Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

IEC 2014 Stage 2 Thread - All Stage 2 questions here!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 mushacles

Yeah I sent off for my police cert last thursday and it arrived today. Seems like they can get them out in around a week. And that's with a bank holiday in between too!

So all docs submitted now. Time to play another round of the waiting game.

Of course himself hasn't even gotten his CAL yet, and he has to apply for a police cert from Italy too which, knowing the delights of Italian bureaucracy, will take a while. So two rounds of the waiting game in our gaff. Not that we're in that much of a rush - have a wedding and a graduation to get through before we fly off (that's if we're both approved of course). Fun times.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

Not that we're in that much of a rush - have a wedding and a graduation to get through before we fly off

Have a wedding to go to meself and the sisters graduation. Always something before you go. Still waiting on my CAL also!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 sillybill

Got my POE this morning....Submitted Stage 2 on Thursday evening, :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭MaggieRow747

Would anyone have an email address for the CIC. I cant find it on there wedsite anywhere :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Pad92

Would anyone have an email address for the CIC. I cant find it on there wedsite anywhere :-/

Try question@cic.gc.ca that's the only email address I can find for them but it says for appointment only if your in Canada, but they might direct you to the required office.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Marko10

CIC stage isn't as bad as I thought it might be.Was expecting it to be more difficult to complete after reading all the comments on FB before I started mine.I am having trouble with the digital photo though.I have to go to the library to put my police certs on a USB.Does anyone know if it's ok to scan a normal passport photo onto a USB and upload it?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Foley48

Marko10 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if it's ok to scan a normal passport photo onto a USB and upload it?

I believe it is so long as the scan is at least 600dpi quality

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

So you have one year to activate your visa, does that one year start from the CAL or the POE?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

Liam90 wrote: »
    So you have one year to activate your visa, does that one year start from the CAL or the POE?

Poe

• Registered Users Posts: 4 DALE9892

EDIT

Got my POE! The email arrived at 2.36 this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 finn001

congrats on getting your POE so fast, did you apply from Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Silvio67

This is such a pain in the ass. Has anyone asked CIC a question before uploading documents??

They tell you to enter any questions into letter of explaination but does that mean I can forward my question on without entering any other documents? My question is directly related to what I have to upload, can't go ahead without getting an answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭JamHn

Two questions, people!

If you make mistakes in Stage 2 can you fix them or will the application be rejected without a chance to fix them?

Does the queueing system count for Stage 2 or is it just for Stage 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Hello Stage 2 thread, you lookin' finnnnnnneeee tonight!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eenm

Phoenix wrote: »
    Aside from the Garda cert that you have to scan and upload what else has to be scanned and uploaded at stage 2?

Passport sized photo, scan of passport again. And then it's debatable on the signing and scanning the family form. It says you have to on the CIC site but other people haven't done that and have gotten their POE so that one is your decision :)

How strict are they about the photo?
    My epassportphoto.com one that I generated was perfect dimensions, but the file size was less than 50kb, so I went for the larger one, and it's 96k, and well over the minimum pixel density. (which is 420x540 I think)

The CIC page says it can't be any smaller than 60k in file size.
    So I have one photo that's perfect (minimum) dimensions, that's file size is too small.... And I have a larger, second image 600x840, (a good bit over minimum required size) that's 96k (bigger than the minimum 60k...)

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭JamHn

guys what sign in to you use sign in partner of GC key???:S:S:SS

:| I have no idea what that means.

Watch the videos on the first post of this thread, open the video in one tab, split screen half and half with the actual screen you are browsing with CIC. It's very painless.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gccrowley1

guys what sign in do you use? "sign in partner" or GC key???:S:S:SS[

I used GCKey

eenm wrote: »
    Passport sized photo, scan of passport again. And then it's debatable on the signing and scanning the family form. It says you have to on the CIC site but other people haven't done that and have gotten their POE so that one is your decision :)

There's no need to scan the family form the digital signing is a declaration that say all this Info is correct etc and covers it all .

gccrowley1 wrote: »
    I used GCKey

Yup gckey is the one the other ones confirm you through other id through banking overthere and whatever else gckey is the one to use

There's no need to scan the family form the digital signing is a declaration that say all this Info is correct etc and covers it all .

That's why I said there's debate over it. To be honest, it says on the CIC website that you have to so I wanted to be on the safe side. But as I said people have gotten without it so it's a personal call. I just didn't want to do anything that might jeopardise it.

GrumPy wrote: »
    How strict are they about the photo?
    My epassportphoto.com one that I generated was perfect dimensions, but the file size was less than 50kb, so I went for the larger one, and it's 96k, and well over the minimum pixel density. (which is 420x540 I think)

The CIC page says it can't be any smaller than 60k in file size.
    So I have one photo that's perfect (minimum) dimensions, that's file size is too small.... And I have a larger, second image 600x840, (a good bit over minimum required size) that's 96k (bigger than the minimum 60k...)

Can only speak for my boyfriend as he got POE yest... His photo was the specified pixels, I think 420x540 as you say. Quality was only 300dpi as it started looking weird at 600. We got passport photos done and scanned in, then resized one of each of ours to the specs. Probably FAR easier tha way you're doing it but as I said he got POE so that's obviously fine too :)

• Advertisement

eenm wrote: »
    Can only speak for my boyfriend as he got POE yest... His photo was the specified pixels, I think 420x540 as you say. Quality was only 300dpi as it started looking weird at 600. We got passport photos done and scanned in, then resized one of each of ours to the specs. Probably FAR easier tha way you're doing it but as I said he got POE so that's obviously fine too :)

Thanks, can only seem to meet the minimum file size requirement (60k) when I use a much larger photo. :confused: When I use the recommended size, the file size is only 41k.
    May take another photo later today, and try epassport again with a new source image...

Advertisement