Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭morebabies

Thanks for your understanding, much appreciated. My hormones were never as bad in previous pregnancies but this time round I'm either laughing my head off or bawling my brains out. Embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Kaylami

Ah more babies that's perfectly normal hormones make us do very strange things.

I thought from 36weeks you see the clinic each week? I know I have to go every Friday now since they changed it from Wednesday.

They give individual times but everyone arrives at 9 as it's first come first seen where I a.m.

I normally roll in about 11 and out by 12. Clinic finishes for lunch so I have it well timed.

Not feeling great today cramps and just feel "off"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Just reading this and reminiscing, my first was due in August 2012 but decided to be a July baby and arrived 2 weeks early. It's a lovely time to have a baby as by the time they are getting active you're coming into the spring and it's much easier. Best of luck to all the August mummies to be!

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Ah morebabies, it's completely understandable to be feeling up & down, you've had an awful hard time of it, but you're on the home stretch now so hopefully the stress of it eases a bit...Pregnancy hormones are something else!

Ladypip July 31st Rotunda Surprise
    Kaylami Aug 8th Drogheda Girl
    llambert Aug 10th Galway Twin Surprise
    Morebabies Aug 13th-20th Castlebar Boy
    Dermighty Aug 13th Cork Surprise
    Shortstuff! Aug 15th Mullingar Surprise
    staticdoor71 Aug 17th Castlebar Boy
    emer_b Aug 22nd Limerick Girl
    Cameoette Aug 24th Coombe Girl
    Lucuma Aug 30th Cork Girl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭llambert

Ha ha I'm sitting here laughing. I'm awful cruel sometimes. Hubby's birthday today so asked him if he wanted crazy bday sex tonight or try squeeze 2 sessions in next year. The look of panic and horror on his face. Then he tried to be a nice as possible telling me that its not that he doesn't want to have sex with me it just that he would find it very weird now.

Poor thing he hadn't a snowball's chance in hell but was funny listening to him squirm. Oh the thought of trying to get into any position now. Fair play to the ladies who can still manage it :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

llambert wrote: »
    Ha ha I'm sitting here laughing. I'm awful cruel sometimes. Hubby's birthday today so asked him if he wanted crazy bday sex tonight or try squeeze 2 sessions in next year. The look of panic and horror on his face. Then he tried to be a nice as possible telling me that its not that he doesn't want to have sex with me it just that he would find it very weird now.

Poor thing he hadn't a snowball's chance in hell but was funny listening to him squirm. Oh the thought of trying to get into any position now. Fair play to the ladies who can still manage it :-)

omg what I wouldn't give for a sex session.. but alas... I think it would kill me!!!
    sister is taking daughter sat for the night to give us some alone time for his birthday... I think it will be spent sleeping :)

Now static sound like you'll have to control yourself so or you might do yourself an injury!!!

My mw mentioned that some loving might help get things moving down there since baby is fully engaged.

I haven't left the poor man alone since...

Now don't get me wrong there is no romance involved no seducing as it were (as if I could be bothered or actually achieve this)

More I keep shouting you helped put her in now help me get her out.

It's a wonder he hasn't left me yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

Kaylami wrote: »
    My mw mentioned that some loving might help get things moving down there since baby is fully engaged.

I haven't left the poor man alone since...

Now don't get me wrong there is no romance involved no seducing as it were (as if I could be bothered or actually achieve this)

More I keep shouting you helped put her in now help me get her out.

It's a wonder he hasn't left me yet!

haha I almost peeeeeeeee'd laughing there haha

I'm being serious when I say my quiet sat night may be spent sleeping.... oh.. and having a whole meal to my self! !!!

ahhhhh it's the simple things in life!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

Kaylami wrote: »
    QUOTE]

Yeah I don't get why this doesn't always work for everyone. Y'know that gel that they put on to induce labour? That's made from prostaglandins, and there are prostaglandins in sperm but for some reason they don't work as efficiently in sperm as they do in the gel. Still though I reckon as it's actually based on scientific fact as opposed to being an old wive's tale, it's worth a try! ;)

Exactly lucama!

I like that there is scientific reasoning behind it.
    I'd imagine the gel is more effective because it would be a concentrate amount?

Although I'm willing to try most of the old wives tales I just want to get back to being a mammy and being able to run around with my girls.

Castor oil is one I definitely won't be tryin though!

Very productive day. Got our bags packed. I had to try squish my stuff into smaller bag. The twins look like they will be staying forever but had to bring almost everything on the list x 2.

Have found out that if I have them myself will probably be in for 3 nights all going well and 4 if I'm given a c-section. Suppose it all depends when they arrive. Really hope not too early. Would be in bits if I had to go home without them. So I'll be the only one on here not using any of the tips to bring on labour :-)

Llambert that's good that you got everything packed! I can only imagine how much stuff is needed for 2!

Had my 36week clinic today and met my new consultant have to say I was really impressed.

She explained that because it's a vbac we would much prefer I start myself as they can't induce using gel etc so if my cervix isn't favourable it's another section. The latest they will let me go is 41week's.

It's nice to know what exactly is the plan

At least you know the plan now Kaylami and you have a definite end date. Hopefully you'll go before 41 weeks yourself.

Thanks llambert

She examined me said baby is fully engaged and shed be very surprised if I didn't go soon but it's not a exact science.

Been goin for a nice waddle each evening to try and move things along.

Feels like a waiting game and I have no patience for it!

Oh God girlies the dramas.

After having the worlds easiest pregnancy upto today.

Started a fairly significant bled earlier today. In hospital now to be monitored. Babies heartbeats are good. They think that maybe the low lying placenta is the problem will know more tomorrow when I'm scanned

Have been given first steroid injection will get second one tomorrow afternoon incase of emergency section.

Bleeding has lessen so hopefully things settle back down. Was in a right state earlier. The only thing was thankfully it was the wknd and hubby was home.

Hopefully get to keep these two brats on for another couple of weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

Oh hope everything goes well for you. Must be a bit scary. You're being well looked after though I'd say. Fingers crossed for you and babies

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Cameoette

Wow llambert, that's a lot to deal with. Glad babies and yourself are doing ok. Great that your hubby was home and you weren't going through any of it alone. Take it easy x

Llambert hope you and babies are o.k.

The hospital is the right place for you. How many weeks are you now?

Just from own experience after the 2nd dose of steroids you can start having hot flushes so if your husband can bring you a fan or face cloth it will be a god send.

Thinking of you x

• Advertisement

That must have been so scary llambert, your in the best place now, fingers crossed your scan goes well & babies stay put x

Thanks girls. All has settled down so depends on the scan. Doesn't look like we going home today though.

Trival matter but was asked to sign something today to say I was a public patient. There's a notice on the wall about costs. Just wondering is there a charge for pregnancy related stays as my ante-natal care is free. Just don't want to get a shock of an unexpected bill.

I'm a public patient and I have never had to pay for hospital stays while pregnant.

I don't think you'll get a bill as it's directly related. To your pregnancy.

Let us know how your scan goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

Llambert Fingers crossed for you the scan is perfect and your allowed go home today. I was never charged anything on my last pregnancy for staying in hosp and i stayed in for one night on this one and never got a bill.

Im going to find out today if baby is still breech fingers crossed!!

Ladypip fingers crossed baby has turned for you!

I could have sworn baby dropped further last night serious case of lighting crotch every time she moved it feels like she's just goin to fall out! If only it was that easy.

My other 2 never engaged so this is all new to me it's a bizarre feeling!

Ladypip hope baby is in correct position x
    Scan done, all looked good both babies were head down, placentas were not in the way. Was putting the bled down to one of those things & I could go home tomorrow.

Then he decided to do an internal scan, not pleasant. One placenta is covering the exit. Now a high rise of a major bled as my womb stretches. So not going home and have to stay until babies are born. I know we're in the best place but feeling very upset.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭morebabies

Oh you poor thing, I had a low lying placenta too, but from what I remember, I was told that with a section everything will be ok. However you probably will be kept now as it's the safest place for you in case labour starts.

I'll keep you in my prayers, lots of sympathy for you. I know the wait seems endless now and you're probably very uncomfortable but we're almost there now.

Oh llambert you poor thing. I know it's not a nice prospect but at least your in the right place if they need to intervene.

How did the miss it on the first scan?

Thinkin of you and hope everything goes well for. You and babies w

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Popping in from the July thread. Best of luck Llambert. I know you must be desperately worried but it's great that this has been detected and can be looked after properly. Best of luck xx

• Advertisement

Thanks everyone!!

In the normal scan its very difficult to see as there's alot of everything going on. Babies are 5lb 11 and 5lb 8. That's alot of baby at 34 wks. He thought he could see the full placenta but thankfully he wasn't happy to just leave it so did the internal.

Otherwise I could have been at home none the wiser at risk of a major bled.

If it was a single pregnancy the risk would be much lower. After all my had work getting them heads down its still a section.

Midwives couldn't be nicer and have moved me to a private room so I don't have to see tonnes of women coming in, labouring & then heading of with their baby which was really nice. Plus they hope it will help me sleep if I'm on my own.

Certainly can't fault the public patient service in Galway when it comes to maternity :-)

Advertisement