Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP thread for people involved in film

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Tony EH wrote: »
    Geoffrey Bayldon dies at 93.

Had a small role in Hammer's Dracula and a ton of other films where he became a bit of a "that guy" face that nobody could remember the name of.

But most people of a certain age will remember him from 'Worzel Gummidge' or 'Catweazle'.

He was in a BBC schools programme called Words And Pictures, can't remember if he was a baddy or not, think he probably was. Also pretty sure it was about pinching bird eggs. Probably not the highlight of his CV.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Daliah Lavi 12 October 1942 - 3 May 2017

Sixties totty - she had a succession of roles in mainstream post Dr No spy parodies, some horror flicks and a few more substantial productions like Lord Jim.

daliah_lavi_08.jpg

Powers Boothe, he of Deadwood, Tombstone, Red Dawn and a dozen other has died.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Powers Boothe, he of Deadwood, Tombstone, Red Dawn and a dozen other has died.

If you wanted a bad ass with a tache, he was your man....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭bnt

https://twitter.com/ThatKevinSmith/status/867131251190370305
    Here's one of Lisa's scenes from Clerks. In case you haven't seen this, I won't spoil what happens next ... :eek:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

bnt wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/ThatKevinSmith/status/867131251190370305
    Here's one of Lisa's scenes from Clerks. In case you haven't seen this, I won't spoil what happens next ... :eek:

RIP :( She was only 44.

Clerks is a great movie.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,163 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Peter Sallis has passed away: http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-40165443

Probably best known for voicing Wallace in Wallace & Gromit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,678 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Genuinely saddened by that. My parents and grandparents all loved Last of the Summer Wine and pretty much everyone I know is a Wallace and Gromit fan.

Ah heck :(

Glenne Headly has died at 63. The DM has a profile here. She was best known for roles in Mr. Holland's Opus and Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, as well as the romantic lead in Dick Tracy. She was still working in TV on a series called Future Man at the time of her death.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,382 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

Very sad to read this.
    She was brilliant in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels - one of my all time favourite comedies.
    RIP.
    Glenne Headly has died at 63. The DM has a profile here. She was best known for roles in Mr. Holland's Opus and Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, as well as the romantic lead in Dick Tracy. She was still working in TV on a series called Future Man at the time of her death.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,962 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Zeek12 wrote: »
    Very sad to read this.
    She was brilliant in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels - one of my all time favourite comedies.
    RIP.

Yeh, that ending of that film great, where she comes up and surprises the lads with a new grift.

They're like WTF? Um...ok, let's go with this...

:pac:

Tony EH wrote: »
    Yeh, that ending of that film great, where she comes up and surprises the lads with a new grift.

They're like WTF? Um...ok, let's go with this...

:pac:
    This clip? I see what you mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,962 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

This clip? I see what you mean.

Yeh, that's it. The faces on the boys are gas and the kick in is brilliant.

"G'Day Nikos..."

• Registered Users Posts: 85,341 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

RIP Glenne Headly

She was also married John Malkovich

• Registered Users Posts: 60,362 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well splat! biff! crash! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

**** sakes he's one of my favorite Family Guy cast members, the cat launcher was the best thing ever, other than the shark replant spray of course, RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,200 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Anita Pallenberg has died aged 73.
    Probably better known for being the girlfriends of several rolling stones but did some acting as well.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-40271793

John G. Avildsen who directed Rocky and a slew of others has died

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,362 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Stephen Furst who starred in Babylon 5 (Vir Cotto) and was Flounder in Animal House died aged 63 RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,669 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Stephen Furst who starred in Babylon 5 (Vir Cotto) and was Flounder in Animal House died aged 63 RIP.

Awe thats sad. He was a good actor. What did he die from?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,275 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

AMKC wrote: »
    Awe thats sad. He was a good actor. What did he die from?

Complications from diabetes I think... and plus one to the number of relatively early deaths for babylon 5 cast members. I remember him from animal house also.

Nice look back on B5 work here:
    http://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2017/6/18/15826064/steven-furst-babylon-5-vir-cotto-science-fiction-sidekick

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,678 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Henry Deutschendorf who, along with his twin brother Will, played baby Oscar in Ghostbusters II died on June 14th. Sounds like suicide after a prolonged battle with schizoaffective disorder. He was only 28.

As an aside, the brothers were nephews of John Denver!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭B_Wayne

Michael Nyqvist has died of lung cancer at 56. Most famous role was probably the lead in Girl with Dragon Tattoo Series. Was a superb actor and is a big loss to cinema.
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/michael-nyqvist-dead-girl-dragon-tattoo-actor-was-56-1017014?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

B_Wayne wrote: »
    Michael Nyqvist has died of lung cancer at 56. Most famous role was probably the lead in Girl with Dragon Tattoo Series. Was a superb actor and is a big loss to cinema.
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/michael-nyqvist-dead-girl-dragon-tattoo-actor-was-56-1017014?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

People should check out his performances in Lukas Moodysson's Together and As it is in Heaven. Probably his best imo. Sad loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭p to the e

B_Wayne wrote: »

That's a shame. Seemed like he was beginning to take Hollywood by storm. Was quite menacing in Mission Impossible:Ghost Protocol and looked to enjoy hamming it up in John Wick.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Looper007 wrote: »
    People should check out his performances in Lukas Moodysson's Together and As it is in Heaven. Probably his best imo. Sad loss.

Only rewatched 'As it is in the heaven' the other day. He was also in the little Abba short 'Our last video ever'. R.I.P.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Nelsan Ellis has passed away aged 39. I would remember him from playing Shinwell Johnson in Elementary. He also played the short order cook Lafayette Reynolds in True Blood

He also appeared in the films Get On Up and The Help.

s0vcsh.jpg
    Nelsan Ellis, the actor who starred in HBO's True Blood as Lafayette Reynolds, has died, his manager Emily Gerson Saines, told The Hollywood Reporter.

He was 39.

"Nelsan has passed away after complications with heart failure," Saines said. "He was a great talent, and his words and presence will be forever missed."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/true-blood-star-nelsan-ellis-dies-at-39-1019540

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,078 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

He was brilliant in true blood as lafeyette.
    A little bit phoning it in as shinwell.
    Good actor and way too early a passing.

Advertisement