Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man Pays €60 Motor Tax Fine With 6,000 1c Coins

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

orestes wrote: »
    Penguins? Everybody loves penguins.
    Not me. Too penguiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭7 7 12

Yawns wrote: »
    I'll admit it. From the first post I thought you were going to be one of those terrible re-regged trolls, but at least by your 8th post you've shown a more subtle way of trolling. Instead of just throwing it all out there, you're trying one step at a time.

Your rating went from a D- for effort from post #1 to a c+ til now. Keep it up. You gotta show your work tho, not just the answer!
    No ideas what you're on about mate I'm a new account

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Course you are! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Oh yes that's a good one! What's the best way to cook a penguin?

Poor Pingu :(
    Not me. Too penguiny.

We could try cross-breeding one with a tiger to make a tiguin or a piger, more to your liking?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 schoolmouse

How right he was :D:D:D:D:D:D
    If I was paying a bill or a fine in coinage and was told that it was not acceptable I would immediately look for a letter to explain to me why coins were not acceptable after all they are legal tender and if you refuse to accept them then I would take it that the bill was paid.I once paid my ESB bill with coins which they were reluctant to accept as they said that the bank charged them for lodging coins and wanted to charge me more because of it.:D:D:D:D.They took the coins as they were reluctant to go without their money.

• Advertisement

Oh seriously did you have to drag this thread back on topic?

Course you are! ;)
    No offence but I don't think it's any of your business if he/she is a re-reg and calling someone a troll because they don't agree with you is against the rules AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

orestes wrote: »
    Penguins? Everybody loves penguins.

Too hard to get the wrappers off......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

If I was paying a bill or a fine in coinage and was told that it was not acceptable I would immediately look for a letter to explain to me why coins were not acceptable after all they are legal tender and if you refuse to accept them then I would take it that the bill was paid.I once paid my ESB bill with coins which they were reluctant to accept as they said that the bank charged them for lodging coins and wanted to charge me more because of it.:D:D:D:D.They took the coins as they were reluctant to go without their money.

Good post but it could do with more smileys and less punctuation.

No offence but I don't think it's any of your business if he/she is a re-reg and calling someone a troll because they don't agree with you is against the rules AFAIK.

So's back seat modding so I guess we've both broken rules. I call a troll when I see it. Whether I agree or disagree is irrelevant. I can have a discussion with people without calling them trolls unless I think they are actually trolling.

http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?user=619758&sort=oldest&date_to=&date_from=&query=*%3A*

Only regged to sprout nonsense and claims he can buy a house all in coins because a vendor would have to accept 200k in coins.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Good post but it could do with more smileys and less punctuation.

And more penguins.

So's back seat modding so I guess we've both broken rules. I call a troll when I see it.

http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?user=619758&sort=oldest&date_to=&date_from=&query=*%3A*

Only regged to sprout nonsense and claims he can buy a house all in coins because a vendor would have to accept 200k in coins.
    How does that make him/her a re-reg? Everyone has a first post.

How does that make him/her a re-reg? Everyone has a first post.

Educated guess my dear Watson...

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭7 7 12

Educated guess my dear Watson...
    Wrong educated guess tbh

Course it was.

Let's see.

You just joined and knew to sprout tripe in After Hours of all places for a first post. Ok. You also knew that after the one line of tripe you decided to throw on the /thread which seems to becoming more common place around here. Then your other posts that followed (the bank one) was more tripe in the lines of trolling. Some people believe in coincidence, I believe trolls exist! :D

So. Wrong guess...

Think I'll stick to it tbh.

That's it for the night for me anyway. Up early so away to dream of eating penguins I go. Enjoy the last of the thread anyway!

So long!

And thanks for all the fish!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

How many fish makes up a mallard?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

He still has 60 euro less to his name

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Was it accepted at all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Joe.ie is a website for spastics. So's Her.ie.

"Hey lads. Shifting, right? Gettin' the shift, eh? Remember Glenroe? Biddy, eh? Teasy? Mayo jersey in Sydney, eh? Mad bastards, shleppin' spuds."

Very good. In stitches!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

28064212 wrote: »
    There are two separate offences. One is not having tax on your car. This is a serious offence, and your car can be impounded. The other is "non-display of your tax disc". This is an on-the-spot €60 fine
    Both of which can be appealed and over turned as I've told you I've done it. So have many other people.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 368 ✭✭Morph the Cat

If I was paying a bill or a fine in coinage and was told that it was not acceptable I would immediately look for a letter to explain to me why coins were not acceptable

And they would give you a letter quoting the "The Economic and Monetary Union Act, 1998", which states that no more than 50 coins have to be accepted as part of any transaction.

More ignorant waffling about "legal tender" - would it blow your mind if I told you that there is more to the law than Junior Cert Bus. Org?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 368 ✭✭Morph the Cat

Jester252 wrote: »
    Was it accepted at all

Hard to know, since it Joe.ie made it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭RayCon

smash wrote: »
    Both of which can be appealed and over turned as I've told you I've done it. So have many other people.

+1 ... yip I've had a €60 fine overturned.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,486 ✭✭✭✭28064212

smash wrote: »
    Any charge can be appealed and over-turned. I never said otherwise. The simple fact is that non-display of your tax disc is an offence in itself, and you can be fined €60 for it. Whether the car is actually taxed or not is a separate consideration

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

He was being a dick.

The guy issuing the fine was just doing his job.

Has this prat paid his tax on time like he should have done, then this would never have happened.

No better than getting all indignant that someone dare give out to you for your dog crapping on their lawn.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Sod this, let's have a laugh at the Swiss instead

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21294241

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I love coming late to threads like this that are 4 pages long. You read the first page of posts, the last one having made an impression is someone talking about pissing on the coins before handing them over, then you go straight to the last page and the first post on that page is talking about cooking penguins.

Turns it from another boring anti-government whinge into a python-esque sketch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Why would one tax their car and then not display it?

A lot of people don't display their disk on motorbikes. I have had my disk holder ripped off the bike a few times, so I just leave it in the pocket of my bike jacket now.

Most cops at checkpoints undersatnd and have no problem with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Call me a spoilsport but I have slightly higher standards for being a 'legend' or a 'hero'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Odysseus wrote: »
    A lot of people don't display their disk on motorbikes. I have had my disk holder ripped off the bike a few times, so I just leave it in the pocket of my bike jacket now.

Most cops at checkpoints undersatnd and have no problem with it.

But doesn't that leave the bike open to getting a ticket if it's caught parked on a public street without a disc displayed?

Advertisement