves in thirteen days. I'm feeling great now so hope I'm the same when I'm on eleven hour flights at 27 and 29 weeks pregnant.

Novella wrote: »
    I've just booked myself a flight home (to Ireland, living abroad) which leaves in thirteen days. I'm feeling great now so hope I'm the same when I'm on eleven hour flights at 27 and 29 weeks pregnant.

Really hope you bring the summer with you!! :-) How far along are you now?

• Advertisement

Leogirl wrote: »
    Really hope you bring the summer with you!! :-) How far along are you now?

That's what my mam said! I hope I bring some sunshine with me too, or at least that it doesn't rain for the two weeks straight that I'm there. :) I'm 25 weeks now and will be leaving here when I'm 27 weeks and flying home at 29 weeks. I've gotten approval from my doctor and the airline already to fly, I'm just hoping I don't suddenly get huge and uncomfortable! :pac:

How far along are you and how are you feeling?

Advertisement