Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S05 Ep10 - "Mother's Mercy" - HAVE NOT READ THE BOOKS

Options
  • 15-06-2015 3:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭

**** THE LOT OF IT.

Then **** it some more.

And **** the watch.
    And **** Stannis.
    And **** GRRM.
    And **** "a man".
    And **** the writers.

Then **** it another bit.

What's your rating of the episode? 401 votes

1 - Makes Dorne fighting scenes look good
    0% 0 votes
    4% 18 votes
    0% 4 votes
    4% 19 votes
    5% 21 votes
    7% 32 votes
    12% 52 votes
    17% 71 votes
    28% 116 votes
    10 - Best ever!
    16% 68 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Wow.Didn't think that would happen at the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Lyssa

I can't believe that ending..... Fcuk :(

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

Al Capwned wrote: »
    **** THE LOT OF IT.

Then **** it some more.

This

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭IT-Guy

"You know nuthin Jon Snow"

Tragically appropriate but I'm actually annoyed Lady Melisandre lives yet Jon Snow is dead. I hope Sir Davos sorts her out. What an episode

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Oh, and **** Cersei, and that cnut of a Mountain too.

I'm going to bed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭jimmy180sx

Red Witch being at castle black a bit of a coincidence!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

All the while...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PressRun

So, who is left to root for?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

PressRun wrote: »
    So, who is left to root for?

Bronn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

J. Marston wrote: »
    Bronn.

Fcuk us all if that's the case

• Advertisement

Perhaps this will be the red woman's chance to prove her worth - resurrect Jon.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,341 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

It would be a pity if JS is dead, he was definitely one of the better characters.

Hopefully Theon and Sansa survive as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Add a poll please!

I thought the Cersei scene was really well done. Sam's part was fine too.

The rest of the episode was meh imo, pacing and writing was not up to scratch of previous seasons. Felt like everything got rushed and left a lack of substance.

Stannis and his army just stood their like idiots instead of getting into formation while the Boltons charged. Would have been nice to see more of the battle, again it felt rushed.

The Arya story arc just gets stranger and stranger, I didn't enjoy it but I guess its subjective. The face masks seems like a cheap explanation. Theon and Sansa diving to what seemed like their deaths, I didn't see any water below them on first viewing. Dorne might be finally over, what a misguided mess that has been, I wonder if Jaime will turn the boat around, I wonder who poisoned her etc, shallow plots galore!

Khaleesi scene was dumb, wanders off on her own and gets surrounded seconds later while her dragon literally feet away takes a snooze. Finally Varys showing up to rescue Tyrion from his horrible dilemma and it's much needed. It's a welcome addition, the chemistry previously was flat. Jorah and the queens loverboy heading off on there own and leaving their army and everyone else behind. I wonder what could possibly happen! Again my point is nothing is left to the imagination, they even had to show a cunning smirk on loverboys face just to ram the point home.

Now I know why the young lad gave Jon Snow constant dirty looks. Just didn't feel clever, maybe if he'd done it once it might has been a inkling, but 4 times or whatever it was just rammed it home for me that something was going to happen to him in the last 5 mins.

I'd rate it a 5 solely cause of the Cersei scene. Can only base the episodes on previous ones, and this season hasn't been as smart, or have as much complicated "depth" of the previous ones. There's been a decrease in the cleverness of conversations aswell imo. The first 5 episodes or so had very little progression, and tonight's felt extremely rushed, poor pacing.

Hoping season 6 picks it up again

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

Melisandre is totally going to resurrect him. It couldnt be more obvious

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

I thought the Cersei scene was really well done.

I thought that went on a bit too long, tbh. I felt like more time should have been spent with other plots.
    The Arya story arc just gets stranger and stranger, I didn't enjoy it but I guess its subjective. The face masks seems like a cheap explanation.

I'm struggling to understand how Arya will remain an interesting character if she has her identity stripped from her. Being a Stark out for revenge is what makes her compelling. Take that away, and what becomes of her?
    Theon and Sansa diving to what seemed like their deaths, I didn't see any water below them on first viewing.

I think they jumped into the snow? Utterly bizarre turn in their story anyway. And I wasn't really impressed by the fact that Theon just suddenly snaps out of his trance and submissive state to Ramsey in order to save Sansa. She should have gotten herself out of that situation without relying on him. She's sorely in need of serious character development that doesn't involve some bloke.

With Daenerys, were those people planning on killing her or were they like celebrating her or something? I couldn't tell. Were they Dothraki?

PressRun wrote: »
    I think they jumped into the snow? Utterly bizarre turn in their story anyway. And I wasn't really impressed by the fact that Theon just suddenly snaps out of his trance and submissive state to Ramsey in order to save Sansa. She should have gotten herself out of that situation without relying on him. She's sorely in need of serious character development that doesn't involve some bloke.

With Daenerys, were those people planning on killing her or were they like celebrating her or something? I couldn't tell.

Yeah it was bizarre. Also very convenient how all ran into each other around a corner during a big battle. Theon has shown twice previously when Sansa got raped and when she asked him to light the candle where his loyalties are, I don't see what changed

I think those were Daenery's enemies, only basing that on her usual one dimensional face expression. Nothing really felt clear to me that episode, like Stannis's apparent death, it cut right to another scene just as Brienne swung her sword. I was thinking maybe the God of Light or whatever would protect him

Yeah, it seems slightly unrealistic that Theon would just snap out of it. We've been led to believe that he has been so thoroughly broken by Ramsey that he'll even stand there and watch her be raped, but a woman pointing an arrow at her is the last straw for him? I mean, he already had a chance to save her with the candle and didn't. It'd be more satisfying (and merciful to everyone involved) if Sansa had thrown him over the railing more than anything, tbh.

Also, is Stannis definitely dead? I felt like something was going to happen to Brienne while she was standing there making that speech, and it seemed like he was looking over her shoulder the whole time. She also seemed quite hesitant to kill him once he told her to do her duty. He probably is, and tbh, I feel like his story has run its course and he got what he deserved. Seemed weirdly ambiguous for GoT though.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭leonil7

ah finish. one year of waiting.. again.
    hope nobody dies (author and the actors) and keep the show going.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,081 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

As for the Drogon/Charizard comparison, I thought I was really smart for thinking of that and it was posted above :p

• Advertisement

e141dpjvubiv19v6g.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Stannis and his army just stood their like idiots instead of getting into formation while the Boltons charged. Would have been nice to see more of the battle, again it felt rushed.

Watch it again. Half of them form up while the other half actually flees during the charge. Besides, they were surrounded by cavalry. It's game over at that point.
    Theon and Sansa diving to what seemed like their deaths, I didn't see any water below them on first viewing.

Powdered snow. If its deep enough, its like falling onto a net.
    I wonder who poisoned her

Er....werent you watching? Oberyn girl poisoned her. She coated her lips with it, kissed her, and then took the antidote. Frankly it was right on the nose. Dunno how you missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Game-of-Thrones-game-of-thrones-37040661-245-250.gif

Bad feeling Ghost is going to be joining Grey Wind and Lady in doggie heaven :(.

Kirby wrote: »
    Er....werent you watching? Oberyn girl poisoned her. She coated her lips with it, kissed her, and then took the antidote. Frankly it was right on the nose. Dunno how you missed it.

Ya I was being Sarcastic. I was trying to compare it to a scene like when Joffrey died and how thought invoking it was to figure out who did it.

It was such a bad scene, they went and did it even though their Prince would be left alone on the boat

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

This is totally a Harry potter situation. He "dies" but doesnt really die. Magic ex machina Melisandre will resurrect him.

Kirby wrote: »
    Watch it again. Half of them form up while the other half actually flees during the charge. Besides, they were surrounded by cavalry. It's game over at that point.

Were all those horsemen that suddenly showed up on behalf of the Boltons deserters from Stannis' army? I was a little confused as to where they all came from.

I also can't quite believe that characters like Oberyn, Tywin, Ned, Rob and Jon (possibly) are all dead, but the fcuking Mountain is miraculously brought back from the brink. Characters who have actually made the show compelling are being phased out while totally uninteresting ones are being kept on (are we really going to have to sit through another season of Theon?).

Ya I was being Sarcastic. I was trying to compare it to a scene like when Joffrey died and how thought invoking it was to figure out who did it.

It was such a bad scene, they went and did it even though their Prince would be left alone on the boat

I was wondering about the logic behind their choice too. I assume they've done it without Doran's knowledge, but as soon as Cersei's maester does an autopsy on Myrcella, they're going to know exactly what happened and that will surely spell the end of Tristane and start a possible war with Dorne? Which seems to be the exact opposite of what Doran wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

For me this episode seemed very rushed and just not like the usual GOT episodes. It was like, this is happening, now that's happening, now this over here! For me it didn't sit right.

I also disliked the placing cersei's head on someone elses body for the walk of shame. I'd rather they had shown close ups and then far enough away with the double that you couldn't see the face rather than placing the actors head on another body like in captain america, I've never seen it done well. It kept taking me out of the moment.

As for the end of the episode, I think al capwned summed that up in the first post. Surely he'll be brought back to life...

hope you all did not miss the episode's panaroma shot of stannis army dead on the field.

08wm659879kiy2l6g.jpg

conclusion: more zombies for the whitys, maybe even make stannis dream come true - a zombie king.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,269 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

//MOD

Poll added to the thread; I've also had to do some thread clean up. I strongly recommend the use of the report post button in the bottom left corner of a post if you got an issue with it...

//MOD

Advertisement