Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Comments

Val should be in Mrs. Browns Boys. Distinctly unfunny Pantomime :mad:

:mad: Mrs. Browns Boys is a great show how very dare you :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,164 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

juan.kerr wrote: »
    I'm an intermittent viewer but would I be right in thinking that's more likes than Stephen would normally have in an entire year?
    brando was barely in superman and apoclypse now too

wtf carol at dermot did she forget she did the dirty on dermot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭Hitchens

wtf carol at dermot did she forget she did the dirty on dermot

continuity is not a strong point with FC's producers :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Cathyht

Can't throw a married person out of the joint home though. That marriage needs to be sorted, things divided FAIRLY another 3 years left till divorce. Dermot is very property conscious regarding HIS rights, he was very quick to remember Jo's father's house in the equation. Jo had 1 very short affair, and the marriage, which was going nowhere and wasn't a barrel of laughs, ended right away. That isn't sleeping AROUND.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Devildoll84

Jo was always a character I loved to hate, but since she's returned, I feel sort of sorry for her. Affair or not, Dermot has no right to order her to return to Cork, or try to force her out of the marital home. He always uses (the ever annoying little sh!te) Ben as an excuse, but in this case, he's only thinking of himself and his cringeworthy 'relationship' with unwashed looking and unlovely Maeve. That's one free spirit that deserves a kick in the a*se!:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Was watching Val in Father Ted the other night - didn't know she used to be a nun :p

leahyl wrote: »
    Was watching Val in Father Ted the other night - didn't know she used to be a nun :p

She was also Grabbit on Pajo's Junkbox (Saturday morning kids programme) in the late eighties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

leahyl wrote: »

I knew I recognised her from somewhere:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

She was also Grabbit on Pajo's Junkbox (Saturday morning kids programme) in the late eighties.

She also had her own short-lived show on RTE in the mid-eighties, it was called the Rosemary Henderson Show, now lost in the mists of time. I only remember it because I used to work with her before her acting career and we used to keep in touch, oops, too much info.......:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭wordsmithi

Baby Ruth should thank her lucky stars that she doesn't have to endure Yvonne's abusive, sharp and unkind nature.

Yvonne should play the role of the spiteful REBECCA in Daphne Du Maurier's classic (if she wasn't a fictional character obviously!). Who could play Mrs Danvers though??

wordsmithi wrote: »
    Yvonne should play the role of the spiteful Rachel in Daphne Du Maurier's classic (if she wasn't a fictional character obviously!). Who could play Mrs Danvers though??

Now I have to look it up so I know what you're talking about and don't feel too ignorant.

Cathyht wrote: »
    Now I have to look it up so I know what you're talking about and don't feel too ignorant.

It is actually REBECCA NOT RACHEL
    This is just a little bit of ridiculous information......
    ( My apologies, Rachel was a different book. I think it was called "My Cousin Rachel") I went through a phase of reading these books during my teenage years. They were brilliant.):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,050 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Sake!!!! whos cares?! :rolleyes:

It's
    Rita who dies

The invisible woman!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,495 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Don't know who I want to slap more, Judith, Jo or Carol :mad: actually all of them

Leo and Val would make a great double act, ...with Val gurning all the time and Leo's hand's completely independent of his brain. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Jo would give ire to Vaseline shes that irritating.

Judith had sort of an erection when she was disturbed in the surgery...

(a boob erection)

• Advertisement

Dermot and Jo always remind me of Miss Piggy and Kermit.

Judith had sort of an erection when she was disturbed in the surgery...

(a boob erection)

ha! :D ...and what was Vivienne doing wandering about like a bag lady when Judy & Blackie were snogging in the hiace car? :confused:

Hitchens wrote: »
    ha! :D ...and what was Vivienne doing wandering about like a bag lady when Judy & Blackie were snogging in the hiace car? :confused:
    I don't think there is any way possible in reality that viv would have said that to Tommy....does she think she's a doctor???

"keep your personal life away from the surgery" or something similar...don't think i've ever said that to my bosses other half!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Just catching up..

Great boobs Orla! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Ben go and put away your crayons!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,050 ✭✭✭✭tk123

God that bratface Ben is an irritating child!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Wow that was a HUGE waste of a potential storyline- they dragged the Tommy and Jo affair for months and had a few near miss situations which made it exciting, and now after a few meetings and a very unrealistic spotting by Vivean (who just happened to be walking past a deserted street on New Years Day :rolleyes:) the whole thing is over and now she has confessed, its only the 2nd January!

Also, will someone punch that stupid sh!t of a kid Benjamin, hes an extremely annoying little idiot, I mean hes about 9 or 10 and goes on like a little 2 yr old. "Mummy, why are you fighting" Shut up you little tw@t :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 40 jenny30

What an utterly STUPID comment to post. Have you any idea how adults fighting impacts young children. Someones a twat and it ain't Ben.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 jenny30

I wasn't expecting Judith to fess up about her and Luke so soon. Vivienne has some neck talking to her like that. She's your BOSS Vivienne! Once a Bishop always a Bishop. I kinda enjoyed the scene in the Pig though. In fairness Jo does have a bit of a front.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭Felexicon

jenny30 wrote: »
    What an utterly STUPID comment to post. Have you any idea how adults fighting impacts young children. Someones a twat and it ain't Ben.
    ah here will you chill the jets love. He's only talking about a fictional character and some poor scripting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

jenny30 wrote: »

Its a fictional soap with fictional people. The kid is a little baby who goes on like he is 3 or 4. Fact.

jo is comedy gold , go on ben go watch the tele its the holiday

my hole family was in stiches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I think Tommy is going for that "Most Underwhelming Response To Shocking News" award this year...

"I've been sleeping with Luke"... And Tommy is there with the same expression on him... It was like she'd just said "Tommy, I'm after burning the sausages".. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭maurasmith50

The hard neck on that Jo wan ffs!! She gets a job in the hungry pig...fair enough. But then expects to leave her lovable :rolleyes: little son sitting at a table all day playing with his crayons and then suggests in the next breath that they redecorate the place with his works of art!! Delighted that Bob told her what for .... good on ya Bob!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Blanchflower

I think Tommy is going for that "Most Underwhelming Response To Shocking News" award this year...

"I've been sleeping with Luke"... And Tommy is there with the same expression on him... It was like she'd just said "Tommy, I'm after burning the sausages".. :pac:

What if she said that she burned Luke's sauasage? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

What if she said that she burned Luke's sauasage? :eek:

Ahra shure Indeed she was carrying on as if there was sparks off him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

Jo and Ben do my head in.
    also, why is jo playing the victim, she was riding someone else it's not like she was thrown out for nothing.

:eek::eek::eek: jesus christ
    tommy tell judith to continue her affair with luke and agrees to share her for real

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

The scenes with Jo are nearly impossible to watch, such an annoying character. I prefer Maeve to her, that is how bad she is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭8mv

tk123 wrote: »
    God that bratface Ben is an irritating child!
    Ben had a surprisingly funny line tonight, leaving the Hungry Pig while all the adults are fighting and shouting he asks Bob to stick his crayon drawing on the wall. Gave me a chuckle anyway.

• Advertisement

jo is comedy gold , go on ben go watch the tele its the holiday

my hole family was in stiches

Ben's reaction was a little too enthusiastic: Jo: 'Go on Ben, watch the telly - it's the holidays.'

Ben: 'YES!' And he even did an excited little jump on his way out the door.
    Now, if we were still back in the eighties, the kid's reaction would have been understandable and perfectly fitting for the times, but kids of today aren't as easily pleased - it's all Playstation, DS, etc nowadays. Either Ben is living in a time warp or he's very easily pleased, or
    Hang on, I almost forgot - it IS FC and it's not meant to make sense!:p

Anyone wondering what becomes of Rita's bell when she shuffles off her mortal coil?

Judith's revelation came out of the blue to me. Normally soaps drag these things on until the other half finds out. This is when the blind other half looks brainless and naive and blissfully unaware of the carry on. Is Judith saying: "We are even now Tommy. You betrayed me and I did the same to you". ????? I'm sure this is going to get even more and more weird as it goes on. The Dillions are a very strange family. Don't get them at all.

wordsmithi wrote: »
    Judith's revelation came out of the blue to me. Normally soaps drag these things on until the other half finds out. This is when the blind other half looks brainless and naive and blissfully unaware of the carry on. Is she saying We are even now Tommy. You betrayed me and I did the same to you. I'm sure this is going to get even more and more weird as it goes on. The Dillions are just one weird family. Don't get them at all.

I suppose it came out like that because they want to focus more on Tommy's bizarre reaction and subsequent proposal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

tajd wrote: »
    tommy tell judith to continue her affair with luke and agrees to share her for real

I'm sorry but W....T....F!!!

Puzzled over Vivienne's advice. Exactly how would Judith 'lose everything' if she left the philanderer for Luke? She'd still have a career, her kids are practically grown up, now doing their own thing, just back for visits. Luke and she can afford all aspects of a new life like a house with plenty of room for...visitors..and stuff. She would only lose someone she couldn't trust and know that Luke really, really (a bit creepily) only has eyes for her. These words of wisdom are baffling, what is Vivienne talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭spanishgem

fair play to maeve stickin out with jo for this long

aaahh cass is a lefty!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Cathyht wrote: »
    Puzzled over Vivienne's advice. Exactly how would Judith 'lose everything' if she left the philanderer for Luke? She'd still have a career, her kids are practically grown up, now doing their own thing, just back for visits. Luke and she can afford all aspects of a new life like a house with plenty of room for...visitors..and stuff. She would only lose someone she couldn't trust and know that Luke really, really (a bit creepily) only has eyes for her. These words of wisdom are baffling, what is Vivienne talking about?

+1 on this, I half expected the ghost of Archbishop McQuaid to appear and tell her she was facing the fire of hell by the way she was talking, it's the 21st century, nobody cares if she's having an affair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭sffc

vektarman wrote: »

+1 on this, I half expected the ghost of Archbishop McQuaid to appear and tell her she was facing the fire of hell by the way she was talking, it's the 21st century, nobody cares if she's having an affair.
    About 2000 posts ago we used to ENJOY Fair City guys. Now we endure it! What the hell happened? Is it because so many of them needed to abandon ship for the pantos?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭julyjane

They must be like that in Kilkenny :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement