Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you live - Reviews! (All Accommodation Qs go here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lizzy25

Any first years staying in Brookfield Hall this year??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Just checked into Plassey for my second year in a row :eek: If anyone has any questions about it feel free to ask!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

Thomond has wifi now! Great reception all over the apartment too. Kilmurry are supposedly getting it in the next week or two :cool:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Thomond has wifi now! Great reception all over the apartment too. Kilmurry are supposedly getting it in the next week or two :cool:

This is typical.

Spent 8 years in primary school, bitching about the fact that the penalty areas on our football pitch were literally gravel, the year after I left they redid the football pitch and got interactive whiteboards in each classroom.

Spent 5 years living on campus bitching about no wifi, and now this...

Bastards. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

So has Plassey!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

So has Plassey!

Seriously? Dammit, that would happen when we all move out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 teashark

Wifi in Cappa as of Week one of 2015/16. Both ulwireless and eduroam (secured). 2-beds have new flatscreen TV's, 4 and 6 beds still have the old ones though. And they finally saw the light and ordered _decent_ frying pans, proper Tefal teflon ones! All is good in Cappa, great value for money!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 heuston644

if anyone on here knows of any available rooms in houses near UL will you let me know as im badly stuck for accomodation

• Registered Users Posts: 14 tommy_flag

I live in primrose, so expensive. SO expensive. I feel like for this money I should be living in dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭pa limerick

Do ye think plassey will change my mattress because once I took my mattress protector off there were aload of piss stains like not just one, so I decided to turn it but it's not much better on the other side and it's sorta disgusting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Do ye think plassey will change my mattress because once I took my mattress protector off there were aload of piss stains like not just one, so I decided to turn it but it's not much better on the other side and it's sorta disgusting?

Worth a try. Wouldn't expect a new mattress instantly as they'll probably order it or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

jamo2oo9 wrote:
    Worth a try. Wouldn't expect a new mattress instantly as they'll probably order it or something.

I think there's mattresses in the store room which they'll swap for

Anybody know of or have a spare room in the upper end of Castletroy? - Elm, Milford, Briarfield, Glanntan, Fox Hollow, Hazelwood, etc?

Reasons - Unfortunately had to say no to an extra housemate as our house is too small, despite having a spare (store) bedroom. Please if anyone has anything, I would be grateful, this girl is stuck for a place and needs it as she just got a job in Castletroy. I hate having to have said no and feel guilty... but I can't sacrifice the living conditions just to be nice :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Looks like CLS have finally taken over Troy. Hopefully it won't be such a dump from now on.

Hey there, I have a room available in a shared apartment. Here are all of the details:

10 minute walk to Castletroy Shopping centre, close by to UL.

Type of Property: Shared bottom floor apartment.

Type of Letting: Shared 8 or 9 month lease from December or January. Double Bedroom with own bathroom (not en-suite).

Rent: 275 euro a month, bins and parking included.

Bills: All level pay split between three people.

Facilities: Bins, parking, washing machine, microwave, dishwasher, bath, own bathroom, gas boiler & central heating.

Special Requirements: References, proof of I.D. and proof of employment/studies needed. Deposit is 275e up front.

I can send pictures and organise meetings and viewings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭FionnK86

Any rooms available for this semester? PM please.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

I got one in Thomond, but I think it was the last room left. I rang on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Cookie2016

Groody or Brookfield ? Which is better ? Do any of them have any major cons? Thanks !

Cookie2016 wrote: »
    Groody or Brookfield ? Which is better ? Do any of them have any major cons? Thanks !

I was in the reception to Brookfield back in first year waiting to book a place, was advised by another guy there to go to Groody and it was just fantastic. A lot of my experience was down to the great house mates I had.

I'd still go with Groody though.

Daniel S wrote: »
    I was in the reception to Brookfield back in first year waiting to book a place, was advised by another guy there to go to Groody and it was just fantastic. A lot of my experience was down to the great house mates I had.

I'd still go with Groody though.

• Advertisement

No wifi back then and the internet was nearly as bad as Brookfield, but I think that's been sorted since. Showers were grand!

Daniel S wrote: »
    No wifi back then and the internet was nearly as bad as Brookfield, but I think that's been sorted since. Showers were grand!

Wifi in groody can be brutal enough but it's not the worst. Showers are great but Brookfield has a bus.

Any recommendations of accommodation for a 1st year ? Near Ul and it can be on campus as no more 1st years can apply :L any suggestions really! Thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

Any recommendations of accommodation for a 1st year ? Near Ul and it can be on campus as no more 1st years can apply :L any suggestions really! Thanks :)

Have you looked at Troy Village? Friends live there and I think it's it's really good for what you pay and get. Bit of a walk from CA pus but nothing insane, a bike would be useful.

Do you know people thinking of going to UL? Maybe try and get a house together off campus. Imo I think Milford is the most reliable. College Court is fairly hit and miss but it's still pretty good!

Got an email this morning saying theres one space left in a first year house in thomond, best give them a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 eilish_k

I haven't managed to get on campus accommodation for UL. I'm in 6th year at the moment. If I could get somewhere, I was thinking kilmurry or plassey, even though I have heard plassey is a rough spot.
    I was looking at Troy or Groody for the time being and I'm not sure which one to go with? Anyone have any input? :)

eilish_k wrote: »
    I haven't managed to get on campus accommodation for UL. I'm in 6th year at the moment. If I could get somewhere, I was thinking kilmurry or plassey, even though I have heard plassey is a rough spot.
    I was looking at Troy or Groody for the time being and I'm not sure which one to go with? Anyone have any input? :)

Troy and Groody 6 beds are one in the same but I'm not sure if you can still get Troy? Troy have better security but if you're looking for something more lax I would say Groody, who just opened their booking so apply quick, especially if it's cheaper. However, last year I missed on campus accommodation but applied the day of CAO offers and got Thomond.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

A question for all the wise people here... my brother is looking to go to UL this September (I had no influence on this at all, I swear :P), but on campus accommodation is already closed. Mum doesn't want to wait until offers come out, so the options are really between Troy and Groody. I've never lived in either so I've no idea what they're like, nevermind if they're good for first years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Cuuulann

in 6th year atm and thinking of going for courtyard when it opens up for applications , im moving up from cork so anyone whos a good laugh thinking of going there too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

sup_dude wrote: »
    A question for all the wise people here... my brother is looking to go to UL this September (I had no influence on this at all, I swear :P), but on campus accommodation is already closed. Mum doesn't want to wait until offers come out, so the options are really between Troy and Groody. I've never lived in either so I've no idea what they're like, nevermind if they're good for first years.

I'm in Groody atm, and id highly recommend it. Warm and big houses, and the price is very reasonable for a double bed en suite. Has an on campus feel about it too so it'd be good craic for a first year with parties and the like.

I haven't heard great things about Troy, but that may have changed since CLS took it over so I can't comment.

Advertisement