Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

From a car salesman garage owner to going round with a silly vacant grin on his face dreaming about making it In the music industry in half a day...what the hell is happening to Fair City!

I thought Paul's mid-life crisis happened a few years ago when he went from working with computer software to selling cars?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,669 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Zumo goes into a pub and orders a pint of milk, couldn't he have got that at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭vumpireofkid

Zumo goes into a pub and orders a pint of milk, couldn't he have got that at home.

He always seems to drink milk...it's an odd one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,619 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Yeah, and it was one of those transparent cartons under the table; probably roasting warm!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Have Neasa and Finn gave up working in the Station?

Yeah, what happened to the Neasa/Finn storyline anyway - I know he turned her down a while back but I thought deep down he still liked her but nothing has happened since - that was about 6 months ago. I hate they way they just abandon storylines sometimes:mad:

It'd be no harm to see a bit more of Finn like - he's a hottie:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Hi folks, was on an extended holiday.
    Whats with the bad blood between lucy and pete?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,485 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It wasnt even a full pint either :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

I cant understand why Pete doesnt secretly record Lucy ( maybe on his phone ) when he is alone with her. He could easily hide it so she wouldnt know she was being recorded. Then Dolores would know that she is a psycho. Also, I think Dolores is too gullible and believes everything that Lucy tells her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

max life wrote: »
    I cant understand why Pete doesnt secretly record Lucy ( maybe on his phone ) when he is alone with her.
    I wouldn't worry about it. It's a soap so we know she's going to get caught eventually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,204 ✭✭✭jos28

It wasnt even a full pint either :p
    I noticed that too and no ice in the glass, Yuk !

max life wrote: »
    I cant understand why Pete doesnt secretly record Lucy ( maybe on his phone ) when he is alone with her. He could easily hide it so she wouldnt know she was being recorded. Then Dolores would know that she is a psycho. Also, I think Dolores is too gullible and believes everything that Lucy tells her.
    That's exactly what I thought last night, so easy to hit the record button. But then they couldn't drag it out for months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

I wonder if Lucy will end up murdering someone

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

walshb wrote: »
    Yeah, and it was one of those transparent cartons under the table; probably roasting warm!
    I am really sad for admitting this but I totally was thinking the same thing, and I noticed that there was no condensation type thing on the glass like there is when something cold goes into it. Prop central, digging into the holes in Fair City!

why buy a vodka when you can get it at home i go to the pub with friends and i order a coke 7-up i dont drink either does zumo im guessing

zumo should be a gay character be good storyline

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Would love if he was gay - he has never had a girlfriend has he and I think him and Lana/Lara were just friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

When is the fat tart back?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭sue z

MJ23 wrote: »
    When is the fat tart back?

I never want to see that fat tart again!

Dermish is a new man without her

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

deelite wrote: »
    Would love if he was gay - he has never had a girlfriend has he and I think him and Lana/Lara were just friends.

So many jokes if he was, is that a milk moustache or...

Lucy's meddling in Pete and Dolores' relationship is about to go to up another level this Sunday when she finds out they are now engaged.
    Determined to wreck their happiness she continues to drip poison in Wayne's ear about Pete which drives him to beg his mam not to get married. Wayne is so tightly wrapped around Lucy's little finger at this stage that he believes every bad word she utters about Pete.
    So much so, that Wayne is ready to put up a fight for his mother, as actor Victor Burke explains to RTÉ Ten "Wayne is genuinely concerned for his mother and feels protective. Lucy has convinced him that Pete is just after Dolores' money and a lazybones and a liar. If I were in Wayne's shoes, I'd kick his ass. The way things are going, Wayne just may do that."
    But Dolores is having none of Lucy and Wayne's accusations and all hell is set to break loose when Wayne tries to issue an ultimatum to Pete. The fire is further flamed when Pete's son Neil finds out about the bad feeling and squares up to Wayne warning him to back off or else.
    Upset with all the drama surrounding what should be a happy time Dolores makes a decision that is set to have huge repercussions for the Carrigstown resident.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

eternal wrote: »
    I am really sad for admitting this but I totally was thinking the same thing, and I noticed that there was no condensation type thing on the glass like there is when something cold goes into it. Prop central, digging into the holes in Fair City!

Zumo didn't even drink any of it; they probably poured it back in the bottle and returned it to the RTÉ canteen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

Lucy's meddling in Pete and Dolores' relationship is about to go to up another level this Sunday when she finds out they are now engaged.
    Determined to wreck their happiness she continues to drip poison in Wayne's ear about Pete which drives him to beg his mam not to get married. Wayne is so tightly wrapped around Lucy's little finger at this stage that he believes every bad word she utters about Pete.
    So much so, that Wayne is ready to put up a fight for his mother, as actor Victor Burke explains to RTÉ Ten "Wayne is genuinely concerned for his mother and feels protective. Lucy has convinced him that Pete is just after Dolores' money and a lazybones and a liar. If I were in Wayne's shoes, I'd kick his ass. The way things are going, Wayne just may do that."
    But Dolores is having none of Lucy and Wayne's accusations and all hell is set to break loose when Wayne tries to issue an ultimatum to Pete. The fire is further flamed when Pete's son Neil finds out about the bad feeling and squares up to Wayne warning him to back off or else.
    Upset with all the drama surrounding what should be a happy time Dolores makes a decision that is set to have huge repercussions for the Carrigstown resident.

Soooooooooooo............................Doe tells Lucy she must move out. This makes Lucy crazier than normal and she goes on a mission to take Pete out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

el diablo wrote: »
    this soap needs new writers.

She doesn't check her fake ID before using it? :rolleyes:

The bouncer finds out she's 15 years old and then walks away? :rolleyes:

I find this believable. I have a 14 year old daughter who have her head in the clouds as much or not more than this. Going into town with no bus money to get home. Going out in the lashing rain with no jacket, etc etc. Rachel has been like this in the past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

youwould wrote: »
    I thought Paul's mid-life crisis happened a few years ago when he went from working with computer software to selling cars?!

That wasn't by choice - Blue Dolphin went belly up, remember?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Dub XV wrote: »
    Soooooooooooo............................Doe tells Lucy she must move out. This makes Lucy crazier than normal and she goes on a mission to take Pete out?

I'm betting it's gonna be Lucy accusing Pete of attempting to sexually assault her.

sue z wrote: »
    I never want to see that fat tart again!

Dermish is a new man without her

Yes, hes an even bigger miseryguts plus his pants got higher!

Temaz wrote: »
    I'm betting it's gonna be Lucy accusing Pete of attempting to sexually assault her.

Yes suppose that was the threat to get the social worker lemon to move on.

• Advertisement

Absolutely brilliant idea, FC writers PLEASE take note. Now who would we pair him up with......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

jos28 wrote: »
    Absolutely brilliant idea, FC writers PLEASE take note. Now who would we pair him up with......

Bob

Wayne...after Lucy chops his knob off :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 xylophones

but didnt he express an interest in yvonne not so long ago? how about.......goo eyes?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭sue z

Come back Goo Eyes!! All is forgiven!! :D

• Advertisement

sue z wrote: »
    Come back Goo Eyes!! All is forgiven!! :D

it'd be quite romantic.....love in the most unusual places and all that!

Eddie or Finn :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Love Neil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

"He says things.........................................................................................................................Ordinary things"

Go Dolores kick the looney tune out

How much money does Dolores actually have ?
    Harry left her the garage, which was obviously worth a fortune
    She probably got a few bob from his insurance
    She sold her house to the Dillons, admittedly back in celtic tiger days but still how has she accumulated this wealth that they keep going on about. She has been splashing the cash and she doesn't have paid employment. I'd love to know how

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jame Gumb

Ah FFS...it's not until Wednesday!

(Just watched it on RTE 1 +1)

Lucy's going into meltdown...wonder will she start poisoning people in The Hungry Pig?

Pete's chat with Damien might end up being the key to it all...bit OTT Damien's thoughtful gaze off into space re Emily/Pete.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

She sold her house to the Dillons, admittedly back in celtic tiger days but still how has she accumulated this wealth that they keep going on about. She has been splashing the cash and she doesn't have paid employment. I'd love to know how

Insurance after the freak death of her daughter in America (Only the Doyle's go to Australia, not their in-laws :))
    Insurance after the "accident" of Harry, she's getting work man's comp for that also.
    Sale of the house to the Dillions during the boom. Carraigtown was a much sought after area back then, even the German Embassy is close by.
    Sale of the Garage also during the Celtic tiger years.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭countygorey

I cant see it winding up that quick even tough i hope it does.

Elmo wrote: »
    Insurance after the freak death of her daughter in America (Only the Doyle's go to Australia, not their in-laws :))
    Insurance after the "accident" of Harry, she's getting work man's comp for that also.
    Sale of the house to the Dillions during the boom. Carraigtown was a much sought after area back then, even the German Embassy is close by.
    Sale of the Garage also during the Celtic tiger years.

Would the American insurance not have gone to Jimmy, seeing as they were married an all. Poor Lorraine, the tragic victim of a hurricane on her honeymoon as far as I remember. Ah, only in Carrigstown :D

• Advertisement

I cant see it winding up that quick even tough i hope it does.

I hope it dont drag on much more tbh

so what bull**** reason this time for only 2 episodes next week

rose of tralee at a guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭el diablo

The Lovely Girls Competition is on Monday and Tuesday. :rolleyes:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Did I miss an episode? How come Rachel wasnt talking to Charlotte at the beginning of tonights episode?

pookiesboo wrote: »
    Did I miss an episode? How come Rachel wasnt talking to Charlotte at the beginning of tonights episode?

I thought exactly the same thing!

I reckon it was a continuity error. The last thing I remember was them hugging in The Hungry Pig with Charlotte upset and telling some fake story about another boy being a jerk to her and Graham chatting someone else up?

"Now I aint saying he's a gold digger
    But he eats out at The Hungry Pigg-er, Pigg-er"

everytime i see charalote i look at her and think she needs a good wash

Poor old Zak...he probably pulls the bejaysus off himself every night thinking about Rachel. Then a guy who looks like a borderline retard comes along and sweeps her off her feet. Life aint fair son...

• Advertisement

Jame Gumb wrote: »
    Poor old Zak...he probably pulls the bejaysus off himself every night thinking about Rachel. Then a guy who looks like a borderline retard comes along and sweeps her off her feet. Life aint fair son...

this deserves so much more than a thanks........:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement