Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Assetto corsa

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭c0rn3y

I have no idea, but will let you know when ever I get mine and I start to track the updates hehe =)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Has anyone tried installing custom maps or cars yet. I've download a few tracks from the asseto corsa modding forums but I can't figure out where to put them so the tracks load in game. I've put the tracks zip files in the folders so they appear in the menus but when I try to load the track I get a "track not found" error.

Usually I know what I'm at when it comes to stuff like this but has me lost this time round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

You need to unzip them first. Have a look inside the unzipped folder too, most of them that I've come across have a folder within a folder IE: Snoopies Nordschleife folder will have another folder inside it with the same name that contains the actual files. So you want to transfer the folder with the files rather than the folder containing the folder with all the files, if that makes sense.

The tracks go into your steam folder. I think it's steam>steam apps>Assetto Corsa> content > Tracks or cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

ScumLord wrote: »
    You need to unzip them first. Have a look inside the unzipped folder too, most of them that I've come across have a folder within a folder IE: Snoopies Nordschleife folder will have another folder inside it with the same name that contains the actual files. So you want to transfer the folder with the files rather than the folder containing the folder with all the files, if that makes sense.

The tracks go into your steam folder. I think it's steam>steam apps>Assetto Corsa> content > Tracks or cars.

Could have swore I tried that but went at it again and working now :cool:

Gentrack one may have one of the worst names you can give a track but it's actually pretty good and well made.

This could be the best mod ever for Assetto Corsa.

The reliant robin

It's got proper 3 wheel physics and is very easy to roll. It's a bit like trying to manage a very large vehicle because the weight moves around so much. You have to get your entry speeds right but when you do it corners really well.

Overall though it's just pure fun, I can't wait to race this car online, it would be crazy.

Another mod car released is the Shelby Cobra 427. It's not a particularly fast car, or has particularly good handling but it's classic American muscle.

A GP2 mod is out as well.

Maybe the lack of features at this stage. It is still just a driving simulator with some basic race options at the moment. I can't get enough of it though, I tried rFactor 2 again a while ago and thought the cars felt very flat, in that you couldn't feel the suspension working and the weight transfer as easily as with Assetto corsa. I'm having some very competitive races over at racedepartment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭_HULK_SMASH!

Maybe the lack of features at this stage. It is still just a driving simulator with some basic race options at the moment. I can't get enough of it though, I tried rFactor 2 again a while ago and thought the cars felt very flat, in that you couldn't feel the suspension working and the weight transfer as easily as with Assetto corsa. I'm having some very competitive races over at racedepartment.

Just a thought, you might have already tried it, but have you tried the Car Specific FFB Multiplier? I found exactly what you felt, lackluster feedback. I couldnt feel what the tyres were doing, until I tried it. Its in the control settings section in the middle of the screen.

I have mine set to 1.5, up from 1.0 for the Skippy. When I did this the FFB became stronger and more detailed, I could feel better what the tyres were doing and felt more in control and was faster.. Anyway, something to try perhaps.

Clive.

The updates are coming back this Friday. Kunos have confirmed the Mercedes SLS.

They've also been dropping loads of pictures of Spa, they haven't really confirmed or denied that Spa will be included. I'd say the photos might have just been because of the F1 GP there last weekend.

The pictures of Spa show some new graphic effects though which may be coming in this update on Friday.

1502211_949649598394692_8212164404243243476_o.jpg

10629354_950129861679999_1481862301566635618_o.jpg

10639441_950822501610735_3027118282995621723_n.jpg

They also announced a Toyota license that will include.

Production:
    GT-86
    Supra MK IV
    Celica
    AE-86

Racing:
    GT-86 GT4
    TS040 Hybrid LMP1 Le mans car.

• Advertisement

I only got to spend some time with it on Friday/Saturday. I had big performance increases. I've gone from medium settings to high while still maintaining 60fps.

There have been 7 updates since Friday so the current version should be 22.7.

I know it broke a lot of the mods and they can be causing difficulty, some have gone for clean installs.

OSI wrote: »
    Might go for the fresh install myself. Even the controls were showing a lot of lag.
    That's strange, it could be an app so try uninstalling them first maybe, but I haven't had any problems. I sort of gave up on apps two updates ago because the information in them was all messed up, I couldn't rely on them to give me race position or even the right amount of laps so I have most of them off since.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Squidwert

Rift support has been fixed. Now it looks amazing. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭Darwin

Yes I can imagine it looks incredible on the Rift. I have 3D Vision glasses, and the sense of depth is really compelling, I couldn't go back to playing any racing sim now without proper 3D support. I'm not a big fan of multiplayer racing so must give the career mode a tryout this weekend.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 145 ✭✭SameDiff

This is a most stunning sim. I have a fairly lousy PC and it still is blasting GT6 on the PS3 away.

I am absolutely loving it, it drives beautifully too. You know when a sim is good when you are happy just hotlapping.

Magnificent work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Got this a couple of weeks ago, a G27 and a wheelstand pro.

Man alive its awesome! It brings me right back to playing GPL over 10 years ago. Haven't played anything like that since then.

I just cant stop driving the beastly Lotus 98T. I've driven pretty much nothing else since getting it. Dat sound! Dat bang from the turbo!:D

I can feel the days of VROC returning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭c0rn3y

Man alive its awesome! It brings me right back to playing GPL over 10 years ago. Haven't played anything like that since then.

I just cant stop driving the beastly Lotus 98T. I've driven pretty much nothing else since getting it. Dat sound! Dat bang from the turbo!:D

Mike... your post made me smile =)

Anybody tried AC with the DK2 yet? I have the dk2 but just can't find the time to sit down and test it. Damn work taking up all my time.

That split second of "ah s**t" when you shift down and out of the boost range and know you've got a fight to keep it on the road coming when it hits that magic rpm :D

Yeah and second gear WILL kill you if you're too greedy! Especially on an incline. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

VROC oh man the memories, 56k modem dialing up late at night to get a 500 ping so i could race online :)

The guys who made the shelby car mod for AC, that ended up becoming official content it was so good have just released the lamborghini Miura P400SV. It's another fantastic mod with probably some of the best sounds in the game yet. great fun to drive.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/lamborghini-miura-p400sv.4316/

Downloaded a hape of cars and tracks recently. The sound of that Miura is awesome.

This thing is great fun altogether

..gotta love the epic Lotus 98t.

Sorry about the gank quality

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Configured up a local dedicated server for AC yesterday as I wanted a run with a low ping.

Currently featuring the Tatuus Formula Abarth on Imola.

Penalties on, no fuel consumption, 50% damage, 20% tyre wear.

10 minute qually, 10 lap race.

Look for 'ACI TiG Racing'.

Feedback welcome.

Thanks.

Lucutus wrote: »
    Configured up a local dedicated server for AC yesterday as I wanted a run with a low ping.

Feedback welcome.

Thanks.

I'll have a look later tonight

Feedback welcome.

Thanks.

Sweet. I'll try to get on this evening.

Feedback welcome.

Thanks.

Sweet! will look out for it.

We'll have to arrange a race day.

I thought it would be a good idea to race the Miura on the Nords. My god that car is loud through headphones. I was in the RUF and once I started to come up behind the Miura I could hear nothing but it's engine, it actually put me off and I started missing gears.

I'd like to race something old, I can do pretty well in the Tatuas but it's a bit dull. You couldn't say that about the reliant but any race I've been part of with that thing has descended into chaos, so much so it's hard to tell who actually won.

SHELBY COBRA?

SHELBY COBRA?

I vote for the 98t. :D

I tried that server a couple of times but no one was on but I noticed TC was enabled. I took me nearly a lap to realise and that the Abarth isn't dead easy to drive. :D

• Advertisement

I haven't done much in the cobra or 98T, I'd be happy with either. I like cars that are actively trying to murder you.

The 98t is great fun, but the engine is pron to give up (probably the way i drive it thou )

New mod !
    FF1 season 2015,its very impressive to say the least.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ff1-2015.4941/

Quick vid of lap1 from my first race.

I thought these guys had broke up? Will these be the first cars to use DRS and ERS?

There are new teasers for the dream DLC. There's some obvious graphical improvements coming with the 1.1 update. That haze around the car is gone for one thing.

Dcully wrote: »
    New mod !
    FF1 season 2015,its very impressive to say the least.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ff1-2015.4941/

Quick vid of lap1 from my first race.

Sweet! cant wait to try this tonight, they seem to have the engine sound spot on! :)

Sweet! cant wait to try this tonight, they seem to have the engine sound spot on! :)
    It's pretty cool. I don't get why people are always complaining about modern F1 cars, the 2014 ones are a handful, it's so hard to keep your mind running at those speeds. I want to champion the cars in discussions but I always chicken out of saying "well I drove the car in a sim and I thought they were class".

I love pitting the F1 cars against each other just to see the progression. It's huge between decades and the new cars are the fastest. Well until we get some late 90s early 2000 cars in there.

It's pretty cool. I don't get why people are always complaining about modern F1 cars, the 2014 ones are a handful, it's so hard to keep your mind running at those speeds. I want to champion the cars in discussions but I always chicken out of saying "well I drove the car in a sim and I thought they were class".

I love pitting the F1 cars against each other just to see the progression. It's huge between decades and the new cars are the fastest. Well until we get some late 90s early 2000 cars in there.

I remember playing F1 2006 on the PS2 with my first "proper" FFB wheel, the Thrustmaster Williams F1 replica wheel thing. Even built a crappy little rig to hold the thing. It seemed like the pinacle of sim racing back then. I remember my brain could barely keep up when going through the 2 left handers at Pouhon at the spa track in Belgium. It was literally that quick, my brain had problems keeping up ha ha.. I could never have believed what we have nowadays for our hobby, HeadTracking, Triple screens and full VR on the way..

I could never have believed what we have nowadays for our hobby, HeadTracking, Triple screens and full VR on the way..
    Now our brains scream in 3D - HD - surround sound.

Yeah, I was thinking the same recently, if my child self could see me now. :D

• Advertisement

I want to champion the cars in discussions but I always chicken out of saying "well I drove the car in a sim and I thought they were class". .

Yeah, certain folk would probably jump all over it. :p That said they're the most civil bunch of forumers compared to pretty much any other F1 forum I've used.

Back to the sim and modern F1 cars. I've steered clear of any modern sim for the last 10 years. I didn't like it because I just couldn't handle the speed and didn't find fun in it. I think GPL turned me off the modern stuff too.

Have you played much more of the F2015 mod? Whats the verdict? I'm going to give it some time tomorrow.

Yeah i played some more and holy **** its a scarey ride, all aids off ofcourse apart from auto clutch.
    It really is a great mod.

I bought myself a new gfx card and 29" 2560x1080 ultrawide ips monitor for gaming and games look and play brilliantly now but more than any genre racing sims look and play amazing.
    AC,GSC extreme and ETS2 are on a totally new level from my old 24"1920X1200 monitor,immersion goes through the roof.
    Ive tried 3 screens in the past but this monitor is even better imo.

Quick snap from my eyeline with phone camera giving a rough idea of my pov.

attatchment might give better idea

IMAG0134.jpg

Dcully wrote: »
    Yeah i played some more and holy **** its a scarey ride, all aids off ofcourse apart from auto clutch.
    It really is a great mod.

You can say that again! Did a few installation laps at spa and thought, right I got this, time for a race at Suzuka! 30 minutes later after doing 30 restarts im not so sure :p I just couldnt get Degner 1 right, off after off.. Theres dodgy collision detection at that track too, put a couple of wheels off on some corners and smash into an invisible wall...:(

Still, Points I loved were the starts, it feels so real, just like what I saw last year. Hold the revs at the correct amount, click into first when the red lights go out and keep that wheel spin to a minimum clicking through the gears as quick as you can. The sound is beautiful, low down growl as the motor bogs a little then whoosh! You're off!

It can get away from you in fast corners too if you keep the boot down, through Dunlop I got lazy and kept the throttle pinned as I drove around the left hander. The rears lost traction and I ended up in a long powerslide that I couldn't recover from..

You definately need your wits about you driving these beasts.

Dream pack DLC finally got announced.

It's out next week on the 11th of March, it will cost €14.99 normally but there's a 33% discount up until the release.

Pre purchased this yesterday. I f*ckin hate DLC but curiosity got the better of me. I cant wait to see what their creation of The Green Hell is like and the Sauber C9 too. Oh and 4wd too. The modding community will explode!

There was a video of someone doing a lap in the corvette up on youtube briefly (it included the shortened GP track as part of it). It was supposedly the beta version as it had some weird brake markers on the track but it looked incredible. It almost looked like a completely different track compared to Snoopys version. I couldn't get over how different it looked, it looks much narrower, trees look incredible and there's so many of them.

I really can't wait for it.

• Advertisement

For some reason I had it in my head that the Dream Pack was free to early access buyers. Obviously not.
    No, Spa, the SLS and I think the La ferrari were all supposed to be the first DLC but they gave it out for free.

This is actually the second DLC but there is a load more free DLC coming like zandvoort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭Nanastick

Can wait to drive the tourist nordschleife.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Bought the dream pack too. Mainly for the GTR and the Ring. Hopefully its great because after all the spamming Kunos were doing on their facebook page I was getting very sick of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipE5nwCLXcc

Here is a video mentioned above.

Doubt ill make a purchase, most of the content in this is available from the modding community already and is of a pretty high quality.

• Advertisement
Advertisement