Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viber Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭hada

picture messages would be fantastic.

Viber is amazing though - so keep up the great work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Anybody else still receiving messages even though the app has been shut down?
    Maybe it's a feature of the app, but it seems strange that if it's actually shut down that I still receive messages.

Oh and as the others have said, picture messages would be great :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Viber

Hi everyone,
    We've got something for you: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=248718625168983&set=a.159436647430515.31697.121349544572559&type=1&ref=nf

Do you think you know what this is? :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Nice! A windows App! So its like Skype now, pretty much. Can you message from there too? Do all your messages automatically sync between your phone and the windows app?

Any news on a (realistic) release date?

Many questions, but very little answers at this stage ;)
    Believe me, once we know, you'll know.

No concrete release dates yet, but we're working hard these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Viber wrote: »
    Hi all,

We're running a quick survey among our users (in Viber-dedicated threads only).

We'd like to hear your opinion: What is Viber missing the most? If you could choose the most important feature that you'd like to see in our next big version - Viber 2.1 - that's coming up soon, what would it be?

Let your voice be heard :)
    Any sign of a BlackBerry release of viber? Thanks Viber ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Forgive me if this has been covered already, but I searched the thread quickly and came up with nada.

My phone, and a friend's phone are both jailbroken on 4.3.3 - occasionally Viber will crash the springboard on receipt of a text. I know Viber don't have to support jailbroken handsets, but I was wondering if anyone else'd come across it?

Owen wrote: »
    Forgive me if this has been covered already, but I searched the thread quickly and came up with nada.

My phone, and a friend's phone are both jailbroken on 4.3.3 - occasionally Viber will crash the springboard on receipt of a text. I know Viber don't have to support jailbroken handsets, but I was wondering if anyone else'd come across it?

Jailbreak interferes with your phone's basic features and this could be the cause for Viber crashing. It might be a Push Notification problem. We've heard that some of our users fixed this problem using something called "Push Doctor", but this is *NOT* an official solution from Viber Media.

Owen wrote: »

Jailbreak interferes with your phone's basic features and this could be the cause for Viber crashing. It might be a Push Notification problem. We've heard that some of our users fixed this problem using something called "Push Doctor", but this is *NOT* an official solution from Viber Media.

I opened Viber for the first time last night in a few days, and I had to register again (i.e. enter my number so I was sent a new activtion code), seemed a bit strange. Anybody else had this issue?

• Advertisement

BDJW wrote: »
    I opened Viber for the first time last night in a few days, and I had to register again (i.e. enter my number so I was sent a new activtion code), seemed a bit strange. Anybody else had this issue?

This is a rare glitch that we have encountered in the past.
    Please provide me with the following info:
    - What device do you have?
    - Which Android or iOS version? Do you have a custom ROM isntalled (or Jailbreak) ?

This is a rare glitch that we have encountered in the past.
    Please provide me with the following info:
    - Which Android or iOS version? Do you have a custom ROM isntalled (or Jailbreak) ?

I have an iPhone 3gs. It's running 4.2.1 which I have jailbroken. I have had the phone jailbroken for quite some time without making any changes, so just found what happened last night a bit strange!

Well, there is a logical explanation for this: someone could have accidentally entered your phone number when registering to Viber, but this usually comes with an SMS that you get, with a code (because you would be the one receiving it, not the one who mistakenly put your number on their Viber).

You shouldn't worry about privacy issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭keith_d99

App crashes for me quite a bit - it was trying to answer a call today and the app crashed. Was over 3G if that has any consequence

keith_d99 wrote: »
    App crashes for me quite a bit - it was trying to answer a call today and the app crashed. Was over 3G if that has any consequence

Did you send the crash logs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Did you send the crash logs?

iOS 4.3.5
    iPhone 3GS
    No jailbreak/custom rom
    Just checked the app there - couldn't find a way to see/send logs?

Thanks!

On Android, there's a way to send logs upon crash. We still haven't added this option on iOS yet.

We don't really have a way of knowing the source of your crash. I suggest you remove Viber, and only then reinstall from AppStore. Let me know if it reoccurs still.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

I dont know if this has been mentioned yet but when im sending text messages off Viber the message seems to be sent several time (12 times the most) is there any explanation for this ?

Caveman1 wrote: »
    I dont know if this has been mentioned yet but when im sending text messages off Viber the message seems to be sent several time (12 times the most) is there any explanation for this ?

I've noticed this. Well not that I'm sending messages a few times, but I sometimes receive the same text 3 or 4 times from people

BDJW wrote: »
    I've noticed this. Well not that I'm sending messages a few times, but I sometimes receive the same text 3 or 4 times from people

Are you both using iPhones or Android?

Please specify your device type, OS version and whether or not you're using a custom ROM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Are you both using iPhones or Android?

Please specify your device type, OS version and whether or not you're using a custom ROM.

I'm using an I phone 4, everyone that txts me on viber is using an I phone aswell and it's happening with all them.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I am looking for some help with Viber on a 1st Gen iPhone running iOS 3.1.3.

The "Continue" button doesn't respond when I click it, despite checking that notifications are on, internet is connected and that I am running the latest version of the app.

I also tried it on a different internet provider, just to rule out the provider might be blocking it.

Any suggestions?

@Caveman1 -
    Thanks for the info. We will look into it, but we ask for your patience until the release of our upcoming Viber 2.1. We hope that the problem will be solved with this new release, and if it doesn't (after both sides install it) - please do let me know.

@Tom Dunne -
    Unfortunately, Viber supports only iPhone 3G and above. It says so in our official website, and at this stage development for older versions is not planned :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

@Tom Dunne -
    Unfortunately, Viber supports only iPhone 3G and above. It says so in our official website, and at this stage development for older versions is not planned :(

Hmmmm, then this bit is wrong:
    Requirements: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 3.1 or later

Taken from here: http://itunes.apple.com/app/viber-free-phone-calls/id382617920?mt=8

:)

Ah well, not to worry. Thanks for getting back to me.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

So any news on the Windows app? I hope its not going to be another long drawn out release...

@Tom Dunne - You are right this info is not accurate :/
    Note that our official website is:
    http://helpme.viber.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/List

You can find the most current info there, sorry for the misunderstanding.

@Zascar - We are working hard on this version but still don't have an exact release date yet. Trust me - we also want to release it as soon as possible.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 5,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭culabula

@Viber: you've been announcing that the iPad version is coming soon for ages on iTunes -while the iPhone version functions perfectly on the iPad, it's plain ugly. Any chance of this update?

culabula wrote: »
    @Viber: you've been announcing that the iPad version is coming soon for ages on iTunes -while the iPhone version functions perfectly on the iPad, it's plain ugly. Any chance of this update?

You are quite right. It has been a while since we posted the "coming soon message", but we have to be honest - like all companies, we too have limited resources, and at this stage we prefer focusing our attention on other projects that are prioritized much higher - fixing critical bugs on Android and iOS, finishing our upcoming Viber 2.1 (that has a great bundle of new features) and speeding up Viber on Blackberry and Viber for PC.

So - trust us, it is definitely on our list, but it might take a little while :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 5,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭culabula

You are quite right. It has been a while since we posted the "coming soon message", but we have to be honest - like all companies, we too have limited resources, and at this stage we prefer focusing our attention on other projects that are prioritized much higher - fixing critical bugs on Android and iOS, finishing our upcoming Viber 2.1 (that has a great bundle of new features) and speeding up Viber on Blackberry and Viber for PC.

So - trust us, it is definitely on our list, but it might take a little while :(

OK, copy that, thanks. In the meantime, it does function perfectly well on iPad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

I'm assuming v2.1 will have MMS capabilities similar to What App messenger? That for me is the big function that its currently missing.

Advertisement