Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iZombie [The CW] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Renewed for Season 3

Great news!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Glad to have this back again this week - I have a feeling the last few episodes of this season will be epic, if everything they set up this week is anything to go by.

Also just randomly found out that Babineaux explains the Party Rock Apocalypse at the start of Party Rock Anthem... Have they ever referenced or used the song in the show, because if not, they need to throw in a scene of Clive Party Rockin' at some point...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,857 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

When they were talking about the brain being identified as cow brain, I was thinking I would like to see what happens when Liv or someone eats a non human brain. Probably nothing but be fun if they did have something happen.

Also would like to see a zombie attack a human. I know we saw the attack in the basement but would like to see a proper one to see how bad it is.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

What a frustrating moment to end!!!

Liv gives Peyton a lap-dance... Looks like Rob Thomas has been reading my dream journal again. ;)

Only 3 episodes left this season, and it looks like they're gonna be pretty epic - everything is set up nicely now.

The recurring characters this season are being utilized very very well (Peyton, Don E, Drake, Gilda, Det. Bozzio, Vaughn, Mr. Boss), which has definitely upped the ante with the story arcs. It was probably my biggest issue with Season 1, that most of the focus was just on the 5 main characters (and I know that it was important to establish those 5, so fair enough), but I like that they all have their own little stories going on this season and that they all weave together into the main story arc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I'm a pretty big fan of Leanne Lapp, so I'm excited to see where they go with Gilda the remainder of the season.

Liv gives Peyton a lap-dance... Looks like Rob Thomas has been reading my dream journal again. ;)

I'd like to see the outtakes for that scene since I'm sure they had fun with it where Aly isn't acting so disinterested.

Good to see Ravi figure it out and Major going full on zombie mode. Though looks like the detective also figured it out from Ravi's reaction.

Was thinking Blaine's memory maybe reset back to before he first turned.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Was thinking Blaine's memory maybe reset back to before he first turned.

Oh that's an interesting theory. I figured he had just lost massive chunks of memory, but for it to be just everything since he turned would be interesting. Although Blaine was a major douche before he turned - I think he's grown a lot since becoming a zombie, so I wouldn't like him to revert back to being such an ass.

I don't think pre-zombie Blaine would have cared about sustainable growing practices and fair wages for developing world farmers. He was a drug dealer who tried to screw over Seattle's main dealer. A man who was warped by his abusive childhood and the antagonistically competitive adult relationship he had with his father. So he seems to have lost most of his personality along with his memory. He's not a complete blank slate though, as he thought Don E was Scott E and I'm sure his relationship with Scott E was initially through drug dealing. It seems inconsistent and on a lesser show I'd think it was bad writing but the arc-plotting on this show has been stellar so far, so I'm sure the writers know what they're doing.

Possible memory loss combined with the nice charity guy brain he ate just before injecting himself?

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Possible memory loss combined with the nice charity guy brain he ate just before injecting himself?

That's probably it. So the best thing to do with Major is to give him the new cure before he eats a brain. That way he'll probably have memory loss but still essentially be Major. The problem being that he was already really hungry when he turned not giving him much opportunity to explain that he's been hiding frozen zombies because Vaughn is blackmailing him to kill them. I really hope he doesn't lose his memory before he tells someone about the frozen zombies because I hate that sort of contrivance in fiction. I didn't mind so much when he tried to tell Liv and Rita interrupted them because part of a different secret was revealed instead.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I love the little touches that suggested Blaine and Majors reversion; first when Blaine was struggling with the wine he was drinking, and then with this week's episode where Major pitched the likely-fresh milk because it tasted funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Mr E wrote: »
    Yeah, this is a show that started slow but now is must-watch TV. That fight in the kitchen was vicious.

I couldn't even begin to predict what's going to happen next week.

Just caught up with Season 1, really enjoyed it, i see that S02 is finished next week, has it lived up to it?

I was wondering if Blaine was gonna die in this season, but he's too good of a baddie to go:P
    Why did the
    chief
    go out with a bang, if you'll pardon the pun & then blame Blaine, is there a higher power he stands upto?

It was a tough choice regarding the
    brother
    & her being the only one being O Negative, considering she turned
    Major
    & it looks like she regretted that & now he's guinea pig 2, if i've got that right?

Looking forward to Season 2!

Holy Cliffhanger Batman. Major is up sh!t creek. I'm kinda loving Amnesia Blaine - his reaction to Ravi filling him in and subsequent run in with Super Peppy Major was great.
    Next week is gonna be awesome - 2 Hour Finale (well 90 minutes when you take out the ads, but still!)

Severe lack of theme song this week though - I hope they're not dropping it permanently.

Loved this episode, I saw zombie Leanne Lapp on her instagram, but it was better even in the episode. Also loved the Rob Thomas joke.

Holy Cliffhanger Batman.

And funny that early on in the episode we had a literal cliff hanger with Vaughan hanging off a cliff in his ad. Along with Liv's Teipei noodles, this show might even be more meta than Community.

iguana wrote: »
    And funny that early on in the episode we had a literal cliff hanger with Vaughan hanging off a cliff in his ad. Along with Liv's Teipei noodles, this show might even be more meta than Community.

I'd say so - there's so many little nuggets of meta that I pick up throughout any given episodes and probably a good bit more that goes right over my head.

Last 2 episodes of the season were great. (I'll spoiler in case people didn't realise there were 2 eps last night). Sad that
    Drake & Rita were killed off,
    but apart from that everything was perfect, and fair play to them for getting
    other Rob Thomas. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 55,465 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah fun couple of episodes. A nice fresh setup for next season too, with the new owners, plus Clive knowing about Liv.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I think they've just won the Greatest Meta Joke of All Time award.

• Advertisement

ixoy wrote: »
    I think they've just won the Greatest Meta Joke of All Time award.

Filmore Graves?

ETA: You mean the whole Rob Thomas thing. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,986 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I didn't enjoy the finale as much as the first season finale. It just seems when they run out of ideas so they get super violent and it becomes like a typical zombie movie without any humour. Also they are running out of people on the show who have not killed anyone!

I thought it was a brilliant finale and a great set-up into next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭mightyreds

I thought it wasn't as good as the first really sets up next season though, they could of done the whole basement scenario without the bloodbath upstairs and I think it would of had the same effect, without the crazyness would if hit home a bit more

• Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Thought it was great, very funny as well.
    'Major Lilywhite, personal trainer' Good set up for next season and like the fact that Clive knows about Liv. Her shooting Drake to save him makes up for him having blown his relationship with FBI lady.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Season 3 won't be back until Mid Season :mad:

Season 3 won't be back until Mid Season :mad:

Yeah, but if that means it'll finish later in the season and doesn't have all those pesky breaks, I consider that a positive thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,862 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Hopefully Netflix can secure a 'day after' deal for broadcasting Series 3.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

flazio wrote: »
    Hopefully Netflix can secure a 'day after' deal for broadcasting Series 3.
    Yeah, I'm thinking they might as Season 2 appeared quickly and I don't think iZombie is aired any more over here. It'd be nice to think that my watching the show could actually help its ratings for once.

• Advertisement

ixoy wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm thinking they might as Season 2 appeared quickly and I don't think iZombie is aired any more over here. It'd be nice to think that my watching the show could actually help its ratings for once.

I think it's something that The CW are starting to do more of, working with Netflix. The 100 airs on Netflix Canada weekly, the day after it goes out in the US and a couple of the other shows have the same deal going on with various Netflix' in countries where a TV channel doesn't already have the contract. Netflix UK and Ireland could do the same with iZombie if a channel over here doesn't have the rights for it anymore. I'm sure platforms like Netflix helps The CW when it comes to renewals decisions.

Advertisement