Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I am planning on starting the C25k starting tomorrow. I see you have to do it 3 days a week so I was considering Saturday, Monday and Wednesday.

I found it tough before but I want to do this.. I will do this! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Vahevala wrote: »
    I am planning on starting the C25k starting tomorrow. I see you have to do it 3 days a week so I was considering Saturday, Monday and Wednesday.

I found it tough before but I want to do this.. I will do this! :D

I've done it and i find its easier if you keep it up and don't leave too long a gap between your runs as you build up your fitness better.

If you find the next week too hard then just repeat the week again and by the following week you might be ready to move on then to the next one.

Also, jog at a pace you are comfortable with, doesn't matter how slow it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

I was down 4lbs at Tuesday's weigh and I was so delighted. I was completely on plan all week(except for dinner out one night) but I didn't use any syns during the week. It was also my first week trying scan bran so I definitely think it helped and I bought more for this week! I'm only 2lbs away from target now, typical that's it's a fecking bank holiday weekend!
    Trying to be very good all week as I've a night out planned over the weekend but I'm raging cause I really want to get to target!
    But realistically I don't think it's going to happen this week but May is going to be my month.
    A question for anyone that's at target, or close to it, do/did you want to change the target once you got there? I feel like my target doesn't look like how I wanted it to look if that makes sense?!
    According to the Internet I'm right in the middle of the healthy weight range for my height but a bit of me is a little disappointed I don't look better. OH thinks that I'm mad and don't need to lose anymore but I just don't know.

PennyWren wrote: »
    A question for anyone that's at target, or close to it, do/did you want to change the target once you got there? I feel like my target doesn't look like how I wanted it to look if that makes sense?!
    According to the Internet I'm right in the middle of the healthy weight range for my height but a bit of me is a little disappointed I don't look better. OH thinks that I'm mad and don't need to lose anymore but I just don't know.

Seemingly you have to move your target by 7lbs each time if you want to change it.
    But if you get to target, you can be 3 lbs under or over it before they start charging you again, so maybe another 3 lbs would be enough would it? Before having to change it by another 7lbs.

Once you get to target, you can go for free once you are no more than 3lbs over or under your target and if you go outside this, they give you a week to get back in before you have to pay again.

andreac wrote: »
    Seemingly you have to move your target by 7lbs each time if you want to change it.
    But if you get to target, you can be 3 lbs under or over it before they start charging you again, so maybe another 3 lbs would be enough would it? Before having to change it by another 7lbs.

Once you get to target, you can go for free once you are no more than 3lbs over or under your target and if you go outside this, they give you a week to get back in before you have to pay again.

Thank you! I didn't know about the 7 lbs thing! Or the 3, that might do it. Or maybe the weight isn't the issue anymore and I just need to get off my bum and work on some toning!
    Thanks again.

• Advertisement

Thank you! I didn't know about the 7 lbs thing! Or the 3, that might do it. Or maybe the weight isn't the issue anymore and I just need to get off my bum and work on some toning!
    Thanks again.

Have a chat with your leader and see what they say. Thats what they say in my group anyway, so im guessing it would be the same everywhere but maybe not.

Im kind of the same about my target, have 8lbs to go and im thinking i wonder would it be enough, but i def couldnt see myself getting another 7 off after getting to target (hard enough trying to get to it as it is lol), but the 3lbs thing might be handy.
    Im getting married next year and really want to get to target before trying on dresses so i have an idea then if i want to lose more.

andreac wrote: »
    Have a chat with your leader and see what they say. Thats what they say in my group anyway, so im guessing it would be the same everywhere but maybe not.

Im kind of the same about my target, have 8lbs to go and im thinking i wonder would it be enough, but i def couldnt see myself getting another 7 off after getting to target (hard enough trying to get to it as it is lol), but the 3lbs thing might be handy.
    Im getting married next year and really want to get to target before trying on dresses so i have an idea then if i want to lose more.

Those last few pounds are by far the hardest to shift! I will have a chat with my leader, would never even have occurred to me to do that!
    Thanks again and good luck with the dress shopping! So fun, I'm sure you'll be fabulous!

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

Was down 3 pounds this week, happy with that

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Thanks again.

I reached my target a while back and wasn't happy with myself when I got there. So my consultant advised that I get 4lb below my target (as you don't have to pay during this time as a target member) and then when you are in the lower red zone of your target, change it. This means you only have 3lb to lose when you are back paying, if you are changing by 7lb.

Personally I would have preferred it if I'd changed my target before I reached my original one- they made a fuss when I got it and I wasn't happy! Didn't feel right.. Changed mine by 11lb and I'm almost there- 3lb to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Dreading tonight ! Had a few treats over the wkend although not bad at all. Have been really sticking to it, and have increased my walks - but dont think ive moved a budge this week unfortunately, but sure will see what the scales say tonight. Im still very motivated but a little bit of a slump

• Advertisement

can i ask a stupid question.

can you use any wholmeal bread as your healthy b, i usually use the brennana be good wholemeal but last night I could not get it, so i could only get the Johnston mooney one

http://www.jmob.ie/our-baked-goods/our-baked-goods-brown/

this would actaully suit me better as you can but it in half loafs, so nothing is going to waste.

is this bread ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,178 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

No, it all depends on fibre content apparently but not every wholemeal bread qualified to be a HEXB

If it's not listed on the site then it's not a HEXB.

What you could do though is use syns and not have a HEXB

Dodge wrote: »
    No, it all depends on fibre content apparently but not every wholemeal bread qualified to be a HEXB

If it's not listed on the site then it's not a HEXB.

What you could do though is use syns and not have a HEXB

they dont seem to list irish bread on their site!!!

we were told in group that the brennans be good is ok as a b.

how do i know what is good to use and what is not then?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

According to the website, 60g of any wholemeal bread counts as a healthy b.
    There's also a list of other branded ones including Hovis Nimble, Weight Watchers pittas and petit pains, Irish Pride rustic wholemeal, Aldi gluten free rolls, Tesco wholegrain loaf... It looks like there's way more choices that should be available in Ireland now than when I started? I only found the list last week when I was looking through the site!

dee_mc wrote: »
    According to the website, 60g of any wholemeal bread counts as a healthy b.
    There's also a list of other branded ones including Hovis Nimble, Weight Watchers pittas and petit pains, Irish Pride rustic wholemeal, Aldi gluten free rolls, Tesco wholegrain loaf... It looks like there's way more choices that should be available in Ireland now than when I started? I only found the list last week when I was looking through the site!

where in theit site is the list, I cant see it

On the home screen there's a link to 'syns and weight loss tools'.
    This brings you to a screen with 'food optimising reminder'.
    Click that and on the next screen you'll see 'step 2- choose your healthy extras' and near the bottom there's a link, 'click here to view all current healthy extras'
    There's long lists of breads, cereal bars, soups etc, and loads more milk and cheese options for healthy a too. Can't believe I never found it before!

dee_mc wrote: »
    On the home screen there's a link to 'syns and weight loss tools'.
    This brings you to a screen with 'food optimising reminder'.
    Click that and on the next screen you'll see 'step 2- choose your healthy extras' and near the bottom there's a link, 'click here to view all current healthy extras'
    There's long lists of breads, cereal bars, soups etc, and loads more milk and cheese options for healthy a too. Can't believe I never found it before!

brilliant, thats well hidden :)

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

I'm a new member to boards and slimming world. I've been following for a few weeks. Lost 3 pounds this week. Very happy.

I'm a new member to boards and slimming world. I've been following for a few weeks. Lost 3 pounds this week. Very happy.

Welcome and well done!

I put on 5 lbs over the weekend!! I'm so annoyed with myself. I kind of feel like it wasn't 100% deserved but I definitely over indulged. I was 2lbs away from target and now I'm half a stone away. I feel like I'm never going to get there. So I didn't stay for group and went to the shop on the way home for crisps and chocolate :(
    Hope everyone else is having a better day than me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

made the diet coke chicken and it was blanc

chicken , onions , peppers , passata , coke , bit soy sauce and worchester sauce

am i missing anything ? as it didnt taste great

I put on 5 lbs over the weekend!! I'm so annoyed with myself. I kind of feel like it wasn't 100% deserved but I definitely over indulged. I was 2lbs away from target and now I'm half a stone away. I feel like I'm never going to get there. So I didn't stay for group and went to the shop on the way home for crisps and chocolate :(

Tomorrow is a new day, think how good you'll feel next week if you 'food optimise 100%' :rolleyes: between now and your next weigh in!

made the diet coke chicken and it was blanc

chicken , onions , peppers , passata , coke , bit soy sauce and worchester sauce

am i missing anything ? as it didnt taste great
    Dunno if you're missing anything but we didn't like it in our house either. No real taste at all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Put on half a lb, wasnt happy at all :( first week that ive put weight on.

I had nt been too bad last wk, maybe a few jellies etc but certainly not big bars of chocolate or bold meals :(

Gutted, but will keep going !

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭spur

I did the same. Was up 3.5 lbs. I had been up a little 2 weeks ago and felt it undeserved but felt bloated. Lost 4 last week and was thrilled. I step up on my own scales once a week just to have a check-in and when I did during this past week I seemed to be up. I spent rest of that morning tidying my wardrobe and fitting on clothes and finding so much that fit me! And yet that knowledge that I seemed to be up was lurking and I went off the rails for the weekend.
    I am annoyed at myself as it seems to have been going awry for me since Easter - I get close to my 3 stone award and then away again.
    And like you I didn't stay for class and went off and bought chocolate and crisps - and felt sick after scoffing them - which I was happier with!!!!

So mind back on track this morning and here's to me getting my 3 stone award by end May.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Dodge wrote: »
    Dunno if you're missing anything but we didn't like it in our house either. No real taste at all

yeah just bland

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Lost a pound tonight, delighted as we had a very busy weekend, was very good food wise but had a good few drinks

But being down a pound means that I have reached my 3 stone loss and half a pound. So in 8 and a half months I have lost 42.5 lbs, so so happy :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭okiss

Down 5 and half pounds this week - delighted after putting up a pound last week. I have gone into my third stone zone since I went back to sw at the end of Jan. I found photo's I took on my phone last Nov/Dec. I could see a difference and my friends agreeded with me.
    Since starting I had one week that I maintained but lost 6 lbs the following week. I put on a 1 lb last week but had 5 and a half gone today. Some times you have a good week but the results may not show up for a week or two so don't give up. If you have a bad day - just put it behind you and get back on track the next day.

I know some other people have mentioned that they don't want to join a gym as they will be bigger than other people there. People join a gym to lose weight, tone up or get fit or a combaination of all 3.
    For me going to the gym is helping me lose both weight and inches. Also as you lose weight you don't want to be left with flabby bits. Being toned helps you look thiner and fit into clothes better.
    Hope every one has a good week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Look what I got :D

29zebg0.jpg

7.5lb down in 2 weeks, and I've had takeaway and a few drinks! I enjoyed a party at the weekend but still made the best choices I could, and pulled back a bit on the other days. Set myself a mini target of of another 2lb for next week so more of the same (and it'll take me below a stone barrier, W00t!)

• Advertisement

Was up myself on Monday. First gain in a while and first gain that ever annoyed me. Thought I was having a good week

Mrs had a decent loss and she fits into a skirt she bought as a bit of a goal skirt at Christmas. She's delighted so that's made me get back on track

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement