Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Telltale Working on Game of Thrones Game?

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,169 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

calex71 wrote: »
    February 4th for Episode 2 :)

Anyone know when this can be downloaded?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Anyone know when this can be downloaded?

I downloaded it earlier .

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,169 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Hmm, when I go to the Episodes it still says Coming Soon underneath episode 2 on mine (Xbox One)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Hmm, when I go to the Episodes it still says Coming Soon underneath episode 2 on mine (Xbox One)

I can see it in the store via smartglass.

Hopefully its available to download from within the game when I get home later.

**Paging Calex to the thread** Did he download it yet I wonder?

Mr Freeze wrote: »

Yeah I couldn't find it in the regular store either, only episode one and the season pass.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ahh I downloaded it on psn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Was still showing as "Coming Soon" from within the game when I checked at lunch time , I could see the ep listed on the store in smartglass but not on xbox.com or on the One/360

Edit: Wait theres a tile for episode 2 on the dash for me, when I click it it don't have an option to buy , it just say's 'install' so guess it has to be done like that and not from within the game?

Yeah that tile just showed up for me too, installing now. Still says coming soon in the game.

Finished it there, didn't think it was that great tbh, also noticed some graphical issues too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Finished it there, didn't think it was that great tbh, also noticed some graphical issues too.

It's a 1.5GB download does that mean its shorter than the first episode?

• Advertisement

ERG89 wrote: »
    It's a 1.5GB download does that mean its shorter than the first episode?

I thought it was shorter alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Just finished Episode 2. Still a bit meh for me but things seem to be heating up a bit so hopefully it'll get better.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,314 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'm actually quite enjoying the story, but those graphics are shocking. Whatever you're supposed to be focusing on looks okay, but everything in the background looks jagged and like it's all moving. The Telltale engine looks poor on the current gen systems.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I'm actually quite enjoying the story, but those graphics are shocking. Whatever you're supposed to be focusing on looks okay, but everything in the background looks jagged and like it's all moving. The Telltale engine looks poor on the current gen systems.

I just played 5 minutes there before bed (sigh fúcking work on Saturday's). Honestly the voice acting is wooden & dull at times too. Some characters more than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,116 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Been reading around and it seems for they wanted the backgrounds to have an oil painting look to them. I actually like it, looks quite nice.

The engine really tells on the characters though. The animations for the characters are very stiff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Just finished episode 2.

It's enjoyable enough but a bit disheartening to realise just how futile the vast majority of the 'choices' really are.
    I just wanted to stay out of that situation with the two eejits at the wall so kept staying silent and not choosing any option, but ended up defending the guy who stole the knife by default. That was annoying.

It's basically just a miniseries spin off of the TV show except every now and then you get to press W to advance the camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Mr.Buzz

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Just finished episode 2.

It's enjoyable enough but a bit disheartening to realise just how futile the vast majority of the 'choices' really are.

So basically it's like TWD only with GoT. Damn it, I really thought they'd change something after TWD but it still remains - choose whatever you want, it really doesn't count. Damn you TT, damn you!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Mr.Buzz wrote: »
    So basically it's like TWD only with GoT. Damn it, I really thought they'd change something after TWD but it still remains - choose whatever you want, it really doesn't count. Damn you TT, damn you!

Almost all of the choices are more or less meaningless. Like choosing between saying things like:
    • Our house must be strong
    • They must be stopped
    • I won't let them win
    Basically they just throw any old choice into long stints of dialogue to make the player feel more involved, but there's no meaningful impact.

Of the choices that do feel substantial, it's increasingly apparent that whatever you do can't have any impact on the plot.

Just wondering about the choices I didn't make:
    Did anyone choose for Mira to run while her attacker was drowning the boy? What happens if you do?
    I convinced Eleana to go ahead with the marriage to Rodrick. She hardly just leaves if you don't?
    How does Beshka react if you suggest she lead an army of sellswords? I had Asher say he'd lead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

A lot of freezing / stuttering on this for One, like the walking dead on 360 :mad:

Also being reported that there is an issue on the One version (not sure of others) where choices made on ep1 don't carry over to ep2 and worse still TellTale have known about it since December but haven't patched it.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Mr.Buzz

Of the choices that do feel substantial, it's increasingly apparent that whatever you do can't have any impact on the plot.

Wow, that's disappointing. I'm probably going to skip it, in that case... thanks for the info, anyways :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,116 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Just wondering about the choices I didn't make:
    Did anyone choose for Mira to run while her attacker was drowning the boy? What happens if you do?
    I convinced Eleana to go ahead with the marriage to Rodrick. She hardly just leaves if you don't?
    How does Beshka react if you suggest she lead an army of sellswords? I had Asher say he'd lead.
    I failed to convince Eleana to marry Rodrick and she did leave after the encounter with Whitehill.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Ya my choices didn't carry over from episode 1, I just played on, I wasn't going playing it again.

I also
    failed to convince Elena to go ahead with the marriage, Lets hope there is some actual difference in peoples games now after that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭CiaranW

Just finished it last night.
    Thought it was amazing, depsite the constant glitches and having to read subtitles as there are no voices speaking quite a lot.
    Delighted to see Rodrik still alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

Ya my choices didn't carry over from episode 1, I just played on, I wasn't going playing it again.

I also
    failed to convince Elena to go ahead with the marriage, Lets hope there is some actual difference in peoples games now after that one.

I say what will happen there will be
    Her father won't agree and won't be able to marry regardless.
    something small to put everything on the level again and give the illusion of choice's making a difference.

My choice's didn't carry over either
    My sentinel wasn't who I picked

• Registered Users Posts: 8,917 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Episode 3 is out this week

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

YAY! *Dances*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Anyone play episode 3 yet ?
    The part with the dragon in the cave was pretty cool
    I'd say Ser Royland is the traitor, he seems to bark an awful lot but never do anything

Anyone play episode 3 yet ?
    The part with the dragon in the cave was pretty cool
    I'd say Ser Royland is the traitor, he seems to bark an awful lot but never do anything

I think its
    the maester

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I think its
    the maester
    I did too at first, but the scene where Gryff put Rodrik on the ground made me change my mind. He done very little to back up or defend Talia or Rodrik

• Advertisement

I did too at first, but the scene where Gryff put Rodrik on the ground made me change my mind. He done very little to back up or defend Talia or Rodrik

Yeah I see where you are coming from but
    he was very vocal about his distate of the Whitehills so I couldn't see him betray the Forresters and the Maester just seems like someone who knows that House forrester is not going to last long and wants to gain favor with the Whitehills
    It's definitely one of the two yet it's Telltale so there could be another twist

Advertisement